Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Reality show to air late sept! America's Haunted House!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet this show neve happens and then we'll be re-debating this subject the other way around. The more I think about it the more I think this is just not possible. I mean who in the WORLD has time to give up 10 weeks of their life?

Who?

If you run a company, you have to ship orders lets say like you're saying Body Bagging is part of the show, how does he fill orders? NO WAY... This sounds more and more like an April Fools Joke if you ask me.

I think they are all pulling your chain. But if it is happening, I will say this I have NO IDEA how any of you EVER plan to open your haunts if you have one, build product for those who ordered it, or ever seen your kids, your family or anyone else. I'm sorry I don't buy it. However you started one hell of a debate though, and like I said if I'm wrong and you are doing this and it is real, then tell me how do you plan on filling orders, or getting your own haunt ready?

Doing something like this is a crushing blow to your own business if you are indeed doing it...so good luck if what you are saying is true but I doubt it the more I think about it.

I asked myself this question...if someone came up to me and said 'would you do this' would I, could I, ... NO I COULD NOT! Would it sound fun? YES! Could anyone that owns their own haunt or produces products for the industry do this no freakin way. I asked these guys give me a link to the site for the casting call and not one of them seemed to remember the URL. Ya right!

So my prediction anyway is this is a JOKE! I didn't believe this from the start because NOT one of them could tell me the URL for the casting page. Then actually one of them says... oh I think they took it down. LOL

I think you proved one thing for sure... that you can sure fire people up, and also some people can get really jealous of other peoples fortunes.

So again I have no facts to base my opinion on but I'm just reading all this fightin back and forth and saying to myself, can this really be happening? I say no.

But I've been wrong before.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

One other thing...

How did the subject of a reality show get turned into a giant long thread on thru put issues? I'm scratching my head I guess.

Nice topic wrong thread. I think thru put issues should be discussed but as I'm reading through all this stuff, I'm like we have like 99 different subjects going on here...what a riot! LOL

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Big Big Big News!!!

Larry cant tell it right now but its big news! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Universal?

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
          You can't run a haunt like that but once. Tell that to Halloween Horror Nights, they push through 32,000 people per night. It may not work for some but it works for them.
          Maybe they are maybe there not. I don't do there books..These people are going to universal studios not a haunted house. They would be the only one that could pull that off. Get real how many haunts have the grounds like a universal?

Comment

Maybe the entertainment expectations are not quite the same for the 32,000 who show up each night as compared to another haunt?
            What do they have about 5,000 employees to handle and entertain 32.000?
            I know, just one pathetic 12 yr. old kid with chit smeared on his face and a dark bowl of wet noodles? But boy! That kid has energy! (I used to be that kid!)

My first ever helper here once told a woman (years later) that one night with me selling all the tickets, leading all the tours up and down seven floors,5,000 sq. ft. resetting the house, talking non-stop while my helper sat in a chair in a dark room(that is all he did) that one busy night we put 12,500 people through this house!
            It must have been 12,500 people because admission here was only $2.00 and he told her that I had given him a paper bag of cash to hide for the night for me in his apartment til the bank opened and he told her there was $25,000.oo in that bag!?
            So I guess for 32,000 people they would only need about three employees?
            One guy might have to be sent home early.

I once said I heard that my confused former first-helper was like this because his Father had accidentally ran over part of his head with a tractor.
            The person I was talking to said, "Well he must have ran over both of them at the same time then because he has a twin brother who is just like that too!
            "OK, boys, lay down there together, lay real still, I'll drive slow so it won't hurt very much."
            "OK, DAD."
            "OK, DAD."
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think it is clear now... if their show was really happening you would have already seen a response by now. I think that says it all...

Either way I think if a show like that was to happen, it could be a fun show no doubt, however how you would work on this just prior to the Halloween season I don't know.

Furthmore I don't think SCI FI could get this edited in time to make the airwaves. They would want to shoot that show MONTHS prior so they could edit the thing. Everything just doesn't stack up if you ask me.

Maybe they are no longer saying anything because some of us are dead wrong and they are already out there, holed up in some house, already throwing latex on each other, or flinging air pistons out windows. LOL

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

It is a fair comparison, HHNs runs everyone through like a cattle call and they keep coming back year after year. Works for them it may not for you. I stand by my post.
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

People keep coming back to HHN because there is hardly any variety of haunts/halloween events here in Florida. People here don't know of anything better.

I went to HHN last year and I can assure you I will never be going again. The haunts there were some of the worst I have ever been to. The fact that they were putting people through in groups of 50 was a big factor in the quality of their show. But, had they made the groups smaller the lines probably would have been 3 hours a piece.
                  Jordan Renda
                  www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Wow, groups of 50. I go every year and the group never stopped, it was one long line through the haunts. That is why when we get to the enterance we stop, it takes ride and show ( I call them flash light Nazis) a sec to notice that the line has stopped. They tell me to go and then I walk slow untill the people in front of me are out of sight. So we space it out ourselfs. Also lots of people come from out of state , I think they keep coming back because of the bang for your buck. 8 haunts, the Bill & Ted show, scare zones and of course the rides like The Mummuy.
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Holy crap sorry larrry that I could not drop everything and run over here to cater to your wild desires and needs. But i will say this you can think what you want...youve already made it up in your head if the show is real or fake, so nothing i say is going to change your mind so why even bother
                      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Save it save it!!!!!!

Tater save the drama for the show! Maybe you can confront Larry on the show!!! Larry you really dont know what all is going on here! Guys the show is going places and I am sure I will add to it lol! Shane Insane Shane to some!
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay I give...

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                          Wow, groups of 50. I go every year and the group never stopped, it was one long line through the haunts. That is why when we get to the enterance we stop, it takes ride and show ( I call them flash light Nazis) a sec to notice that the line has stopped. They tell me to go and then I walk slow untill the people in front of me are out of sight. So we space it out ourselfs. Also lots of people come from out of state , I think they keep coming back because of the bang for your buck. 8 haunts, the Bill & Ted show, scare zones and of course the rides like The Mummuy.
                          OK you win... You keep going to this $69 event standing in line, going through a haunt with 50 plus people at at time and we will see who wins out. These huge events play out like a themed bar. Times are hard I would bet those 32,000 so called per night will go to hell in a hand basket this year and they will be letting people in for $20 bucks!
                          Wait and see....

Comment

$69.oo. Maybe the plain old "69" says it all?
                            "This sucks!" Well it's that "69"-thing you paid for, remember.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Tater,

I know the show isn't real, especially the second Shane got added to the show, and dropped a producers name that doesn't even exists on IMDB.

All producers are listed on IMDB...so no I don't believe there is a show.

I don't understand why you guys did this maybe you will explain later, but I still love all of you!

SHANE... as for me and you debating about how to do something on a show, you would lose buddy!!!! LOL

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Larry

Good God man I dont think you have dug deep enough! Larry you need to do a little more research before you judge! And on another note bring it on man bring it on! Shane and thats Insane Killer Shane to you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X