No announcement yet.

Mhc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Im just curious about one little thing here (and no im not defneding Sheldon again even though were great freinds).

I didn't attend MHC and im dam bummed about it so im picturing this in my mind now.

If i was in any city and had no idea what was going on with any of these events MHC, the Zombie walk whatever, just tolling down the road with my wife and kids in the backseat.

I look to the side because i see 50 bloody zombies walking down the street, that would draw my attention way more than 1 guy in a wheelchair! Hell if i did see 50 zombies on the sidewalk i would most definetly hit the car in front of me because i would think that was so cool to see!

So im still wondering if sheldon who does roll out in front of a car and the driver see's him clear as day stops and he toys with them for awhile how is that more disrupting and horrifiying than explaining 50 bloody dead people walking down the street to my kid!

Again wasn't there, iv'e seen and worked with Shelodn many times, he's paying very close attention, he will make a first movement jesture just to get the drivers to slow down before he even enters the street.

What i think the main point is here and it's not being said straight out is he's mimicing a retarded guy and your worried about the bad press if he was to get filmed putting your zombie walk in jeopardy.

But at the same time your not seeing that a huge group of people mimicing the dead in public is just as wrong and offensive to say somebody that just recently lost a loved one.

Everything we do hauntwise is touch and go as Ben said in the publics eye, so the need to point fingers here is just wrong in my opinion when both party's at least to me could be considered at fault. Personally i would have LOVED to have seen both, but im just screwy ass wrong to begin with.

And finally your sooooo lucky i couldn't attend, because my three characters are very wrong compared to sheldon. You would have gotten me walking down High street in a diaper smeared with poop (and yes i love to play in traffic as well!) OR a crossdressing hillbilly wearing a very short skirt (and womens short short unerwear!) picking up motorists in exchange for farm machinery(mustache and all!) My third character is a lot like sheldon Mentally challenged.

Special Ed wears a kitchen collander for a helmet,drool running everywhere carrying a rubber rat that i try to convince people that it's actually my beaver!

"" And Oh yes sir i will gladly trade you my beaver for your beaver!" as i hand over the rat and stare down his wife from head to toe stopping at her cleavage!

I have pictures of the first two if anyone would like to see "JUST PLAIN WRONG!"

Comment

Thanks, Kevin. You’ve made a great point there.

“Actiondeath”, “badass”, “Darkangel” and all the rest of the folks who saw Sheldon’s actions as offensive... To the general public, I’m sure that your Zombie Walk in June was at least as disturbing as Sheldon’s antics, and even more so. Come on... Isn’t it like the pot calling the kettle black? What would be more disturbing to regular folks in Columbus??? One clown in a wheelchair or tons of zombies walking down the street? I’d bank on the mass of zombies being more disturbing, especially to those who have just lost a loved one.

It makes me laugh that the people who are associated with a zombie walk can be so self-righteous. Get off your high horse.

As Kevin stated before, I’m sure your mass of zombies was way more disruptive to the general public than a single guy in a wheelchair.
      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Wow

I wonder if anyone was offended by half naked zombies and felt they may not properly represent the industry or show???

Move on! It was a great show and to belittle it with this drama is disrespectful to the event.

Comment

Well boys,
          You have proved why Sheldon does what he does.
          You made this thread 4 pages long just talking about his antics.

Haunting is not about scaring. It is about entertainment.
          Every event has a different take on what entertainment is. And this is his. Like it or not, it works. He had your complete attention. You were and still are HIS personal captive audience.
          Working a queueline in a haunt, it is critical to keep your patrons not thinking about their wait. How better to keep them distracted than watching a freak, freak the straights?
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Adam

Originally posted by Haunted Illinois View Post
            Thanks, Kevin. You’ve made a great point there.

“Actiondeath”, “badass”, “Darkangel” and all the rest of the folks who saw Sheldon’s actions as offensive... To the general public, I’m sure that your Zombie Walk in June was at least as disturbing as Sheldon’s antics, and even more so. Come on... Isn’t it like the pot calling the kettle black? What would be more disturbing to regular folks in Columbus??? One clown in a wheelchair or tons of zombies walking down the street? I’d bank on the mass of zombies being more disturbing, especially to those who have just lost a loved one.

It makes me laugh that the people who are associated with a zombie walk can be so self-righteous. Get off your high horse.

As Kevin stated before, I’m sure your mass of zombies was way more disruptive to the general public than a single guy in a wheelchair.
            That was so esque of you!

Comment

to the streets

lets all play in the streets ....haha

MHC RAWKS
              in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Kevin,

I remember your characters too, and I was equally disgusted by those. A grown man wearing a diaper and spearing "crap" on himself? C'mon man it makes no sense. What's wrong with being a Grim Reaper?

The difference is the Zombie Walk was a planned event and one that benefitted a great cause, something this industry should be proud to be a part of. Someone who is not handicapped but uses a wheelchair, someone who is not mentally retarded pretending to be, some moron who goes in the middle of the streets and disrupts traffic, all of those things were not planned and yet again sheds haunters in a negative light. It's the Sheldons of the world that people look at haunters, people who actually run haunt businesses not dress up in one, and shake their heads in shame and why they won't come to one. It's time to grow up now, isn't it?

Also, Kevin from Gore Galore and the others who say it's not about scaring but entertainment, heck why do we even by props and masks and costumes then? If being in the haunted house business is not about scaring we shouldn't buy from Gore Galore and Scarefactory and Distortions and we can go to the local Party Store and buy hula skirts and beach balls and add those to our sets and play non scary music and so forth? I thought it was our job as haunters to entertain them by actually scaring them, I thought that was the whole point? People don't go to a horror movie expecting to see a romantic comedy, they went to get scared. They come to a haunt for scary entertainment. Zombies are an expected part of the haunt scene and if it's a horror related event which it was then seeing zombies makes sense to the public.

Also, and this may not be a popular thing to say and you can take it for what what it's worth, but a good actor, one who is skilled and knows how to make people feel intimidated does not wear diapers and act retarded in a wheelchair. Actors who lack the skill and delivery feel the need to take the Howard Stern shock route and go over the top to get a reation from people in such a way. I've seen haunt performers who far exceed any childish and gross out antics displayed by the Sheldons of the industry by being skilled and confident in their talent.

Darkangel
                Last edited by Darkangel; 06-17-2008, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Missed the point...

and I'm not surprised.

Once again. I wasn't offended. I wasn't concerned with the public being offended. I never said that Sheldon's character was wrong. I never even said that I didn't like his character.

I said I was peeved because he was in the streets. It's difficult enough to put this event on without some big headline saying that a zombiewalk participant almost caused an accident. That's all. You want to disagree, fine. Make excuses and bring up other points that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH the point I was trying to make. It's common here.
                  To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

All I was getting at was Entertainment is the point.
                    Scaring is the main way that is done.
                    But there are other methods like laughter.
                    At the haunt I work with we do a mixture of both. My characters are strange and scary.
                    It is not a dichotomous black and white discussion. Every haunt intermixes tons of methods to entertain and amaze the crowds.

Why do you think Haunts have celebs, bands, magicians, sideshow acts. these are not to scare. They are to entertain.
                    Get my drift?

Have fun and go scare some people.
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com
                    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

UM

Sheldon was not a part of your Zombie walk.
                      Sheldon had been cruising the streets of columbus long before you had even come through.

And for those who want to bash him for the wheelchair thing
                      Maybe you should have taken a few minutes to ask him why he is in the wheelchair.

You see social security gives the poor boy $124.32 every month that was before he was in the chair. Now as long as they don't see him get up and walk, he gets $132.34 a month. As far as the bloody nose? he has a snow problem!

Now he just became a normal member of society!!!!

Yes Kevin you are right...........if you can't scare them....make them uncomfy.....or gross them out...........make em laugh

HEY DARKANGEL
                      what you didn't like Beetlejuice????
                      Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Ken,

Do you mean Beetlejuice the movie or the dude on Howard Stern's show? As far as being funny, the ladder has the movie beat I'd admit!

Darkangel

Comment

DarkAngel

Your saying that Good actors dont need to use the gross out stuff (Dirty Underwear, Fake squirting boobs, Urine Bottle) But if i recall the gross out is a type of acting style, and infact if its so kiddish then why did i place second in the Ms. Scary Midwest using all of the stuff you said people dont like?
                          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

do you know how many times at dreamreapers i have been able to sneak up behind people and scare the bejeesus outta people because they were paying attention to sheldon's immature grade school antics...they pay attention to him, laughing and having a great time, then BOOM!!! they get scared out of their skin...i am not begrudging you for having your own opinion of sheldon...but i have seen it work over and over and over again...he is definately rememberable...nuff said

maddi ~
                            WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
                            440-392-2666

Comment

ah maddi i love you!

any time you can distract the folks from thinking that This is a haunted house im going to get scared...anytime you can catch them off guard with a Sheldon like character then all of a sudden they are enjoying themselves and not paying attention then the other actors and do their thing. In my Opinion you need the scary and the funny together
                              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Damage Control

Wow! THIS IS GREAT! I figured that its about time that I chimed in on this. I cant believe that there are so many uptight people in the haunt world. You're right, I didn't attend the meeting in the park and didn't hear the speech about disrupting traffic. I just happened to be outside when the zombie walk flooded around the corner and saw yet another chance to play in traffic. Dangerous? Yes. Ignorant? Sure. Disrespectful?
                                Maybe to somebody who is actually in a wheelchair with a nose bleed. Immature? Ok, I'll give you that one. Although I physically turned 33 on Friday, I haven't aged mentally since I was 14. As far a jeopardizing future zombie walks... ask the two cars of Columbus Police who were absolutely rolling with laughter. Ask the people at the outdoor diners that were jumping fences to take pictures with me. Ask the passing motorists who actually slowed down so I could hitch a ride on their bumper. They all looked very upset. I'm always very aware of my surroundings. More aware that the bike messenger ripping through downtown traffic or the rollerblader hauling ass pass you on the sidewalk. Anybody that has actually SEE me perform already knows this. BTW, I don't hear any complaints about all of the half naked women walking around in public with their boobs hanging out. (Sorry Maddi and Kara I still love you both) "That's considered art." you say? Well one of them was a minor. I call that illegal. I can't say that I'm affected by your negative comments or distaste with my act. I can't say that it will have any bearing on the future of Sheldon what so ever. As far as ActionDeath goes, I would have loved an award for the biggest dumbass at MHC... are you kidding me? In fact, I'd like to see something like that next year. It will give me something to strive for. And thank you for posting those pics... they made my day.
                                Last edited by SHELDON; 06-17-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X