Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Use Customer Lists?

As advertised via mail or e-mail?
    10,000 real names of actual potential customers! ????
    Anyone have any experience, good or bad with this sort of thing?
    Some of these specialize in listing church youth groups, who might not appreciate getting free copies of my new haunt magazine I'm printing soon.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Never used a list myself as I wont give out my own list as our readers our always kept private.
    As for lists you can buy, never checked into it. I would like to see other responses.

Comment

From reading how the younger kids do it, if this service can not be tailored to your general idea of people's intrests, then the service isn't worth snot. You should be able to geo target this place with in a budget, then that place (speaking of town and regions) and not really depending on people showing up from China.

On the same token, you aren't supposed to pre judge any potential customers or try to anticipate why they would be intrested in you. For example I know for a fact church youth groups come every year to my event to catch any ideas that might apply to keeping the kids entertained. Quite a budget is actively being layed out to keep the kids around the church community so they over years simply participate because they always have and develop friends there and only there.

Church youth centers become like mini family entertainment centers. I have one right now that wants to spend money decorating perhaps 150 lineal feet to fit a theme of boating and docks to symbolize the fishing of men. Dude, that is peope intrested in how to create scenes and displays the same as a haunted house.

In the case of the Raven's Grin Inn, it is no different than the museum crowd ponering how to keep crap for years, or the architects wondering how the building is even standing up out of the hole it is in or where they are in the building. It is no different than haunters looking for inspiration to be creative in their events or weasels to become one with lines of people with money in their hand.

SO you don't discount any group as it is maybe dysfunctional to try to read their intentions and the bottom line is getting people there even if it is just to experience something totally different, an escape fom daily life, an hour and a half vacation. You've been in the tanning booth, had cucumbers on your eyes, have had trouble figuring out why all these people think they need enemas all the time. So why not try coming to the Ravens Grin Inn!

The church dudes will bring 15 kids even if it is to later go have a week long discusson about how unholy this experience might have been. And they will still do it every other year as new kids join.

For a budget however, I would be more concerned with specific towns and what other entertainment you might not be able to pull people away from. Go for towns that only have a bowling alley. Your "demographic" isn't age or income, it is will they drive here at some percentage from their town to yours. This is how you grade future malings and even campaigns designed around when certain bills are due.

You know if you wildly spend $100 on Rockford Illnois you get 5% responce in a short time from your mailings. If you send mailings to Peoria, you get 1/500th of a responce in actual customers coming so it isn't as great an investment or even a loss.

However, why spend money at all when you can do that freind request scam I told you about on Myspace?Simply invite everyone that has a myspace page in your target town to be your friend with the comment of what is new or what group specials you are having. That way you are not a spammer, you are requesting friends. Wether they elect to add you to their friends list or not, they have been informed and possibly read your web site for more info.

The comment in this case of what is new and exciting IS your free copy of the RGI magazine. Send a self addressed stamped envelope to Mount Carroll. Wala, the old return addresses become your hard paper receipts for effectiveness. The number of friend requests also dictate how much real printing costs and such you are going to have requested. I would think the magazine would have a very high return percentage over time of real customers coming at their convenience.

Continued contact means something else they are compelled to do before they get caught up in the nursing home system eating sugarless pudding.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I've been involved in various businesses and marketing programs over the years and have always been told that the best list is your own. Be sure everyone signs in with their email when they show up. By now, you should have a heck of a list that you could periodically send special notices out to. Even if they don't plan on returning themselves, they probably think enough of your place that they will forward the email to a few friends with their recommendations. You can't buy a list like that!

Comment

..or sugarless pudding eating them!
          "What is this new hole beside his rectum?"
          "Rectum-2, all the panache of the young bowel, yet a third the size!"
          Just back from the lab, it's the pudding! Run for your life! Run with one hand over your bum!
          "Gota dollar mister?"
          Not THAT BUM!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X