Top 13 List...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 13 List...

Okay look this over... did I miss anyone? Any other submissions? Did I miss one if so let me know. Do I have you in the wrong section? Let me know asap.

Larry

Best Haunted House
    The Darkness
    Creepyworld
    Netherworld
    Spookywoods
    Bates Motel
    Haunted Overload
    House of Torment
    House of Shock
    Woods of Terror
    Dead Acres
    Shocktoberfest
    Frightland
    The Asylum Haunted House
    Scarehouse
    USS Nightmare
    Chamber of the Mausoleum
    Haunted Hotel (Louisville)
    Erebus
    Cutting Edge
    Headless Horseman (Hayride)
    13th Gate
    Fright Kingdom
    Scream at the Beach
    Spookyworld
    Rock N R Ranch (Hayride)

Best Charity Haunt
    Trail of Terror
    Terror on the Fox
    Atrox Factory

Best Home Haunt
    Hell’s Gate
    Graveside Manor
    Turbidite Manor
    Farmers Mansion
    Rot Haunted House
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Raven's Grin Inn (Mount Carroll, IL)
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Did they post a video? I didn't catch that one. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

i think you got them all
        so what do we do now
        are you going to have others vote for them or are you going to choose the top
        also since only 5 home haunts were submitted what do you do

also i just wanted to thank you for putting this top 13 haunt togethor just to see my home haunt get nominated makes all the hard work seem worth it.

Nick
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

If these are in categories - What is a charity? I would say if you do not pay your actors it is a charity - Many Pro haunts donate $$$ and tickets - but they would not be charities.... I guess the question is, is the haunt a for profit venture? And if it is a for profit venture, actors should be paid.... Paid in a legal way not with pizza and tee shirts...

What sort of company the haunt is could also define what they are.

There are also lots of unusual ways actors get paid, as contract workers, lump sums, cash, etc. I guess official charities also pay certain people full salaries as well, that also confuses things.

I guess the haunts pretty much need to say what they are, because aside from the paying actors aspect and the public presentation how they are set up is pretty much unknown.

I can tell you what it is a lot of $$$ and organizational work to run 100+ actors a night and pay them with payroll checks by the hour!

Thanks!
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Yeah looks like they are all there Larry.
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

charities

Ok here you go I will try to explain this....
              Out haunt is a charity haunt and we are a 501-C3 charity which receives no goverment assistance.
              We do have multible charities that help us. We also have paid actors that are well compensated during October. Myself and the board can receive payment but choose not to because we all have great jobs and would rather see this money go the helping others and to continue the quest for the greatest haunt ever built...LOL
              I would rather be listed in the pro haunt catagory because I believe that we are deserving and at the least a top 5 attraction in the US.....
              A little cocky you bet I am...........
              I also think that any haunt must be gone through during October and judged for itself even to be listed at all on any top list...

Comment

It looks like you have them all except that Turbidite Manor isn't a home haunt. It's a pro haunt.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I agree with Slain

There is no question that these guys should be in the top 5 Hell the top 3 in my opinion hands down. I have had several email me and ask why Graystone did not submit. I like to keep people guessing as to whats behind the walls of Graystone Manor. Also even though I (myself) have been doing haunts for 20 years I am still pretty new to the "for profit haunt" And think I should not allow us to be judged with peope who have been doing it on the "professional" level for so long. Dont get me wrong Graystone has well over 300,000.00 invested but we wanna lay low and see Atrox and some of the other guys get their just recongnition. In time we will be glad to show the Haunt World just who we are. But as for now I say Good Job Guys! AND KEEP SCARING THE HELL OUT OF EVERYONE! Shane and thats Insane Shane to some!
                  sigpic

Comment

To Larry and The community:

Thank you for considering us, we are honored. Best of luck to all contenders

Dan and Jon

Comment

You forgot The Realm of Terror Haunted House...Best Haunt Category. Here is the video again:

Perhaps you somehow put it under home haunt? I see ROT haunted house listed there? Perhaps a bit of confusion?
                      Last edited by steve; 06-05-2008, 10:32 AM.
                      www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                      www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Right catergory wrong name

Larry its Farmers Cemetery not mansion

Thanks
                        MSG

Something in the Ice Productions

Comment

Top Haunts Voting

Larry, are people supposed to post their votes on this thread or are you going to set up a poll elsewhere?

Check out our video for Hauntworlds Top 13 Haunts Contest!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvAqN...eature=related
                          Last edited by REDRUM; 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM.
                          Tim Dunne
                          www.FrightKingdom.com
                          Proud Member of the HHA
                          www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

RedRum

Larry will not be voting because he has a couple of his haunts listed. I am the judge ( Shane) on this one. Its going to be hard for me to pick the best 13 and I am sure I will take a couple of dog cussings over it but I will try my best to do the best job I can. Good Luck To You All. Shane and thats Judge Shane in this case.
                            sigpic

Comment

If I missed one post the VIDEO HERE... and clearly state

DARKNESS HAUNTED HOUSE FOR BEST ATTRACTION OR

CREEPYWORLD BEST CHARITY HAUNT...

blah, blah.

I am now going to compile all the videos into one thread and ask everyone to watch them. Then we'll put up a survey.

And the voting will begin.

Since there is so many attractions, they will be grouped into categories of 5 or 6 haunts, in other words like 4 different groups of haunts competing against each other. The ones with the most votes will win. Do not vote for haunts you do not think should win.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X