• Show
Clear All

• MHC vs Transworld

As the poll states did you make more money at Transworld or MHC
    Transworld
    57.78%
    Midwest Haunters Convention (MHC)
    42.22%
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

How about how much money spent instead?
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Seeing that Transworld isnt a cash and carry show i spent my money at MHC

Comment

If I stock the correct size granny panties, will you buy from me?
        Thanks, Jeff
        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
        www.HauntForum.com
        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

sure i will

Comment

It is an interesting poll Tater but I do not know if you will get a good answer. Many vendors will write more orders at TW, some because they cross over to the retail side as well. Some vendors have told me that MHC is the most profitable show for them. It just depends on the product being offered. MHC is most assuredly a big cash and carry venue.

Comment

Actually this isn't a fair poll at all... It really isn't fair to compare Transworld with MHC or Hauntcon or anything. The Transworld show we've known from the past is a major buyer seller show. All of the focus is on buyers and sellers.

Transworld's shows destroy we're talking atomic bomb these other shows for writting orders. On the other hand with regards to Transworld you also hear the complaints about costs of the show, or it was no fun or whatever.

If you switched the poll around and asked which show did you enjoy more it would be MHC in a landslide...

We're talking about two different shows, with two different agendas, goals and functions. MHC I'm sure all would agree was the show hey enjoyed more and Transworld you'll hear ten times the complaints.

Married couples fight about money more than anything... Transworld is a money show, that is why you hear the most complaints because the show is about money making money, money to support your business.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Tater first I have to say it was the first I had ever seen you perform and we enjoyed it. Being new to the business and first year convention people, I think they were two totally different shows that serve two different purposes.

Transworld is more for buyers of stores and less about haunters. Very impersonal but was better for us having both types of businesses. Very overwelming however.

MHC was great to see how the actors/actresses take pride in there work, talk to other haunters and much more time to talk to vendors. We spent less here but learned more about the business and suppliers. Actually ordered from ones we missed at Transworld or just didn't have time to get back to. We took folks from our haunt and they loved the show.

You can't make it through Transworld trying to do both a haunt and a store. It's just to much for 3 days.

I think it's great to have the 3 months in between the two different shows. The entertainment at MHC was far greater than Transworld just because it was all haunters.

Comment

Spook

Thank you for the kind words...I always enjoy entertaining others. Its never about what place i did or didnt get...its always about having fun. Welcome to the industry...where are you located at. Always willing to help if oyu need it

Comment

I'm in PA. Hoping to some day do this for a living.....LOL

We love it but aren't actors. I love putting the event together and need to learn from watching and chatting with others. MHC was great for this. I think these two shows are beneficial for many different reasons. They both serve a different purpose.

Comment

I am sorry but Larry is right.
                      You really can't compare the 2. And if you did you would NOT like the anwser.

We write about 5 times the orders at Transworld as we do at any other show ever.
                      why do you think we are fighting so hard to make the St Louis show so successful?
                      Most of the larger vendors really do need a show of this BUYER magnitude.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin

I would agree that most vendors take more orders at TransWorld. But TransWorld will not be the same show as we have known it in the past. So there could be major changes in the making.

I hope I am wrong for the sake of you guys but I still see a major split. I know several haunts thats going to do what were going to do and thats buy over the phone and take our crews on a well deservd vacation and St. Louis is not the destination. TransWorld had the only Halloween/Haunt show out there and they screwed that up and I don't want to hear it was Rubies fault!

Actually it may be a blessing and you guys can save even more money by not having to pay for a booth in the future and save even more money. Shane and its Kevin I have made a very good point Shane this time.
                        sigpic

Comment

The fact is that the Transworld show as you know is already changed because the main exhibitor will not exhibit (Rubies) and the Transworld retail show will be smaller than ever. The haunt industry needed and now has its own show which was the right move.

The fact is the haunted house industry, is part of a bigger Halloween Attraction industry, which includes pumpkin patch events, corn mazes, renfairs, amusement parks, farms that start Halloween attractions and the list goes on and on.

The Halloween Attraction industry is a BILLION dollar industry, and should and now does have its own show.

We need a show that is only for these vendors and these buyers and now we have it...

So feel happy, proud and excited.

I am thrilled I can tell you that much, not because of the fact its coming here, but now we can separate ourselves for a retail industry, which we don't belong. We want to see vendors who want to sell to Halloween attractions and we need more than ever.

We need to see our industry grow and it is only possible if we embrace this new and exciting direction.

Now last but not least... I know for a fact that MANY Halloween retailers will be at this show a lot of the BIG ONES!

Now they will bring the stuff they want to sell to haunts!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

TW isn't a money show anymore.
                            OOOPS excuse me, yes it is a money show but the only ones who make money are TW, the Sands, Freeman, the concession *with their $2.50 pint of milk, the hotels, Airlines everyone but me.

I'll be at Midwest with bells on. Nothin' better than a good ol Ohio, depressed economy, unemployed, desparate mass killerattitude, homocidal chainsaw weilding, Amish buggy scare for me!

There's somethig about a 12% unemployment rate that makes for a reeealy scary halloween season.
                            Go Cavs
                            (hope I don't need to reedit this)

Comment

answer to how much money spent

Our production company spent about 10k between two haunts this year at TW. if we go to MHC we will be merely socializing and picking up odds and ends missed from March purchases.
                              http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                              sigpic
                              "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Working...
                              X