Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Reality show to air late sept! America's Haunted House!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geckofx View Post
    I think some of the responses have been rather childish to say the least. So many people including some big ones, Larry, are obviously upset they didn't get chosen for this gig and are trying in a rather transparent way to express that without actually saying it. Grow up, it's a friggin reality TV show here kids. I am happy as crap for Eddie and the rest of the guys but don't act like your stuff is better than theirs. It's silly and retarded. This is not a professional industry, never has been, never will be. There just isn't enough money in it. And hell yes 10 weeks is more than enough, WAY more than enough. Do you think these guys are going to drive every nail in the place. This is TV kids, they'll be leading a crew here. And no it doesn't have to meet your silly little theories, or ideas or any of the things you all seem to think matters. It has to entertain people and get exposure. If it sucks, who cares. If it's great, who cares. Be happy for the guys, laugh at the silly antics that will go on and move on with your life. Hurt the industry, are you out of your mind. You think the average joe is even going to see this thing. It's going to be a small market at best. You silly silly people you.

And as long as I'm being pissy lets talk about throughput of those southern haunts someone was pathetically making an attempt to bash. You have no idea what goes on here or what we are dealing with. The big boys down here know exactly what they are doing and have it exactly where we want it. Don't even bother to attempt to try and throw your two sense in unless you have some kind of idea of what the reality of the business model being followed is.
    I very much know what the reality of this buisness is... That's just it there is no model and I will assure you Leaonard Pickel has no clue. So go bang your head against a brick wall and come back when you hae some sense.....

Comment

Lmao

Looks like Slain has bitch slaped someene back to reality! LMAO oh yeah its Shane! Insane Shane to some!
      sigpic

Comment

Will this "Bitch Slapping" be followed as it is traditionally , you drag her back into the cave and start all over again?
        "Film at 11?"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Slain

Originally posted by Slain View Post
          Larry,
          Leonard and my guys almost come to blows one night in Chicago. (I think he did get punched by someone that night.. some chick)
          Anywho back in 2001 we drove through Louisiana, Texas to see the best of the best, we found one thing in common with most of those haunts. They were cool with the pyrotechnics animatronics and such but you know we found one thing. All of the end result was the trough put. No only were they bad, these at the time were some of the top rated haunts in the US. So when you here me say that the top 13 haunts needs to be rated by people that has actually gone through these events you'll know why.
          Don't get me wrong we saw some good things in our drive but when it was all over we new what we didn't want to do. We didn't want to build something that people would say sucked just to make a buck....Get out haunters and see what is out there. Some of the smaller haunts are better than most of the large commercial events.
          You and your guys almost came to blows with leonard,(or are you just saying to make Larry happy) that's comical, isnt Leonard kinda a wuss, and YOU BRAG ABOUT THIS. Bwahahahahahaha

Comment

Ben I was defending you among the rest of us down here. I think they way you work your lines is great given what you've got to work with there.

So Slain, why don't you balls up, name the Haunted Houses you went through and thought the throughput sucked and then enlighten the rest of the world as to how you would do things differently? In fact, even better yet, why don't you just not say anything, that way you'll embarrass yourself less.

Look at your market, your show, your customers, and the logistics of what you need and go from there right? No model will fit everyone, nor will there ever be an ideal. Tour guides, free walk, large groups, small groups, all kinda depends on what you're doing right?

It's ok buddy, you can admit to yourself that you saw us down here, realized you could never pull off what we are doing and needed to do something different. It's really ok. Just don't bother me with your childish crap.

Wooo go Eddy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seriously i wish i would have been picked! Reality TV huh knowing myself all to well i would have been the Richard Hatch of the group working night and day probably in a diaper or miniskirt just for the shock and awe of public veiwing pleasure!

10 weeks isn't much time and i assume the budgets pretty good for this, get me tools and lumber and get the Hell out of my way! With no sleep or food i"ll be in a coma when im done but it would be kick ass.

Thats the schedule im on now anyways! Hell im even doing this in 100 degree temperatures!

Comment

GeckoFX

Originally posted by geckofx View Post
                Ben I was defending you among the rest of us down here. I think they way you work your lines is great given what you've got to work with there.

So Slain, why don't you balls up, name the Haunted Houses you went through and thought the throughput sucked and then enlighten the rest of the world as to how you would do things differently? In fact, even better yet, why don't you just not say anything, that way you'll embarrass yourself less.

Look at your market, your show, your customers, and the logistics of what you need and go from there right? No model will fit everyone, nor will there ever be an ideal. Tour guides, free walk, large groups, small groups, all kinda depends on what you're doing right?

It's ok buddy, you can admit to yourself that you saw us down here, realized you could never pull off what we are doing and needed to do something different. It's really ok. Just don't bother me with your childish crap.

Wooo go Eddy!!!!!!!!!
                First let's get something straight... I'm not your buddy!!! Do you even know what throughput is? "It is let's see how many people we can shove through this haunt without the fire department closing us down"..
                You can't run any haunt that way but once. Your customer would never come back. It must be a timed event. And no I will not tell you how we do it because we don't share information like that. You'd have to see that for yourself...
                You may know me but I don't know you. Maybe we can hook up and see who has the bigger balls. You must be a charactor at some haunt and not an owner operator...
                You have no clue!!! Who the Fuc& is Eddy?

Comment

Someone needs to add that as an event at the next convention….Ball Wars! Getting someone to do the judging could be problematic.
                  sigpic
                  Louis Brown
                  Owner, operator, and dish washer
                  at
                  DarkWood Manor

Comment

You can't run a haunt like that but once. Tell that to Halloween Horror Nights, they push through 32,000 people per night. It may not work for some but it works for them.

Originally posted by Slain View Post
                    First let's get something straight... I'm not your buddy!!! Do you even know what throughput is? "It is let's see how many people we can shove through this haunt without the fire department closing us down"..
                    You can't run any haunt that way but once. Your customer would never come back. It must be a timed event. And no I will not tell you how we do it because we don't share information like that. You'd have to see that for yourself...
                    You may know me but I don't know you. Maybe we can hook up and see who has the bigger balls. You must be a charactor at some haunt and not an owner operator...
                    You have no clue!!! Who the Fuc& is Eddy?
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Katie View Post
                      I think that some of these guys should get on here and defend themselves! i know Geoff Beck and Rob Johnson aren't shy! How did you guys hear about this and what are your thoughts???? Are you going to bring shame and dishonor to the industry - or make it shine like a new penny??? LOL I say this out of love and jealousy ha!
                      Katie,
                      Im not speaking directly for Rob Johnson but more about what i know of him.

He like myself has spent his life working the construction trades for a paycheck, not even the type to blink an eye at working very long hours without breaks.

Rob then started his own Prop comapny with help from freinds and their doing a pretty good little bussiness on the verge of becoming bigger and better soon.

Personally i like their products, Rob has always delivered on time nice products, he will even admit when he has a bad batch of something and give it to you free.

So as somebody chosen for this TV show Rob brings those great things to the table.

1. He knows construction and don't stop until it's done attitude!

2. He can build props

3. He's just freakin insane so his personality will fit very well into this t.v. show.

Like i said Rob abd I have only meet a few times, but i could relate to Rob very well because we both are from blue collar working class backgrounds, i envyed him for pulling off his prop bussiness like he did and possibly stepped out of the hard ass manual labor construction is.

I could most definetly see Rob doing what i do when i build, just keep going and going until your so beat you can't even pick up your tools at the end of the day!
                      So you leave them, go eat some food, take a nap in a chair real quick and when you wake up! "Hey my tools are still out,im going back to work!" and it starts all over again!

Comment

Ice

I dont think you can compare what Universal does with a haunt. They were built and staffed to handle thousands per day. This is not a fair comparison. Also Universal runs thousands of people per day. Every haunt has its limites. And if they dont know then they can jepordize their show. Money is good but run them through like cattle and the show sucks you want be in this industry long! Shane
                        sigpic

Comment

Universal vs a typical haunted house c'mon. Id like to see 32,000 PARK at ANY haunted house.

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                            Every haunt has its limites.
                            My house had limites once. Swarms of the little buggers. Had to call in pest control. Cost me an initial grand plus $200 a year to get rid of em'.
                            To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Death, were they Subterranean limites or Formosan limities? Them little dudes can eat a haunt in no time.

Comment

On the subject of "running customer cattle" throughg the houses - I have worked for several years at a place that won't stop selling tickets until 10 mins to midnight (we close at midnight) and expects everyone to get through before we can all go home. First of all - it sucks for the customer, how good could it possibly be running in a "conga" line through each scene, secondly it sucks for the actors - how can they set up scares and they end up beat at the end of the run. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea should be stood disemboweled with a rope and a krank and left for dead while the buzzards devour their still warm intestines, as they writhe in sweet agony, while I sit and watch with a diet pepsi and bag of chips, occassionally sticking a stick into their wounds.
                                Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Working...
                                X