Webcaster Gun Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcaster Gun Help

Anybody have any experience with a Webcaster Gun? A bit trickier then I thought it would be to get realistic results. Seems like air is all on or all off. Only the last 1/4 of the dial actually does anything. Normal or did I get a bumb one? Gonna put a flow control in line and leave knob full open to see if that helps. Haven't played w/ pressure yet. At 90psi per directions. Go from blowing chunks to nothing, the gun that is. Any tricks anybody can share? Thanks in advance.
    Scott Ames

Try adjusting the air pressure. it worked for us. You do have to play with it a little to see diffrent results. You can spray webbs a long ways or up close. We adjust the air pressure to get the results we like. If it is clumping up maybe the glue isnt getting hot enough??? Like all scenery techniques it takes practice to get the desired results. Try the air adjustment first then go to the gun heat if things dont get better. If it's still not working properly call the manufacturer and ask them for any ideas. Our first webgun had a bad heater and it didnt work properly so this could be your issue also. Just some things to try or think about. Greg
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Glue

Originally posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
      Try adjusting the air pressure. it worked for us. You do have to play with it a little to see diffrent results. You can spray webbs a long ways or up close. We adjust the air pressure to get the results we like. If it is clumping up maybe the glue isnt getting hot enough??? Like all scenery techniques it takes practice to get the desired results. Try the air adjustment first then go to the gun heat if things dont get better. If it's still not working properly call the manufacturer and ask them for any ideas. Our first webgun had a bad heater and it didnt work properly so this could be your issue also. Just some things to try or think about. Greg
      I agree with Greg. It sounds like the glue isn't getting hot enough. Possibly a result of trying to feed too much glue through too quickly. Also, using 3rd party or regular (general purpose) glue sticks may be a problem. I've heard this from others.

I have a similar web gun and 90 PSI seems a bit higher than what I've used. First, (without air on) I would make sure gun is producing liquid glue. Then, I would start with the valve off and slowly increase the flow. There's a balance between letting the glue melt and cooling it (and tip) with the air flow. The whole thing did take some experimentation. Looks much easier in video!!!

Comment

sounds to me like it's not getting hot enough either. I would get a more powerful gun from www.minionsweb.com . I own all their guns and they are all amazing depending on what and where I am working.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Also its in the arm movement to get it to look right. Sweeping back in forth left to right or up in down whichever way you want. If your too close move it back. And you can use powder to make them last longer. Goodluck. !
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks!

Appreciate all the tips. Here's what I found:

I was forcing too much glue too fast. So as stated by several, not hot enough. Not that the gun wasn't hot enough but I was going too fast and not allowing to fully heat and melt.

Rookie mistake. Thanks again.
            Scott Ames

Comment

I haven't used this product so I don't know, but I'm encouraged to hear it uses a glue. The last one I used looked great, but the webs were highly combustable and I didn't want to take the fire risk. Sometimes, haunt companies produce props that the fire marshall would test with a lighter and shut you down then and there! You can treat many props with fire retardent, but the spray won't work well on spider webs! But if you have a web gun that produces webs that will not burn, that would be a nice item indeed. Has anyone tested it with fire?
              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Originally posted by monsterwax View Post
                I haven't used this product so I don't know, but I'm encouraged to hear it uses a glue. The last one I used looked great, but the webs were highly combustable and I didn't want to take the fire risk. Sometimes, haunt companies produce props that the fire marshall would test with a lighter and shut you down then and there! You can treat many props with fire retardent, but the spray won't work well on spider webs! But if you have a web gun that produces webs that will not burn, that would be a nice item indeed. Has anyone tested it with fire?
                the only company I know of that makes fire proof glue sticks for cob webbing guns is Minion's Web. They will provide you with proof to provide to your fire marshall also. I personally used their glue and webber in 50 rooms of our haunted attraction.
                Brian Warner
                Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Fire Proof Cob Web Glue

Not all hot glue is the same, but most all Hot melt glue used for cob webbing will pass a fire marshalls vertical flame test, (purchased from a haunt vendor or a craft store- it doesn't matter).

The melting webs will simply extinguish the flame when applied. Check the MSDS sheet on the glue and it should read that glue won't ignite until it reaches in excess of 1000 degrees. Thats safem (and proof enough), for inspectors from CA to NY, as far as our clients have been telling us for over 10 years.
                  Michael J. Chaille
                  President
                  Ghost Ride Productions, INC.
                  425-452-0400
                  www.ghostride.com

Comment

Working...
                  X