Village Of The Damned construction pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Village Of The Damned construction pics

Heres some more pics, I have lost the other thread, sorry. This is a shop in the village, the items in the windows are screwed down so people can not take them. The patn here is about 48 inchs so they will pass close to the shop. The doll will then jump from the shelf at them and then a actor will burst out the door. The other window will also have something jump from the shelf, so we can get the front of the group and the back. The other photo shows both the shop and the Barber shop, there is a pass through leting actors move about. The last pic is in the barber shop seen through the window.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Looks good. Very detailed.

Comment

Very Nice, Keep up the good work

Comment

Looks great! I love the jumping doll! Awesome wooded setting you have there.

Eric
        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Hell yo, those are some nice shacks!
          Mike Cirrincione
          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
          MAC Productions presents:
          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Is that a lute in the first 2 pictures?
            Everything looks great so far. Seeing strange, out-of-place things in the woods has always been creepy to me. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

SomeThing, that looks pretty sweeet!

Got a question for you:

Did you build those structures yourself?

Having smaller shacks, outhouses and such is my desire this year. But, we've always secured our plywood walls off of an existing structure. Even though we brace the heck out of everything, I'm very nervous about having smaller structures instead of a constant running maze with rooms.

Comment

Yes, I built the fronts two years ago but, this year I want them to look real with sides and roofs. I hope to have some more pics soon. Thanks everyone, I know that if it passes here then my guest will like it. Variant-cover, no it not a lute, it's called a dolsamer. Not sure that is spelled right, I was looking for things I could put in the windows and found a violin in the shed but I was vetoed by the owner and told I could use the dolsamer.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                  Yes, I built the fronts two years ago but, this year I want them to look real with sides and roofs. I hope to have some more pics soon. Thanks everyone, I know that if it passes here then my guest will like it. Variant-cover, no it not a lute, it's called a dolsamer. Not sure that is spelled right, I was looking for things I could put in the windows and found a violin in the shed but I was vetoed by the owner and told I could use the dolsamer.
                  SomeThing, I believe it's spelled "Dulcimer" and I have two of them not knowing what to do with them. I'm sure I'll find somewhere to put them this season.

I don't want to hijack your thread, so I'll start one of my own in hopes of getting instruction on how to build sound and solid structures without bracing off of an existing building.

Keep up the impressive work!!

Comment

Are you outside? All I did was sink 4x4 post into the ground and went from there.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                      Are you outside? All I did was sink 4x4 post into the ground and went from there.
                      Yes, we are outside this year and I am soooo happy! After being on plush carpet and surrounded by walls last season, I'm thrilled we are going back to our "roots." (Pun intended) Besides, it makes for a better Hillbilly Cannibal Commune, don't you think?

Comment

That sounds cool, you can do a lot with that, outhouse, moon shine still, ect but, thats what I would do sink some 4x4x8 post into the ground, they may have a little wabble in them but once you start putting on the sides it will be sold.

Comment

Stable enough to take punishment from customers? Some of our people get really wild. We would brace above, of course.

Comment

Heres some more pics:
                            This is the Butcher Shop, when the door is open it blocks the path with the back of the barber shop so guest must head in. They never get inside because the butcher is right around the corner.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Heres some of the inside of the barber shop and another shack that has a boo door in the door.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X