Clear All

hahaha wtf??
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

sheldon p bitchmagnet

HAHA!!!!! sheldon p. bitchmagnet....yes he is crazy...and funny as heck...thoroughly entertaining...he crosses boundries that ought not be crossed i agree, but that is why he is one of the best...i love the dude, and can honestly say i can watch him for hours endlessly 'playing ' in traffic....and i wouldnt worry about people thinking he is in your group....lol...we are talking about columbus, a metropolitan area where nose picking handicapped people run a muck through traffic every day....i know...i have seen it happen, and it wasnt sheldon...lol...laters

maddi ~
      WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
      440-392-2666

Comment

Originally posted by actiondeath View Post
        I agree, his act would cause a desirable (insert debate here) reaction in a haunt... Just not in the middle of High street. Especially not when people from the city might think he's part of our organization. We would like to continue having these walks.

Whatever, I'm not ranting. He may have just misunderstood what we were doing. He wasn't at the park when we started, so he didn't hear the "don't disrupt traffic" speech. Doesn't change the fact that hooking your feet on the back of a moving vehicle and repeatedly crossing 4 lanes of mid-afternoon traffic in a wheelchair is stupid, unsafe, and disrespectful.
        Well, if you aren’t ranting, you could have fooled me! Looks like you just won’t drop the topic. LOL.

Is what he did stupid? Maybe
        Is what he did unsafe? Perhaps, but that is HIS problem, IF he were to get hurt.
        Is it disrespectful? No. How could it even be interpreted that way? It’s not like he had a “I officially represent MHC and the Zombie Walk” sign on his back. LOL. Actually, I found the whole thing entertaining and so did everyone else I saw witnessing his antics. I have seen this guy perform before and he always gets a positive reaction from the crowd.

I think you might need to lighten up a bit and stop taking things so seriously.
        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

I thought haunting was all about scaing people, not acting like a clown in a wheelchair? The event ActionDeath was a part of sounded like a good event for a good cause and maybe Sheldon just didn't get it? His act does not look entertaining to me either, and looks like a sure fire way to cause you and your event more problems and negative opinions by your guest....

Darkangel

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Illinois View Post
            Well, if you aren’t ranting, you could have fooled me! Looks like you just won’t drop the topic. LOL.
            Originally posted by Haunted Illinois View Post
            I think you might need to lighten up a bit and stop taking things so seriously.
            Wow... Once again I forget what board I'm in and who I'm trying to make a point to. At risk of being called names and told that I'm obsessed because I have an opinion, I will say one last thing on the matter:

There is NO question that it was unsafe. No 'maybe', no 'perhaps'. I understand if you know the guy you wanna defend him but really.... To pretend that under any circumstances this might be a good idea or a smart thing to do is just silly. Give me a break!

As far as it being disrespectful, you could tell by the reactions of the people who almost hit him that they were not amused at all. Why would they feel disrespected? I dunno, maybe they were in a hurry and some asshat was causing them to slam their brakes repeatedly? Also, there were children around. Would you want your kids to see some joker out in traffic getting a 'positive' reaction out of people? I wouldn't.

Wasn't putting down his character or ability to get a reaction. Just flippin' him the bird for jeopardizing something I work very hard for.
            To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

i dont think haunting is just about scaring people...it is about pulling and emotional response...entertaining...besides arent there funny parts in every horror movie...besides, his character isnt about scaring people...just entertaining the masses...

if they had put him on TV i guarantee people would watch the hell out of it...so what a few people had to slam on their brakes...thats what they put them in cars for...lol...seriously...though...take some time and watch his act in a total different light, and i am sure you will really respect his work much more...lol

some might be able to argue that doin a zombie walk is disrespectful...is it? heck no...it is just giving people something to look at and i am sure it is great for the performers as well....

with al that being said....can we get back to all being friends...and talk about a great weekend, being around great people, getting great products, attending awesome seminars, partying in excess, and just having a grand ol time...lol...later all

maddi ~
              WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
              440-392-2666

Comment

I see your point, but I doubt too many people would enjoy seeing that guy on TV, certain people yes but not the masses. It's just not funny I'm surprised some of you think it is....People would not be happy about seeing a guy make light of mentally retarded people, and those in wheelchairs, that's not at all funny!

Darkangel

Comment

This is something I have experienced myself and with my actors before, and it is also a special risk for zombie walk events -

When people come to your event they KNOW what is going on, They KNOW crazy things might happen. But when you do a promotion in a public place, there are lots of people who have NO idea what is happening. Lots of them would never come to a haunt, some are terrified some are disgusted, some are violent.

We did a Zombie attack at a fashion show at a mall (To promote the new Dawn of The Dead movie) and it had an exteme effect! We entered the dark movie theatre at the credits and scared the $%^& ot of people! Some of them were throwing punches, they had no idea what was happening!

We were also banned from the St Pattys parade because we went after the crowds and scared the children, they said.

I love extreme acting and characters but as a haunt owner and event orgainizer I know the goal is to scare and entertain my guests and promote my show. As a haunt actor I have to reign back and realize it is not about ME pushing someone to the edge, it is about the success of the event and the guests having a good experience.

Sometimes actors forget everything and go too hard core...its a great thing but a razors edge to ride.

Do your guests have a great time if you don't let up until they lose bladder or bowel control or are you just doing it for your own kicks? I know we all love this stuff internally , but I think its promotion degrades our industry.

Hey at your own events do what you do. YOUR guests know you and they want the show YOU bring. But when you go out in public you gotta be REAL careful, something really bad can happen, and you need to answer the question:

"Do these people really want this form of vile entertainment unexpectedly, or am I just subjecting innocent people to this for my own kicks?"

If someone gets hurt, if someone gets arrested, if some child is freaked out for years, if someone pulls a gun, was it worth it?

If they come to the Haunt it is game on, but in public be careful!

IMHO

Thanks!
                  Ben Armstrong
                  NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                  www.Fearworld.com
                  www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Hmmm

Oh my.....sure I will add my 2 cents.

Dear upset haunters.............

Um Sheldon didn't look like a zombie to me.
                    He looked like the typical street bum we saw begging us for money on every corner in Columbus.....with blood coming out of his nose in a wheelchair.

Ben.....yes I agree ... game on when people go to a haunt.
                    We also know a FEW haunts...not mentioning names that DO STUPID things before they open and actually hit and push customers including kids.
                    Oh but i will leave that alone.

Now back to Sheldon.....really can't believe that someone who has a suicide as part of their haunt would have an issue with a bloody nosed bugger picker.

Sheldon has blasted out infront of semis going 30 miles an hour down our street.
                    2 years ago he signed a waver for our insurance company......he is what he is.

HOW MANY OF YOU PEOPLE LAUGHED AT HIM IN CHICAGO?????
                    Most of you tried to hire him for the season.....
                    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Damn Retards

first lets say..MHC was a blast.....

as for the wheelchaired retard...

at the mis scary pagent ...discustingly great

in the middle of high street...ignorant..and disrespectful to MHC and the Zombie walk...

no one would be standing up for anybody had it caused an accident or hit the news....

Congrats to all of the organizers of MHC and the Zombie walk...

thanks for the good time
                      in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I agree with Ben

there is a place and time for something like this, and out in the public wasn't the place for it.

Comment

I saw Sheldon at Chicago and I found his act to be nothing more than immature grade school antics, hardly worth the effort.

Comment

Zombie Walk: I was one of the many that was taken by surprise by the zombie walk coming through the convention. It was surreal and wonderful, but I'm glad someone in the crowd knew what was going on because, honestly, I just wasn't sure if this was an actor workshop sort of thing. *laugh* Having that many zombies walk the aisle was pretty interesting for all involved, I think. (Hearing the zombies, some of which seemed equally confused, were saying things like, "Oooo, that's cool! Um..brraaaaaaaaains!" hehehe)

Kudos to the organizers and participants!

Sheldon: I echo Ben's sentiments - the last thing I want is for actors to go out of the haunt and actively participate in dangerous behavior around traffic.

From watching him at the show, I think he has excellent control of his wheelchair, and from what I've read here, it sounds like he takes the potential risk of what he's doing seriously.

Is he disrespectful, action-wise? I do not think he was showing disrespect to MHC or the zombie walk.

As far as his character goes: His is an extreme character, just as are the killer klownz, escaped mental patients, etc. Might not work for your haunt or your comfort level, and the discussion about that is useful and good. But I think most of us have something - a prop, a character, a room theme - that someone else could say, "Oh, that's inappropriate!", and so I think that to have *that* particular argument/judgment is not such a good thing.

Comment

Infoamtek hit the nail on the head. It is what it is....

Comment

Also let me clarify -

I didn't see what happened, my post above was about the general topic of unleashing extreme haunt actors on the unsuspecting general public.

I saw that guy at the party and I have heard about him for years, he sounds like a great actor.

I know that I have PERSONALLY gone too far in public promotions, and now it is something I watch very closely when WE do events.

All actors love to "freak the mundanes" its just a tight rope that needs to be walked carefully in my opinion, and I certainly understand an event producer worried about a topic like this.

BTW MHC was great! It was good seeing everyone there!

Thanks!
                                Ben Armstrong
                                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                                www.Fearworld.com
                                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                                X