Gah! I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah! I need help!

Alright guys i need some advice for my walk through haunted house in the front of my house and my garage. I tend to have garbage bags on the wall so on and such forth with creepy music. I intended to have popular horror film characters such as Jigsaw, Michael Myers, Freddy Kruger, And Stepeh Kings IT clown. Most of them would pop out at you. I have guys to play them all honestly pretty much all of us are over 6'5, any advice or tips?
    Thanks Its greatly appreciated
    -Dr. Giggles

I suggest ditch the idea of having all the different movie monsters and pick just one as the end scrare guy or ditch them all together and make up your own.

Come up with some story that ties the area inside your haunt together, maybe about how the guy who lived in the house admired movie monster X and was recetnly caught killing kids, and the bodies were found in the basement.

Of course tell them that it is ok they cops caught him and there is no way he could escape, and that they are lucky today they are teh first ones to look into that guys mind and see what he was doing to those kids.

Then of course he had escaped, maybe have a half dead cop in there saying something like "He escaped, you must get out of here."

Try to break the cliche of movie monster jumping out of the dark saying boo.
    while that will scare some people, they will not remeber the haunt as much as if it has a unique story and you terrorize them by using their mind instead of just jumping otu saying boo.
    www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Well i agree 100% with you my problem is, is that its not that long its like 60 summat feet. And i dont want to bore them with a story. Infact i really like the idea....see my house is kind of winding in the front and i intended to build walls with like garbage bags and stuff and have them look in on the windows to see certain things...the first window can be him watching i dunnoo...Halloween with Michael Myers, then the next one can him killing kids then the last one they have to get thru michael myers to reach the candy...well now it seems kind of dumb now that i have it down. What do you think?((I always have candy because i used to here kids whining about how they went thru it all and there wasnt even kandy at the end and yadda yadda yah so i jsut gave it to em cause they are irritating!))

Comment

hmmmm...
        first the candy situation, I have candy at the exit of mine, but most kids do not get any they run past screaming and forget to get candy. hahahaha

Just looking into the window is going to give the kids too much of a "saftey blanket" Maybe use the look into the windows as a red herring to distract them from what is lurking in the darkness about to scare them from behind to help move them along.

If you have any trees or poles you can use string (PVC pipe to prop up in the sag spots) and sheets of 2mil black plastic to make your own quick and easy haunted area in your yard to give you more area/darkness.

Walk along through the area you want to set up in and think about prop placement, actor placement, scare directions, and it will quickly fall into place what you can do.

Comment

Yeah see i origionally had the idea i would have someone pop out of the corner which is right across from the window, but that was in my origional plan which got shot down rather fast. Apparently my haunt needs to tell a story which doesnt seem to make much sense to me personally because i feel as long as they are scared silly it doesnt matter if its jump out and boo or a long story line.

Comment

A haunt does not NEED a story, but it is the haunts with a background that sticks with someone for years. Being scared sticks with them for a short time, but when it is tied with a story the brain remembers the story and the scare mixed together.

This is what causes people to have problems throughout their life because they recall a story about X and then peeing themselves in fear.

It does not have to be long and complicated, just a little something that tries to tie the scare areas together... still jumping out can be there, but if you can have a story try to add it...

The haunted houses that I recall are the ones that had a background story, I have been through a lot, and only those that had a personality stuck.

So to bring life to the dead add a reason why they are there.

Does that make sense?

Comment

It actually makes perfect sense. THe memory will remember the story and thus remember the horrible scare that came with it...but see im in clairemont san diego, the cleanest neighborhood in the whole city. I cant think of many interesting things in here because there are NO killings or roberys or really anything....Oh wait nevermind, an old man died on my street the other day...hmmm alright i think i have a good idea. Thanks for your input everybody, it really helped!
              -Dr. Giggles

Comment

You're welcome, and happy haunting...

Good luck coming up with an angel for the haunted house... the good thing is the more absured the better... heck the killer could live in your house, and the "cops" just caught him. blah blah blah... Old Man Jenkins was his first of many victims... hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                X