Are you a Triangle or Square?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a Triangle or Square?

Does your Haunt use triangle grid or square grid? And why did you choose that option?
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

..a spinning verticle supernatural vortex with a randomly alternating axis.
    Yup! That's this place!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What grid?

I didn't see any grid....

Where is this so called grid you speak of?
      Steven
      Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Isn't the triagle grid made up of diamonds??????

The Triangle grid make the customer more confused at to where they are going considering you can twist it around a little more the the square grid. It also gets around those pesky dead spots the apper in halways in the square grid.
        Ben Fox
        Actor and Building Manager

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

Comment

...but those deadends are good for face to face confrontational meetings of a surprising nature! Live bodys or simply other things(like dead animals?)
          We all could tell if Ben has been backed into a diamond-shaped hidding place, his butt would be real pointy!
          (Pointier than usual!) Could be a "drip-point", a breakthrough in human genetic engineering, from now on, no toilet paper will be needed with a definate small, clean drip-point back there.
          ..like a fine tip Bic....Toilet seats could be microscopic.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The Tri-angular grid is very effective in a black maze area or interconnection of black areas between rooms for it does confuse people. However, making rooms within the grid system takes your audience "out of reality" normal rooms do not have multiple angle walls. The room does not look "real" so it becomes harder to scare them with that mindset.

Our job is to emerse then into "our world, our reality". Anything that distracts them even momenterially, snaps them back to their reality.

I use both. 90 degree walls in "real rooms", angular walls within intercoonnecting black passages, with a 90 degree black area now and then just to keep them on their toes!

How about you?
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The choice of which to use also has more to do with the location sometimes. For example it is easier to do square grid when the ceilings become less than 8 foot, there is a series of obsticals to deal with such as building columns or piping. A triangular grid alone requires an open space of some size to properly utilize and may limit the type of places you can set up when finding a location.

I like to mix and match anyhow. The same panels can be used any way you chose. There can be long straight sections as well as the highly abstract angled walls. It also helps to have different textures to the building of the cattle trail, like metal decking used as walls, chain link, cages, caves, mini facades of buildings, long lines of doors and huts which do not necessarily meet the triangular grid confine.

The triangular grid does make a statement for the abstract, scares are a bit less like he said but the customer does get that feeling of getting what they paid for and being different. Using both styles can also give an entirely different signature to two haunts in the same location. It is back to the two 2500 SF Haunts for $16 or one big 5,000 SF one for $10 argument.

As these modular systems can be used anyway, it might also be square this year and triangular the next to really keep the same customers guessing. If you don't change from year to year plan on moving from town to town.

It is cheaper to start out square then add triangular sections because triangle consumes more panels. Perhaps again a location thing, a small space can become large with the triangle but a large place needs to be square because you only have so many panels to fill the space.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Neither. Its all about the circle!
                Goblins, Ghoulies, Creatures and Frights, We summon you now, to dance through the night!
                -Madame Leota, Phantom manor

Comment

I try to build something that my guests can accept and believe in, and I try to avoid areas and ideas that blow that temporary suspention of disbelief. As a result, I tend to favor square designs.
                  "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I have always felt that anything I build or do here fits right in with what I am providing for entertainment and stimulation, it could be summed up by saying something like:"This guy who owns this house is totally wack-o-nutz!" So unusual displays and strange hallways and very different sort of experiences keep their minds alert and I have found the majority lose all sense of time while doing the house tour. Maybe it helps that they also lose their perspective concerning how high they are above or below ground!
                    Groups of architects would be touring the house(in town for classes 6 blocks away) and I would be told they would spend time debating one another as to where and how the passageways through the house operated and went. (kind of funny, aye?)
                    A very common thing for me to overhear is when they come walking out of the house, at night down a short ramp to the backyard, the nightsky is above them and they say, "We are in the basement now."
                    Then somebody else says, "Look up, Dummie, those look alot like stars!"
                    (Not many people have working skylights in their basements, I think?)
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

2 triangles makes a square .... so both :P

My maze is made via the Zen method. Walk and make it at the same time. Some rooms are triangle, some, square, some round, some who know's what shape. Hallways are rarely straight.

This seems to mess with people quite nicely.

May be a different story for '05
                      ~HauntedWebby~
                      www.lazarusmaze.com
                      www.bbqandghosts.com
                      "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

LMAO! I think we have the same guy Kel. Every now and then he will make a comment...but not much else.
                        ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                        ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                        ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                        ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Kelly, that inspector's 2x4 should be a hair less than 3 foot 6 inches or your haunt guru hasn't done their job.
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Yea i tried to make the triangle grid on paper but when i did i came up with 4ft by 4 ft by 4ft triangles. All with of course 60 degrees, i think i did something wrong but not quite sure?
                            Bill Rod.
                            Dark Tech Effects
                            Automated DMX Lighting
                            Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Working...
                            X