No announcement yet.

Haunted Overload build photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the actor or actors will be doing on-stage has yet to be determined. It may depend on our personnel and who would be the best for that position. We may have a bunch of people take turns. A huge crowd will be gathered in front of this structure before going into the haunt, it's the end of the queue line. I will have a microphone so the actors talking to the crowd can be heard.

I have one Idea I will hopefully be able to do. It involves me, every so often coming out of the mouth with the chainsaw and tons of smoke. After whirling it around and getting the crowd going I will then leap off the front of the stage. I will land on a massive hay bail platform built way up to cushion the jump. There will be an even higher hay bail wall in front of the platform so it will look like I'm jumping 9.5 feet down when I'm only jumping 3 or 4. The crowd wont expect it at all and then I will come from behind the wall and through gate to the queue line with the saw. People love the saw running up and down the line.

If it turns out to be too dangerous I will abandon the idea but if done right I really think it will be a hit.

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Those pics are freakin AMAZING. Nice JOB!

Comment

I said I would post more build photos when I got them so here they are. The first one is a sneak peak at only some of the new hand made tiki torch heads that will line the big road in front of the skull stage. I can't wait until my photographer gets a hold of these. He can get much more detail than this photo shows. They will look cool lit up I think.

The next photos show the horns to the giant skull head in stages. And finally some more progress on the big structure. I am starting to detail the eye socket in one photo and adding vines. Each board I put up goes painstakingly slow. I'm really getting a workout running up and down those stairs to see how it looks. I envy the haunts that have big crews lol! I still have a fair amount to do on this prop but I'm definitely over the hump. There will be black cloth in the mouth and teeth also. I need to add small pieces of wood at the top so the horns look like they are growing out of the head not just stuck there.

I threw in a shot from real far away, you can see me standing on the top holding the chainsaw. I wont be up that high for the haunt, other actors and myself will be in the mouth.

Enjoy,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Dude, you are insane, just insane! (I mean that in a good way)
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Thanks,

The conservation commission is coming today to check on this structure as well as our other maze structures. Apparently on the farm any building put up needs to be for agricultural proposes because of certain easements. We can get around this because none of our structures have a permanent roof and can not be classified as a buildings. This structure is a giant sculpture and not a building.

If they tell us to tear it down expect to see a photo of me jumping off the thing to my demise, lol! The farmers are not worried about it at all but it is just another hassle to put up with.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Erik, it looks amazing. Good luck with the commission.

Wayne
                www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Are you planning on jumping with the real chainsaw? Not telling you what to do but I would have two chainsaws one at the top and one at the bottom. I would jump with a prop one and then switch behind the fence. Its a cool idea but it all sounds like you could get hurt in the process. Great idea though!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Damon,

That's a real great idea! I plan to do a lot of testing when the time comes for the set up of the jump and so forth. My initial thought was I would be able to use my carving chainsaw that is incredibly light and feels like a toy. I whirled it around like nothing last year and was able to run at full speed the whole night because it was so light. A heavy one would never work. If I build the hay platform right I would be able to jump and land almost on all 4's with a separate higher level for my hands and the saw outstretched in one hand to land on. Like I said, it may not even be possible because of safety issues but I'm going to give it my best shot. I don't want to get injured in the process so I wont be stupid about it if it's not working. The fake saw might do the trick.

Even if I don't get to jump off, the other actors, lights and fog coming out of it will look cool for the people in the queue line. The jump idea would be a bonus and I would only do it about every 10 to 15 minutes.

Thanks for the idea.

Eric
                    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

How bout this Eric? Maybe some kind of Harness so maybe you could jump even further? It would provide safety and even more of a thrill. It would have to have somekind of quick release system though so you can get out without anyone noticing. With all the fog and the sound of a chainsaw I dont think many would.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Damon,

That's a good idea also. I doubt I will have time to implement something like that this year. I still have a bunch of other stuff to build. Here are some images I retouched to give you a better idea of how I think the jump and monster head will turn out in the end at night. The pine boughs will cover all the hay, I just left the hay visible so you can see the jump platform.

I don't know if the teeth will be exactly like this but doing photos like this helps me decide how the finished piece should look. So far it's coming out pretty close to my original scale model.

Thanks for another good suggestion.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric-

You're out of control. Looks unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Creativecinema View Post
                            Eric-

You're out of control. Looks unbelievable!
                            That is too awesome, In the dark, that is going to look Sick. Great job!!!

Comment

Looks pretty sweet Eric! It doesnt look as far as I thought. But still hope you dont get hurt. Good luck!
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Looking good! Be careful! We don't want you injured!
                                Chris Riehl
                                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                                (586)209-6935
                                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                                X