Re: Good Haunted Houses -
Ultimately if you have a good haunted house and you live in a well populated area you will ultimately have through put issues -
There are three obvious answers -
1) Increase your throughput (Flow/Quality Issues)
2) Make them wait 3+ hours ( Parking/ This BETTER be good!/Lost Business)
3) Time Ticket them (Hold lots of people on site, Parking, Lost Business)
How you do any of these and still have happy customers really points to the quality of your event.
As far as if you have a great show or not we all know that no critic in this industry or in the media really can say how good your show is, what they experience is a snap shot, a slice of what you do. The truth is found in one thing. Word of mouth of your guests.
I would say if you are growing your business every year, especially dramatically you are doing great! If you are stagnant or declining you have some problems.
You have a few things that will keep you from growing -
1) A chokepoint - ( Bad throughput, bad location, poor population, too much competition)
2) Poor Marketing
3) Show Quality
4) External Forces ( Weather, Sports, etc.)
You can NEVER get full of yourself and think that you have it all figured out, you always have to move forward full force and evolve and change and improve. You must always watch and listen to your customers - They and only they are the ultimate judges.
At least in my opinion!