Train Scare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Scare

I want to have a spot in my haunted house where the guests are walking down a hallway toward wall and as they turn the corner and most of the group is at the corner, a train comes barrelling at them.

I have a flood light that is on a wood cart that will roll on old garage door rails.

What I want to do is make it so that the cart is on the tracks about 10 feet back from the guests. When they set off the sensor the light comes on, a whistle blows, and the cart shoots toward them on the rails.

Then it recoils and is ready for the next group.

I would love to do this automatically without any need to reset it manually.

Any thoughts?????

well here is an idea that came to mind off the cuff.

use pneumatics to push the cart toward the people. to pull it back have springs, or bungies of soem kind that pull it back. set the pneumatics strong enough to push the cart toward the people.

Or spring/bungies to pull it toward the people using pnuematics to push it away. When preasure is release the cart will come forward.
    www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

There were a couple of ideas in this thread for a truck, which is just about the same thing. http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...ighlight=truck

I recently passed through a complex with a security gate out front. It rolled open and closed on a long length of chain that passed over a gear on the gate. That gave me some ideas for use in a haunt.

Comment

down here us redneck don't do trains (lol)...we use a 4 wheeler.....my haunted maze which is app. 250 ft long with 6 actors in it... at the end I'm dress to kill (lol) I'm standing not moving and people just look and poke to see if I'm alive or what every now and then I jump or something and they go running even the biggest boys while they are still looking at me they go around the last corner before the cemetery there is a automatic start on my 4wheeler and with the spot light and head lights come on they freze or run knowing what they see on the 4wheeler NOBODY at all and its right in front of them

Comment

I know that Brian at Evilusions will sell you a kit that does exactly what you're trying to do.
          As shawnc mentioned, there is a thread outlining this but certainly give Brian a call.

http://www.evilusions.com

Brian's screen name is: gadget-evilusions

Best regards,
          Nick
          Nick Collins
          SEE-NICK-DESIGN
          Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post
            I want to have a spot in my haunted house where the guests are walking down a hallway toward wall and as they turn the corner and most of the group is at the corner, a train comes barrelling at them.

I have a flood light that is on a wood cart that will roll on old garage door rails.

What I want to do is make it so that the cart is on the tracks about 10 feet back from the guests. When they set off the sensor the light comes on, a whistle blows, and the cart shoots toward them on the rails.

Then it recoils and is ready for the next group.

I would love to do this automatically without any need to reset it manually.

Any thoughts?????
            The easiest way would be to put the train front on a set of rails, and use a double acting pneumatic cylinder to push and pull the train. Pneumatic cylinders that long aren't cheap, so I would be on the look out on ebay. I built a semi truck scare just like you want to do for several years at our commercial attraction.
            Brian Warner
            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I know this is a really old thread but someone has a semi truck for sale on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Spooky-Haunted-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

I can't say that it looks very realistic but the mechanism to make it move back and forth a relatively great distance is very interesting.

Comment

Im doing something similar this year at my home haunt.

But instead of your concept, weve got a bright flood light mounted on the end of a 2 foot long 2x4.

The 2x4 is rigged to 1 rail that is 10 feet long on the ceiling. When actors are walking down the hallway (which is 14 feet long) a loud train horn, and chuffing sounds start. And the light comes towards them, and over them. once they exit the hallway, the light is pulled back, and set up for the next group.

You get the same effect, but its less complex.

Hope this helps.
                Skidduhlicious

Comment

Working...
                X