Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Reality show to air late sept! America's Haunted House!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katie

lol, you're right on the money as far as elite goes, look at the list, I would like too see evryone on that list claim themselves to be elite! lol

Comment

Who's got time to watch anything in late September? Better tivo it and watch it in November.

Comment

Hahaha i dont claim to be anything even elite...but on the good news i did get a rough edit of my preshow talking and will post it here very soon. Remember this is just a very rough edit, so you can see the green screen behind me and flashs everyonce in awhile.
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

The flashes you see waffle crotch is the withering , pruned up, concaved eyes of yours...Just thought i would thow that out there.....

Jason Blaszczak
          SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Just kidding! tater..........

Jason Blaszczak
            SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

haha its all good im sure ill get alot of stuff from this video

Comment

Tater

congrats my forum friend

Comment

video

there is the very rough edit of the video i promised..to answer some questions...Yes thats a remote in my hand...No tattoo is not opening another haunt in Wisconsin i meant to say Boston....like i said before not sure if they are going to use this...to me it just sounds like babble

Comment

Yeah I would have to agree with the person who said 'lucky bastards' over 'elite'. Hard to say who is elite and who isn't in this business... I guess it comes down to the eye of the beholder. Who knows who can do the best job, maybe this group will do an elite job or maybe what they do will suck to high heaven...who knows and that is why you do the show.

I will tell you my concern if you want to hear my two cents... if you do a terrible job, and the show markets this group as the ELITE the best of the best, and it comes out looking like well something from the 80's, or cheesy, this could give the entire industry a black eye.

When you talk about ELITE haunted houses you talk about 13th Gate, as an example...who just to open for Hauntcon spents tens of thousand of dollars worked 18 hours a day with a real elite crew, and worked his ass off for four months and probably still didn't get it done.

Everyone who went to Hauntcon said...wow this place is breathtaking. Those who went to Rocky Point haunted house would say UNREAL, or Netherworld drops the jaws. These are the types of haunts we want exposed to national media, because they make us ALL LOOK GOOD!

Yes we all don't have the budgets of Netherworld, or the skilled crews of 13th Gate, or the endless amounts of square feet to work with as a Beast or Edge of Hell, but you can get there, but being ELITE doesn't come over night and it takes a lot of experience and hard work, and well lots of mistakes to learn from.

You don't build a breathtaking haunted house in whatever weeks, it takes years. You also don't build breathtaking on a shoestring budget either, again it takes years of piling on top of what you already have to get there.

I am not taking ANY SHOTS at anyone on this group, but do they come together, work together to build an ELITE haunted house, in such a short time span that makes out industry look good, shows the country what level our industry is at. I'm not saying any one of these guys can't do that over the course of a year, with the right location, budget, importantly with the right plan. But here you have different people, different idea's all with different levels of experience. Who knows what they do and in the end does it mock what is really going on or showcase how great we all are.

In some ways this show could be dangerous to our industry, if it undoes all the great things we've accomplished with national exposure. For starters I wouldn't sell yourselves as the ELITE haunt designers, but rather 10 guys all with different idea's, trying to build a haunt.

Bottom line is this... if you're going to do this remember whatever you do is representing everyone even if what you do sucks to high heaven. If what you do sucks, we all suck, if what you do is great we're all great. If you guys look like idiots that do nothing but curse at each other, then you make us all look like idiots who curse at each other, especially if you sell yourselves off as the ELITE haunt designers.

If you sell yourselves off like that and this is how SCI FI markets this thing then you're representing an entire industry, not yourself, and that is a heavy burden to bear. Just remember that!

Not trying to be negative, or splash water on your parade, it's just the facts... so if you guys really do this, I will say make EVERYONE look professional and build an incredible haunted house and make an entire industry look like we deserve the national attention!

One last thing if the ships starts sinking and you won't make your deadlines get over here on Hauntworld and call in the reinforcements!!! LOL

GOOD LUCK! We're counting on it!

Larry

PS: I really like the idea of a magic person involved, will be interesting to see what he comes up with! I think that is the best or most interesting mix to your list just because it is so different.
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Shane said something about having myself, Leonard and Ben and some others design a haunt... I can tell you on that one nothing would ever get done, because I could never see myself and Leonard agreeing on what makes an awesome haunted house, like ever. It would be funny, because little would ever get done...LOL.

I think Ben and myself could build a haunted house together just fine, we think a lot a like. But myself and Leonard, yeah that might make for good television but the end product, ahhhhhh wellllll ummmmm, I could just never see myself doing the vacuum cleaner scare, or whatever else he likes to do.

Good tv yes, good haunted house him and myself working together NO!

What a riot that show would be!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry!!!!

Call someone you and Lennord would do great! All Chiefs and no Indians! Better yet put my ass in their I am sure I could add to the mix. I think by the end of the show you and Lennord would become lovers and I would be laughing my ass off! OH yeah why did you remove my post and the others Larry? Is it because were Whities? Shane
                        Last edited by graystone; 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

You might see some of these "other" haunt names

...in a haunt build show around the same time.......can't say and it's not my paranormal show but you aint seen "nutting" yet!
                          Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

Leonard

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                            Shane said something about having myself, Leonard and Ben and some others design a haunt... I can tell you on that one nothing would ever get done, because I could never see myself and Leonard agreeing on what makes an awesome haunted house, like ever. It would be funny, because little would ever get done...LOL.

I think Ben and myself could build a haunted house together just fine, we think a lot a like. But myself and Leonard, yeah that might make for good television but the end product, ahhhhhh wellllll ummmmm, I could just never see myself doing the vacuum cleaner scare, or whatever else he likes to do.

Good tv yes, good haunted house him and myself working together NO!

What a riot that show would be!

Larry
                            That shit would never work. Leonard spoke to us about his idea a few years back and for some reason he think the most important thing is through put! He is so wrong and if that is what this industry thinks they are wrong. Through put is fun and you need it to survive but it is no way to run a haunt. I've been in this buisness since the late 80's and I've seen people concerned about how many people they have put through and how much money they had made. That may work for a year or two but the reputation of giving people what they want and leaving feeling that they got their monies worth is what counts. We love each year turning people away on those busy weekends. It's the old studio 54 thing. They will be back because we give the customer something great. Have you ever been to a resterant and just walked in.. You wonder what the health rating is. You want to go somewhere where it is busy and feel that it's worth waiting on.
                            That's what this industry needs to look toward. But for Larry and Leonard I hate to tell you that you hav'nt figured it out.
                            I thinks its great doing a show about the industry but it takes years to build a reputation. It's not an over night thing.
                            Last edited by Slain; 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Larry, If a reality show about haunters turns out to be poor television doesn't the guy with the camera or the editing machine usually get the negative criticism?
                              being able to tell an interesting story for the camera is another art fairly well separated from the subjects who happen to be in front of the lens.
                              The haunted house venue really usually doesn't translate well to the screen unless you have a very expensive film crew and someone who really knows what they are trying to do, again blame or credit falling upon the film person.
                              If I had a close up and I was picking my nose, would this reflect badly upon all other haunters? I don't think so.
                              I did learn to stay out of Harley shops watching this kind of TV.
                              I don't always "duck" fast enough when an idiot throws parts for little or no reason.
                              (I watched that show once or twice, enough BS for me)
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                                Bottom line is this... if you're going to do this remember whatever you do is representing everyone even if what you do sucks to high heaven. If what you do sucks, we all suck, if what you do is great we're all great. If you guys look like idiots that do nothing but curse at each other, then you make us all look like idiots who curse at each other, especially if you sell yourselves off as the ELITE haunt designers.
                                ...But please, don't feel like you are under any pressure. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol
                                sigpic
                                Louis Brown
                                Owner, operator, and dish washer
                                at
                                DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                                X