Haunted Overload build photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Overload build photos

I have been enjoying everyone's build photos. Here are some photos of our new 40 foot skull head building with a stage in the mouth. It is far from finished but you can get the idea. I included a photo of the scale model and a quick rendering of what it will look like when finished and lighted with an actor on stage.

I'll post more when it has a lot more detail, there will be vines all over it and big teeth along with 10 foot horns. We will have to do some trimming of the trees so it will be more visible. This thing overlooks the queue line. It will look cool with tons of fog blowing out the mouth.

Oh yeah, the weird orange pants I have on are used for protection when cutting with a chainsaw.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Freaking amazing. BRAVO!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

awesome man!!!
      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Yes

Very cool, how tall is the structure?

Comment

hell yeah

hell yeah..now that is bad ass..
          in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

wow wow wow.. absolutely amazing! Great job!

Comment

Hi Eric,

You are the master of Larger than Life Props! I'm blown away by your vision and how your haunt stands out truely above the rest is awesome.

You need more than those orange pants to work on that structure, you need a crane!

Stay Safe and keep on dreaming big!

Keep the photos coming, I can't wait to see it finsihed.
              Tony Wohlgemuth,
              Comes up with the fun stuff!
              Kersey Valley, Inc.
              www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! It's 40 feet high and scary as hell at the very top! Here are some photos from the decks and one showing the back of the structure. I designed it so I can build another face on the back next year that faces in at the haunt itself.

The trees you see stuck in the ground are going to be 6 more big tree monsters. I carve the faces with a chainsaw and attach limbs for arms. Then I will put a bunch of smaller trees around them for a spooky forest. They look cool when lighted up. The headless horseman will run around that section in back of the queue line.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

It is absolutely insane that this is part of a home haunt! I really wish I could have big set pieces like that at mine.
                  Mike Cirrincione
                  Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                  MAC Productions presents:
                  Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                  AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                  Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                  Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Looks awesome, I love the rough wood with the bark still on, nice touch. Also, that's some beautiful land you have to work on....

Allan
                    Last edited by MDKing; 06-29-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Badlander2000,

We made it over the hump and went pro last year. We could never get away with this when we were a home haunt LOL!

Eric
                      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric, Nice to meet you!

Im loving this schene man and the fact that your using natural items commonly found with the woods... this will make it very creepy indeed !

The woods come to life is such a neat thing with any outdoor haunt.

And as a stairbuilder by trade. "Hey man nice stairs!"

We just put the roof on our facade this weekend and 30 feet up is intimidating as hell!

Comment

Hey Kevin,

I can't take credit for the stairs. Stan Walker, the same guy that plays the Headless Horseman in our video and the haunt built those along with a great deal of the structure. It still has a fair amount to go but now we can take our time detailing it during the summer since we went so fast up to this point. Stan really pushed us over 3 weekends to get this far.

I love using as many natural materials as I can in the haunt to give it that organic creepy feeling. The bark adds so much texture when lighted properly. It really looks ominous when you look up at it from the queue line. I think it will be a big hit this year. I have many more things planned for this season but this is the biggest so we started it first. I will start on the horns soon and post more photos when it is looking good.

Eric
                          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Killer job Eric and Haunted Overload crew!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.
                            Tim Dunne
                            www.FrightKingdom.com
                            Proud Member of the HHA
                            www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

You don't do anything small, do you?lol. Very cool, what will the acter be doing on the stage?
                              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                              X