Just wondering......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering......

Barry.........how many vendors do you have that have signed up for MHC this weekend?

I just remember a thread that says we need a buyers show.
    If I am judging this right.......you have maybe more vendors than the actual haunt section at TW?

SOOOOO in theory....if TW splits the haunt show from the party side......
    MHC would be a bigger show?
    MHC would have more seminars?
    MHC would be a place that haunters can be .... well haunters
    Gee could it get any better than this?

I count 84 on the vendor list, minus celebrities, and chairities, that leaves 81 vendors.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

How many haunt vendors were at TW in Vegas?
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I agree, MWH is going to be THE haunt convention to go to. Transworld had a good thing but has decided they are not really interested in the haunt industry. Barry and his crew have put together a hell of a convention and are poised to take that next step. MHC has everything a haunt convention should have great seminars, a zillion vendors, haunt tours and a chance to socialize. As Larry has said, "we do not need another convention", so lets put our love & support to Columbus and Hauntcon!
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

That "Next Step" is always the tricky one, the one bio-documentaries never quite show us or explain.
          How did a guy go from having one successful restaurant to having three to having 600?
          But when will your convention begin selling fried chicken, Barry?
          Top secret recipe he took to the grave with him, but we dug him up!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ken,

Just FYI... Transworlds show last year was about 600,000 square feet. Additionally, there where about 150 booths inside the Haunt only section, and at least another 150 other haunt related vendors outside the haunt section. All told I'd say there was about 250 or so booths related to haunts at Transworld Vegas.

However, let me say if a Haunt only show was to happen I would peg the number of vendors that would attend to about 500 booths. There are a great many vendors who do not exhibit at shows for our industry because...

THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE VALUE OF OUR INDUSTRY!

That could all change! Someone in this industry has datatbases that are equaled by no one including Transworld, and someone could help make sure this industry had a show that included every section of the amusement industry that could or should relate to the haunt buyer, then the industry would grow faster.

Remember the goal here isn't to always dip your hands in latex, or build wall panels for the rest of your life. The goal is to actually grow as an industry, grow the age groups who will attend our industries attractions, to expand our reach our markets, so how do you do that?

Do we do that ALL working against each other and acting like idiots who love to fight with each other or do we work together for a common goal? It takes ALL haunts working together on the same page to accomplish great things. I see that day finally coming!

In order to dream big, you have to see the bigger picture!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

"That could all change! Someone in this industry has datatbases that are equaled by no one including Transworld, and someone could help make sure this industry had a show that included every section of the amusement industry that could or should relate to the haunt buyer, then the industry would grow faster."

ie: substitute the "someones" in the above quote and plug in "I, Larry K". Comeone Larry, enough with the foreplay. Give it up!!, you know you wanna.... Gosh, reminds me of prom night!! lol
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Dirk,

Funny line about Prom Night!!! LOL

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

haunt industry

For us before any IAHA or groups of people or associations telling haunters how they need to do things there was just a bunch of haunters scary people making a bit of money (maybe even giving some away) but not to long ago it was just us.
                  What of Scarefactory's TV haunt show or Transworld's Halloween show or Barry's Midwest Haunt Convention.. How can that change the industry?
                  Will my attendance increase (NO) will the general public or average Joe even be aware of any convention or show (NO). So what is in it for the average haunter?

Comment

Paul,

When people come together in one place, you must have the best opportunities for those people to learn, communicate, educate, and be exposed to services, opportunities or products they never knew they needed, wanted or existed. I'm sorry to say but most haunters still do not get the professional respect they have earned or deserve like other professional industries.

Do you get six figures in sponsorship, does our industry get its fair due on national exposure, do we know enough to launch group sales efforts, are their ways on line to make more money for your attraction or grow your brand?

Yes to everything.

In order to pull all of that off in one place takes the best of the best, the whole industry, everyone on the same page, and 110% focus on you, your business, your industry, and your FUTURE!

There is a better future if you just reach out and grab it!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Larry,

For the most part all haunt related companies already show at the conventions. Going out and getting a bunch of fringe companies or entertainment based companies who do no Halloween but "could for the right price" isn't what we need, IAAPA can do that. There are only so many true haunt companies. I know the foam carving people can make characters for us but charging 10 grand a piece will not help this industry they are used to high dollar accounts where most haunters will not shell out that kind of cash for a foam piece...For 500 booths, there will be 300 booths of non Halloween based companies who whipped up a few related pieces to show at the show but have no vested interest in this industry...

Darkangel

Comment

Hard to explain but I do not agree with you I can assure you, and it is only because you don't understand what I mean. It is probably my fault because I would need to be MORE clear. But what you do want is to go to one place not six places to see EVERYTHING a haunter might want or need.

Tell me why is it that no haunt show has EVEN ONE concession vendor, food supplier, or foliage supplier, or people who offer services to help you complete on a level you'd see within an amusement park. We are NO different than an amusement park, we're just smaller, but that doesn't mean those types of vendors do not want to sell to us.

We need them to know we are here...

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Yes to everything

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          Paul,

When people come together in one place, you must have the best opportunities for those people to learn, communicate, educate, and be exposed to services, opportunities or products they never knew they needed, wanted or existed. I'm sorry to say but most haunters still do not get the professional respect they have earned or deserve like other professional industries.

Do you get six figures in sponsorship, does our industry get its fair due on national exposure, do we know enough to launch group sales efforts, are their ways on line to make more money for your attraction or grow your brand?

Yes to everything.

In order to pull all of that off in one place takes the best of the best, the whole industry, everyone on the same page, and 110% focus on you, your business, your industry, and your FUTURE!

There is a better future if you just reach out and grab it!

Larry
                          Larry. In the past few years we have had Budweiser, Southern Link, Pepsi and so many others wanting to sponsor our event. I've been down that road before and I must say I would rather not put on an event if I had to answer to a sponsor.
                          Like I said it would be nice to put someones name on our place for six figures but for us that takes away from the ownership that we worked hard for. We have some so called competition up the road a bit that has just those corporate settings that does a whole lot less volume in patrons that we do and frankly the event itself I'm told really sucks.
                          So without those big dollars we still have survived where the others have not.
                          I would imagine if we sold out to a corporate sponsor we'd be like all the rest. I don't see that driving any more dollars to the bank...All I see is headaches that I would rather not have...LIke I've said in the past our group already has great jobs and we do this for the love of the industry not to line our pockets. That's what seperates us from most of the other big buisness haunts.....

Comment

Everyone keeps saying that MHC should be the tradeshow of our industry so does that mean MHC would be willing to move to a FEB/MAR time frame or stay in Jun/Jul? It is hard enough getting stuff on time now imagine if ALL of us were placing our orders in Jun/Jul. Personally I don't care what show it is, where it is, who is running it, or what extracuricular activities are there as long as all the vendors we are used to buying from are there (plus some new ones) and the show is in a Feb/Mar timeframe to allow us the best chance to buy our products and receive them in a timely fashion.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

Jared,

Being "THE" buyer seller show takes a lot of investment to find buyers, it also takes a full time sales staff, and much more. Right now MHC is doing great doing what they do...why should they change anything.

You have a buyer seller show in March and then MHC in June. Sounds about the same time I print magazines...

I guess that would leave Hauntcon out in the cold, but that show is probably going down anyway. Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X