No announcement yet.

has anyone heard of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that it's a BAD drawing, but here is the general concept (I believe)

- Glenn Campbell

Haunted Hotel - Louisville, KY
    Industrial Nightmare - Jeffersonville, IN
    http://www.hauntednetwork.com

Comment

The floor did not move. Just the doors opened to let the balls out. There were still a few balls in the room when we were exiting, and there was an actor with a leaf blower pushing the remaining balls down to the pit.
      - Glenn Campbell

Comment

So the floor was not slanted, the balls just went out the side door due to the volume of them?
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Correct. What I would like to know is how they get the balls back up in the hopper.
          - Glenn Campbell

Comment

What kept a person from getting swept into the hole?

The balls rolling into the hole will cause some force on the people near the hole. the likely hood of an adult being sucked in are slim, but a really small adult or a child could be pulled into said hole.

Just curious on what saftey feature they used to prevent someone from getting rolled in with the balls.
            www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

I don't think that they run every group into this room. I think that they only pick adults. About being pulled into the hole.. There's not enough force with the balls. (They are plastic and light) So, I don't think that there is a problem with that. When you are put into the room, you are told by someone to stand against the opposite wall.

I can't see where anyone could really get hurt in here. At least not anymore than the rest of the house.
              - Glenn Campbell

Comment

From what I remember it seemed like a space opened along the sides of the trailer we were in (from the looks of it, it seemed like we were in a semi trailer)...fravity took over from there - the balls naturally ran out the bottom/sides... you hear a RUSH of balls running out the sides... and they asked us to help them along as well... not sure how they were reset but it amazes me that they didn't get huge gridlocks between these large groups. All 3 times we walked right into the trailer with everyone and didn't have to wait.
                Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                The White Star Farm
                "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

From what I remember it seemed like a space opened along the sides of the trailer we were in (from the looks of it, it seemed like we were in a semi trailer)...fravity took over from there - the balls naturally ran out the bottom/sides... you hear a RUSH of balls running out the sides... and they asked us to help them along as well... not sure how they were reset but it amazes me that they didn't get huge gridlocks between these large groups. All 3 times we walked right into the trailer with everyone and didn't have to wait.
                  Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                  The White Star Farm

Comment

Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                    The White Star Farm

Comment

Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                      The White Star Farm

Comment

Balls into a Pit? Where have I heard this before?
                        Balls? What do you know about this?
                        We ain't talking , Boss.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Plan on spending about $7500 bucks on balls, I contacted mrball.com

Dear Mr. Hays,
                          Ball pits hold a max of 65 balls per cubic foot. Your 12x8x6 = 576 cubic feet or 37,440 balls.
                          The balls come in boxes of 500. You would need 75 boxes. I am out of used balls. New ones cost approimately $90 per box.plus shipping..
                          Sincerely,
                          Mark Riley
                          Brett Hays, Director
                          Fear Fair
                          www.fearfair.com

Comment

I have a business contact over in China. I'll see what he can get them for.
                            - Glenn Campbell

Comment

Wishing to be "different", and wanting to make something with a longer life span, maybe I'll build one using bowling balls?
                              Wouldn't this be a big surprise for people?
                              Someone once told me that this device used at The Asylum did really cut down on throughput, but then everyone has their own ideas about balancing "show" with customer numbers.......
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hmmm,

But Jim, Why would anyone want to be different? The trick is to let a select few people build new and original things, so the rest of us can copy them and call it our own.

I learn more about this industry daily, it seems.

So how does the floor work? Can you get cheap balls from overseas? How do you suck the balls back up? Can we all build these?

Dave who?
                                Dr. Spooky Pants

Comment

Working...
                                X