plastic bag bald cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic bag bald cap

have any of you used a plastic bag in replace of using/buying a latex bald cap? did it work out for you? pros? cons?

I've seen my wife and one of our other make-up people use them. I think they are a little tricker to apply, but if you learn the trick then you are good to go. Also, I think it depends on the application.
    I've seen it demonstrated in one of Geoff Beck's videos if you are looking for a how-to on it.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

yeah i have the video. in seems that it turned out pretty good. one just has to eliminate the exta material that gathers in the back of the head.

Comment

I've found it actuallu easier to use than a bald cap, it just doesn;t fit as snug but can have a great texture effect. I've also used saranwrap, which worked pretty good when tacked down with latex.
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I prefer to just use a bald guy!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I think the plastic bag works rather well, especially on people with really long hair. Its easier to get all the hair into the bag, rather than try to get it into a bald cap.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

does the bag tear easily?

Comment

Jason - tearing isn't really an issue if you use a good bag, like a heavier plastic - not the "cheaper" ones
                Rob - i prefer bald men too lol
                Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

http://www.michaeldavy.com/

Click on "products" then "watermelon products" and scroll down until you see the bald cap.

Watermelon products rock - for the bald cap (reusable) there is a picture tutorial on the site at the product listing.
                  Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                  The White Star Farm
                  "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Plastic cap bald caps are the greatest, much better than plastic bags.

Comment

Working...
                    X