No announcement yet.

Is there ANY liability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There could have been negligence on the part of the baseball bat maker or the club for alowing a bat made of maple wood, which has a history of violently breaking into such pieces , although why major league ball doesn't just use aluminun bats has always made no sense to me.
    Or maybe the simple negligence of not having a protective netting in place, Duh?
    Maybe it all comes down to who has the biggest lawyer?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

To bad i can only afford lil lawyers...

Comment

The local dirt track here has everyone sign a waiver upon driving in, just like the drag strip 50 miles south of here . One or two have been killed at the dirt track with several very serious injuries but no lawsuits...
        If you decide to drive a dirt bike 60mph over an earthen ramp, I guess you have already made the decision to fall back to the ground and suffer whatever abuse mother nature and father gravity have planned for you?
        What makes me cringe is seeing these very small kids doing this.....
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Jim...that was...er...elightening.

Comment

I personally would be afraid to have a haunted house in my home without first checking with my home owners insurance or getting some insurance. But since it is in your home people won't treat it the same as a business. You could also make people sign a waiver or something along those lines.

But no matter what make sure you post some signs and warnings.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

No No No...

Don't do it! It's not worth it by any means...for every 10 appreciative scared people, you'd get 1 to 2 Azzz-holes causing disruption and mayhem, and 1 of those 2 people will likely get hurt by their own means, and sue YOU...not to mention the red tape in your jurisdiction which probably requires outrageous county fees, written plans, electrical inspections, evacuation documentation, fire-retardant coated props, fire code compliance....yikes...what a mess. Sorry to be a gloomy gus, but I've been there and done that...never again!!!

Comment

Working...
              X