Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm

Larry,

If a foilage company comes to a tradeshow......will they sell wholesale or retail?
    Since haunts are an end user....a consumer...they should pay retail pricing

Now why would a manufacturer bring their product to a show where they would have to sell wholesale to us? Do you resell the plants? NO you don't deserve to get wholesale prices.......Does that make things clearer? or is this going to get deleted too?
    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Ken,

Whenever you go to IAAPA and say talk to Autograph Foilage you simply tell them you are a end user and you get like 30 or 40% off. If you look at their price sheets it will tell you the discounts... I don't have to do anything special to get any discounts with this company you just tell them.

Autograph Foilage is the best company I've ever seen for vines, fake grass you name it... they have everything and what haunter doesn't want that stuff?

I have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from this company and they give me all kinds of discounts everytime I order... sometimes they are trying to get rid of stuff and will give you even deeper discounts.

The only people who sell at retail prices are people who re-sell not the actual supplier. When I go to IAAPA I have never had anyone tell me 'you have to pay retail'. Never.

No one would be coming to a haunt only show saying you have pay retail again unless they are a re-seller of the product. We're talking about bringing the supplier to the show not re-sellers.

Ken if you want to buy from the acutal supplier of vines and fake foilage you need to go to IAAPA, or we ned to bring IAAPA vendors to YOU! See my point?

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ken,

After reading your post again, it almost seems like you want everyone to pay retail, but they sell WHOLESALE to anyone you just ask them. Why would ANYONE want to pay retail prices... LOL

If you want to buy from them, you can get up to 40% off they will give you the discounts. I think I have got 50% off many times on closeout items.

Do you want their information? Here ya go...

http://www.autographfoliages.com/

Request a catalog, tell them you saw them you are a supplier, builder or whatever. They don't argue they just give you the discount, they will give the discount to just about anyone.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Don't need

I don't need a foilage company Larry.
          I am trying to make a point.
          You know i needed a bad thing in my life to make me slow down and think.

Now......I buy foilage from local people in my town.
          It is a huge green house.....I walk in 2 times a year and buy out all their crap.
          We have over $15000 in plants vines and greens for 25% of the normal cost when we built our swamp.

No Larry I don't want to pay retail.
          I don't pay retail. We have a store and sell stuff in our store.

The whole issue about retail and wholesale is because of the TW show.
          Now absorb this and think for a minute before you type again.

Lets use Rubies for our example shall we?
          Rubies manufactures costumes and such for sale to stores......on a wholesale basis. Now should John haunted house be able to get the wholesale price?
          NO
          Should Walmart who buys a bunch then resells it?
          YES

same goes with the foilage we keep talking about.
          The wholesale price is set up for people to RESELL the product.
          You are jumping the system and this is what caused all the BS at TW

AM I WRONG?

If you want to make ANOTHER show...........then do it.
          I don't care.....but it will screw up the other shows that have a good thing going.
          I personally talked to Jennifer at MHC and scratched my head and still can't figure out what their plan is for 2009.

Comment

But if a company doesn't care and wants to sell you at wholesale price even though they know you aren't going to resell it then what is the problem?
            Jared Layman

Comment

But even at wholesale, the supplier stills makes money... So... why would they care even a little what happens to product after the sale? -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The bottom line is it is not solely about just a foliage company it's about a bigger picture, it is about everything we don't see at a tradeshow now not specifically one company.

Most haunts sell food or have a concession stands, but at our haunt shows we see not vendors for this end of our business. Why? Well no one has tried to do it because Transworld who wants to represent us haven't put money into our industry.

I can understand that as well...they run a retail show, and they do put money into that show, because that is the industry that pays their bills. We just kind of came along at some point and just well showed up.

It is time for us to step out on our own and make our industry what we want it to be!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Wholesalers dont just Aim for "resellers." For the most part, yes probley BUT... Really they are selling to other companies too. Dont matter if they are selling that product or using it for a display. We might not be selling trees, but we are using them as displays for was we are selling, entertainment. For the most part from what I see wholesellers dont care if they sell to haunts, you just have to meet the min amount just like walmart and the big stores. What they dont want to sell is to the consumer who only wants one peice.
                  Sean De Wane
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  The De Wane Asylum
                  www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Hmmm

Gee I asked a simple question.....

How many vendors tw vs mhc

Since i was at both shows.....I can answer myself now

MHC had more vendors

Larry.....# of booths mean nothing
                    A vendor who usually buys 10 booths at TW
                    will only by 2 at MHC......

Still only 1 vendor but the booth count dropped

So when you post please talk apples to apples

Folks.......the people have been complaining about the haunted house section at TW for 5 years now....

Comment

Hey Ken,

Why don't you ask the vendors which show made them more money. Enough said! This is a business, and vendors need to make money, that is how they pay their bills, as you pay your bills from your job or your haunt or whatever.

MHC did not have more vendors than TW but if you think they did great, but who cares. What matters is writing orders. Why don't you go call all those vendors, do a poll and get back to me and tell me what you find out.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

hmm

The Tw haunt section had less vendors than the MHC convention.

Would you like to argue some more?
                        After you have asked me to stop?
                        I don't think....I know

enough already

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          Hey Ken,

Why don't you ask the vendors which show made them more money. Enough said! This is a business, and vendors need to make money, that is how they pay their bills, as you pay your bills from your job or your haunt or whatever.

MHC did not have more vendors than TW but if you think they did great, but who cares. What matters is writing orders. Why don't you go call all those vendors, do a poll and get back to me and tell me what you find out.

Larry

I'm sure vendors did better at TW- BUT, Do you think if MHC was prior to Transworld it might change things a little?

Comment

A few points:

In my opinion, MHC had more pure haunt related vendors than Transworld. I counted them. Not more vendors but those selling traditional haunt merchandise.

As I mentioned in the other thread, many vendors have told me that MHC is the most profitable show for them. Writing orders does not always equate to profit.

Now, a serious question for Larry. Using your foliage vendor example, do you think they would write enough business to make them return the following year? There are a number of other types of vendors I could go after for MHC (I certainly have the space) but my concern is whether they would do enough business to make it worthwhile. The goal is not to get a bunch of vendors for one year, it is to grow a show as we have done with MHC.

Comment

WHEN a show is in the year makes a difference to me. We now make MOST of our major haunt equipment style purchases in November/December. We make the rest at the Transworld show. We are always LOOKING of course, and may pick up some smaller items at Hauntcon and MHC, but it is just too late for big stuff. Of course we might buy from a vendor we saw at Hauntcon or MHC the FOLLOWING year.

We have found it is just too risky and down to the wire to buy big complex items in the summer and to hope that they will come before we open. All of you who have had a big empty hole in your show in late August early September know what I mean.

I like these regional shows because they sometimes turn up smaller vendors we might not have otherwise seen, guys with some cool item or concept that is the icing on the cake. Cash and carry is good! Not so good when you fly however.

We will go where the vendors go - early is better! It would also be nice to see new smaller vendors early as well, but I guess that factors into booth availability.

MHC was a blast - we had 13 people there, and we acted, toured places, had fun at the party etc. It was a good time! No downside really, just we were pretty much done buying, thats all.

Thanks!

Ben
                              NETHERWORLD
                              Ben Armstrong
                              NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                              www.Fearworld.com
                              www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

This is what I was alluding to. The earlier show is going to get the most orders regardless. I'm worried about getting stuff I ordered from TW in time -never mind ordering something in June. I'm sure most knowledgeable buyers are the same way

Also, I am willing to bet vendors got orders at MHC they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I know I took advantage of some cash and carry. I'm not saying I wouldn't have spent the money, but it probably wouldn't have been with that particular vendor

Comment

Working...
                                X