Pee Your Pants Marketing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Your Pants Marketing..

Question... do you think it is smart to market to your customers that you made XYZ amount of people pee their pants? I see more and more haunts really promote this to the public... do you think this is good?

My veiw ... NO WAY!

If you pee your pants did you have a good time? How was that car ride home? Hmmm... who would enjoy that? I mean who would actually pay you to make them pee in their pants, drive home or where ever they are going with pee all over themselves?

You already have tons of peope to afraid to go, so if you start telling them we make people pee in the pants, don't you think you will lose ticket sales???

Also isn't it kind of degrading and nasty to say people peed on themselve at our haunt???

Isn't your goal to promote a fun, good ole time?

What is your take?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Sell diapers

every one should sell depends...

and put your logo on them....its a big hit...

just a stencil and some spray paint...and blam... laughs galore

smear poo on em and kevin dells will wear em...haha..

and no to the peeing customer count...
    Last edited by badass; 06-18-2008, 07:41 AM.
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Fearfest in Columbia Missouri does sell depends! I dont think of it as degrading. It is a fact that some customers pee themselves when they get scared. We offer them just in case. Mostly women that have had children have this problem but we have had big strong cowboys with the hat and everything wet themselves in our haunt. Are we proud of this? ?? Do we make fun of them? NO We are an entertainment facility and our moto is if you cant scare them make them laugh. They pay to be entertained and if they happen to leak in the mean time oh well. Our banner does mention something about a comment that was left on our site. It is merely something to catch your intrest and cause you to seek out more comments and information from out website.
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Bad idea, low class and only caters to the bottom feeders of society. Does Halloween Horror Night sell depends? Of course not, again not professional and embarrasses the industry. Not saying we should all be like HHN but they actually apply research to how they run their parks and shows and they would not do this. I know we try to be different but I really don't think peeing yourself at a haunted house would create a pleasant memory....

Darkangel

Comment

If you are promoting yourself as the scariest Haunt around them maybe stating that isn't all that bad.

Comment

Advertisng the peeing-thing would make it more difficult for the non-pee-ers to sucker their potentially peeing friends to come along with them, that is where the fun is, in watching the hapless uncontrolable others whether it it is screaming, crying or peeing, vomiting and pooping No thank you. of course it's all OK if the victim laughs about it right away .
            As far as scaring away customers..the chainsaw gets the number one reason people will not ever go to a haunted attraction again. I have been conducting my own end -of-tour informal surveys for 20 years now, admittedly many of the people saying this were people I had to really work on to get them into my house because they were going to wait in the parking lot for the rest of their group.
            What percentage of your annual patronage can you afford to lose each year?
            Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-18-2008, 11:18 AM.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes I agree this seems like kind of a hokey gimmick at best and just off putting at worst. I did crowd control at a Haunt 2 years ago during a visit to a client's attraction and what I couldn't get over was the fear and anticipation in people coming up the the front. Most girls were scared to death with just waiting in line and hearing the music. I think telling them not to Pee their pants or bragging about how many did is going to send some people running. I mean if their scared already how many young girls do you know that think its funny to pee their pants?

That said maybe it works for some haunts depending on their market or expectations. But its not my thing.
              Christopher Brielmaier
              Rogues Hollow Productions
              www.RoguesHollow.com
              www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
              info@rogueshollow.com
              PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

Nothing against Greg and his marketing scheme. I think it happens at most haunts who really know how to scare people. Weve had it happen at our haunt many times. But I dont think I would advertise it. Each to his own I guess.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Well Larry, there is/was a haunt who hid two guys in the bushes next to their exit with Super-soaker squirt guns, they were very well camoflauged in Ghihili suits, the mission was to squirt some big, brave, macho guys in their crotch just enough to make a wet spot, then they would ask them if they had been scared?
                  "No, not really."
                  "Then what is that wet spot doing right there?"
                  It is a funny thing to do, if you can run real fast in one of those raggety camoflauge suits, that is...
                  Of course using the "Two-sniper" system does make enough confusion to help keep them safe from getting discoverd and punched out...as long as the sniper doesn't make a smirk that can be heard.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There was a thread on here after last Halloween about someone going to the BBB and demanding a refund because they had been too scared to complete a tour. That seems to me to be a much more effective marketing angle.

Comment

As it is a way to judge how scary your haunt might be to your customers on your website, I for one feel it is a tad tacky. Like Larry said we try to give a frightning, but ENTERTAINING experince for our guests and peeing yourself is far from entertaining. Keep the tally in your employee room to motivate your actors to do their best, but keep it out of the public view.
                      Sean De Wane
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      The De Wane Asylum
                      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

devil's advocate

Playing Devil's advocate here, I can understand why some haunted attractions market this. The "big, tough" patrons consider it a challenge. "Yeah, let me try. I'd NEVER pee my pants! There's nothing in there that can make me do that." Does it get people in the door? In a way, yes.
                        However, personally, I find it tacky and degrading. It reminds me of the locker room scene in Carrie, if you get my drift. As already stated, most people that do pee their pants, can't really control it for a physical reason and whatever jumped out at them only fed the initial problem. Good motivation for actors but looks childish on a marquee or commercial.

Day

Comment

Or a potential customer can think of that slogan a different way. Like: "No way, could that haunt make me pee my pants". In a way I guess its reverse psychology. Good Luck with your marketing

Comment

I'm new to the forums but not new to Haunted Attractions, so for what its worth my opinion is no pee promotion. I cant say that it has ever made me want to go to a haunt more and it certainly makes some who are already uneasy, not want to go at all.
                            http://www.hauntedattractions.net

Comment

Same here-I feel it is kinda dumb. I have seen on haunt sites a total number of vomiter's, pooper's and pee ers. Last year we only had ONE teenage girl pee her pants and I thought kinda bad for her because I over heard her girlfriends making fun about it and I'm sure she was kind of embarrassed.
                              ~Bill Mlinac
                              The Deadland Haunted House
                              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X