Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had A Blast at MHC!

Hello everyone!

Well, if getting my haunt off the ground last year wasn't cool enough...I got to take a trip to MHC with my business partner this weekend...want my report and take on things...read on...
    Well, we're about 250 miles away (4 hours or so) so we left at 4:00AM Saturday morning and arrived around 8:30AM...checked in at the Hyatt Regency for our one night stay and the room was ready...by then it was a few minutes after 9 AM and we walked the 1000 miles to the Convention...and WOW! Yes this was our first convention ever of this kind and we were blown away! We started out with a left turn working our way around and spoke with a nice lady at the Midnight Syndicate booth...since I own all the CD's for haunts we just browsed and chatted for a few minutes. Her name was Debbie, I believe...then heading on up the aisle we were drawn to Virgil's booth...where we ended up buying 4 of his albums for this year and future themes...he was very helpful when we told him what we were looking for and also just all around happy. I've heard a lot about his music and couldn't wait to meet him and hear it myself...it doesn't disappoint! I've sampled some of Klown tonight and love it! I also bought Hillbilly Hell, Dark Hollow, and Night Sins (mostly for my love affair with vampires)...Distortions had a pretty cool setup with an awesome electric chair and psycho girl in a straight jacket thrashing around. Loud and scary!
    Oak Island had a nice little 'haunt' set up cosisting of some cool effects...Claustrophobia II, then the Shock Skinz, Jungle Scene, Tunnel of Spirits, then Claustrophobia to end it. We talked to them for a while about the products and they were very helpful.
    Some other highlights...Bad Boy Scenic Design had a 3D artwork 'haunt' setup...that is some awesome stuff! I swear you could reach out and touch the artwork!
    Gotta give it up for Evilusions...those two animations were 'killer'...pun intended...I didn't introduce myself, but I think Killer Katie showed us them today and the clown almost smashed Terry. He loved it!
    Moster-tronics toilet was one of my favorties also...since my wife and I and Terry and his wife will both be potty training our kids soon! Hehehe!
    I got to meet Chuck Williams and tell him how much Halloween...The Happy Haunting of America kicks butt.
    Gore Galore's stuff is amazing!
    I also bought contact lenses (Zombie White) from a lady selling them...well, I don't wear contacts and managed to rip one today (only second time in) ...I emailed her company...sucks to be me...
    Also got to meet Chad Savage...fantastic artwork! That guy is dedicated!
    And chatted with Rex B. Hamilton Saturday for a while...cool guy!
    I never saw xxxdirk (Ron) but think I saw Steve Kristoff in passing!
    So many people to meet! So much more happened...I'm still coming down off my high!!!
    And I gotta say...Scareparts stuff looked awesome too!
    Overall 99% of the stuff was 'wanna-have...wanna-get' at the show but since we're starting out with a small budget...we didn't get a ton! But we had a blast...and we also forgot our cameras...
    Hopefully we'll see some pics/video soon! Lots of cameras were there!

I'll post more later!

Kirk
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

I had a blast, too. The event was AWESOME.

I just got back home not too long ago, after a nice 8 hour drive. I'm in much need of sleep, but I'll post more about my experiences at MHC soon.
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Originally posted by Darkblood View Post
      but think I saw Steve Kristoff in passing!
      So many people to meet!
      hell man, if you saw me why didnt you just say hi!

Regardless, MHC is hands down my favorite show. Absolutely the best place to meet an awesome group of awesome people. Story is plain and simple, MHC rocks.

Also, My props to the MHC organizers. This show has evolved from some tables in a stadium, to one of the best shows out there! The show has taken such a transformation, and to be honest I couldnt have been happier to have been there! absolutely amazing show!
      www.Doomsdayproductions.com
      www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Steve,
        Somehow I missed seeing you or is my brain so scrambled I have forgotten?

Comment

Steve,
          When I saw you we were eating in the food court I believe and you passed by quickly and I swore the nametag read 'Steve' and you looked like an old avatar from here...next time I'll say 'Hi' even if it isn't you! Hehehe...

Adam,
          I know I saw you at the Masquerade Ball...but we didn't attend the inside...we hung outside watching the crazy dressed up folks (90 percent of people) and stood back enjoying the improv...needless to say body painted girls...wow!
          But everyone was heading back in around 10:00PM and I saw you in your red suit and red face/horns to match and was like that was Mr. HauntedIllinois! I had a black 'Trick or Treat' glow logo shirt on with fangs and white contacts...

Barry,
          I looked for you as I wandered around (out of the 8 hours the show was going on we were in there for about 6 of them Saturday)...but to no avail...you must have been watching from behind the curtain like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz...hahaha! Just joking...next time!

I gotta say thanks to Johnathan from RFR for the tips for a guy like me with Dial Up Internet to get the show...I'm gonna try what you said!

Kirk
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

i can say that MHC is always a good show...there is a ton of stuff going on all the time, and all the cool people are there...lol...
            congrats to barry, kathy, kelly, neena, and all the volunteers who put their time into making this MHC another fantastic show...

maddi
            WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
            440-392-2666

Comment

I must agree, MHC rocked. I went for the 1st time in 06 and can not believe how much this event grew. This year I signed up for every event including the pretours. The tours were well organized and it was a nice touch getting a free snack and beverage. The tours all stayed reasonably on time. The show floor was packed with vendors, and seemned much bigger than Vegas. The seminars were all good and the Vampire nightclub and costume party were a great time. The fantasy show? What can I say, I am a 47 year old guy and there were girls walking around with body paint. lol

Congrats to the MHC crew for putting on a hell of a show. Hope I can make it in 09!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                Steve,
                Somehow I missed seeing you or is my brain so scrambled I have forgotten?
                Barry, I saw you several times, in fact, I spoke to directly about the 7 floors sale, that no one knew anything about? lol I think perhaps It was the fact that i wasnt bald? hahaha

regardless, you guys did a fantastic job with the show this year!
                www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Steve, maybe he just did not recognize you? When you were talking with me at the bar I had no idea who you were for quite a bit. You have changed quite a bit since I saw you last.....lol
                  www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Most likely, that was a common response over the weekend.
                    www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

I loved talking and seeing all my friends once again. I have been to all but one MHC. And it keeps growing and growing.

I have posted about 200 pix so far from Fri and Sat and I have about 200 more coming soon too. http://www.rottingfleshradio.com go to the Ghastly Gallery.

I also have about 27 hours of audio to sift through for this weeks RFR Show.

Thank you Rusty once again for letting RFR show your pieces. SPFX contines to rock, thanks you Bad Boys for an awesome booth and thank you Barry, Kel, Kathy, Nina etc. for putting on fun event once again.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Thanks to Barry, Kelly , Neena and Kathy for a great time! And for allowing me to do a seminar, it was freaking awesome and all the convention goers were so friendly! A huge leap from last year, and I can't wait to do it all again!!!!
                        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I will do my official Thank You later but to all of you in this thread, it is us who should be thanking you for coming. Without everyone taking time to make the trip we would not have an MHC.

Steve, no I did not recognize you plus my brain was a little fried this weekend. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            my brain was a little fried this weekend. LOL
                            Should have seen what you looked like Sunday evening....I think you hosted your own zombie walk! lol
                            Thanks, Jeff
                            www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                            www.HauntForum.com
                            www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

MHC was GREAT!

Another thanks to the organizers of this event from us :-)

We had a great time...and spent more at MHC than any transworld convention we have ever attended. This was our first MHC and to have the ability to really spend time with the vendors and learn about the various products up close and personal is what motivated my purchases. Plus we didn't have to wade through an ocean of vendors selling party store junk that does not really mean much to me as a haunt owner. Cash and carry is king...just about everything we bought came home with us and we will start installing it into our show this weekend.

Thanks again MHC...see you next year for sure!
                              Tim Dunne
                              www.FrightKingdom.com
                              Proud Member of the HHA
                              www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

Working...
                              X