Oh boy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy....

Alright iv decided to ditch the typical serial movie killer idea for my haunted house, so no michael myers no anything....so now i need some help coming up with ideas on what i should theme it as. Any help would be appreciated guys
    Thanks
    -Dr. Giggles

-Real serial killer's lair
    -Mad Doctor's lair
    -Asylum
    -Carnival
    -Tomb of Tortured Ghosts
    -Zombie Outbreak
    -Time Warp yeeeeaaah
    -Toxic Waste Storage
    -Haunted Caves
    -Mad Butcher's Home
    -Fun House of Terror
    -Hillbilly Hell
    -Freak Family Residence
    -Cult Worshipping Residence
    -House what eats people
    -Rotting Zoo

To name a few...
    Last edited by Smiley; 06-10-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

nice ideas!

ive got to say though you said you use garbage bags for the walls if i remember right
      i would definetly use some thick blackplastic sheeting at the least.
      This way it can be stronger and can be put up earlier and you can decorate more before its time for people to go through it
      That way you will have an overall better looking haunt

depending on where its at and how much money you have and just the fact that your starting your plans now shows that you want this to be a really cool haunt i would consider plywood walls. A LOT can be done with plywood walls and you dont need to buy new ones like buying new plastic everyyear
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I know but i have such a depressing budget its not even funny...300 dollars, so im sticking with a lot of the props i saved from last year with a few more aditions. See last year my haunt was thrown together at the last minute, and it was decent. It definitly got a few scares but it wasnt what i had imagined it so this year im trying to go all...or as all out as i can go with 300 dollars.So plywood is really expensive and sadly i think its out of the question here And i cant get any at a local lumber yard, i already asked. I got thrown out with a guy behind me saying they dont do charity work. They were for lack of better phraseology jerks.
        And thanks for the advice on the blackplastic sheeting.
        Yours
        -Dr. Giggles
        Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 06-11-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

If you need cool skeletons on the cheap get the ones from big lots, they are like $10 or $15 bucks, then get a can of Great Stuff and spray it on them. This will create a bubble like "flesh" then spray paint them a high gloss red, then dust over with a flat black. Now you have burnt bodies that look great, from cheap plastic.

They are fun and easy to make, and if you can hang them up and make people walk through them ahahahhaha for some reason kids freak out seeing "other kids" burnt to a crisp
          www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Alright thats a great idea, thanks very much OgeXam. And i dont know what those kids problems are? Walking through their burnt frineds shouldnt be THAT bad

Comment

Check out prices on some foam insulation for walls. Maybe you can get a few at least and carve them to spice things up a bit. A 4x8 sheet is usually about $8-$10and can be made to look like brick, stone, wood, etc. I you lived anywhere near Champlain NY I could get you as many pallets as you could ever want. Those make decent walls. Good luck with your haunting and keep us posted.
              J

Comment

Foam insulation>? Is it very suseptible to wind?
                But thanks for input its greatly appreciated.
                -Zackary J ((Dr. Giggles))

Comment

I think the foam sheets would be sturdy as long as they had full length support on both sides. Another possiblity is to use foam sheets to create entryways for your plastic halls. Check out the "Darkness Under Construction" post in the Fright Forum for some pics of foam sheeting arches and entries. The plus for these is that they should be reusable. Good luck.

Comment

Alright thats a good idea using them for the entrance, because i could mold them into some cool things. Hahaha. Alright thanks very much.
                    -Zackary J ((Dr. Giggles))

Comment

If there are any local companies in your area that make vinyl covers, seating, RV accessories, they always have tons of scrap vinyl, usually flame retardant. I was able to make all my walls out of this material. 5 2x4's and a sheet of vinyl and I had a 8 foot long, 6.5 foot high wall section.

Comment

Working...
                      X