• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex B. Hamilton invites you to the 2008 MHC

Rex B. Hamilton invites you to the 2008 Midwest Haunters Convention

June 12, 2008

Greetings, Fellow Haunters:

If you walk through the entrance of the vendor display area this coming Saturday morning, you’ll meet me. And I look forward to meeting you, too. I will be the official greeter at the Midwest Haunters Convention from the opening bell on Saturday until lunch time. Since the admission to the vendor area is still free to everyone, I hope to meet a large and festive crowd.

Being the official greeter is a big deal for me. I get to be the public face of the convention. So make sure that you search me out in case you have questions about where to go and whom to speak to. I will spend all day Friday on the vendor floor, helping vendors set up their booths and doing all sorts of gofer things for co-producer Barry Schieferstein, the grand poobah of the vendor area. So I should have a good feel of where everything and everyone is, come Saturday morning. Hit me up.

The Midwest Haunters Convention returns to the Columbus Convention Center this year, the largest convention venue in our state’s capital. The 2006 show took place in the Hyatt Regency, the hotel that is glued onto the convention center. This year the show has grown to the point where the hotel’s ballrooms are no longer big enough. My legion of spies tells me that MHC has signed up more than 80 vendors; a new record.

I am also informed that more than 1200 convention guests have booked rooms at the adjoining Hyatt hotel. What I have experienced in the past as the Saturday greeter is that there are many folks who get up at the crack of dawn, pile into the car and drive to Columbus to gawk at the vendor booths. I’ve seen plenty of people from Indiana, Illinois, PA, WV, KY, WI, TN and that one oddball state that likes to think that they are better than us, Michigan. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. It is a stone-chissled fact that the Great Lakes State has some alluring haunts.

My Scab 5 comrades (Jeff “Samhain” Glatzer, Beth “Ananda Hexen” Miller, Geoff “Arachnid” Beck and Roger “Ichabod” Miller) and I will make a special appearance at the Friday night party.

There will be a long bus tour on Thursday to haunts in the Cincinnati area. A big costume blowout is planned for Saturday night. There is an auction late on Sunday morning. Somewhere in between is the Monster Make-Up War, probably late on Saturday afternoon.

What might tip you over the edge to come to Ohio this weekend is this: On Friday night there will be a party at the new home of Scarefactory. What I’ve been told is that in their new location, they have a showroom that displays a working example of everything they sell. What a splendid opportunity for haunters to see every product that a bastion of our industry produces.

There is so much more I could tell you about this coming weekend in Columbus. But, alas, you have no choice but to experience things yourself.

I’m not going to take a lot of photographs. I won’t be blogging the convention, either. I will be there to have fun - nothing more. Nothing less.

I hope you join me.

Very truly yours,

Rex B. Hamilton

13939 Clifton Boulevard
    Lakewood, OH 44107-1462
    216.973.0050 (cell)
    EvilLordZargon@msn.com
Working...
X