portable sprinkler system for a tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portable sprinkler system for a tent

I need a way to put a fire sprinkler in my tent for my 2007 Haunted House.
    Where do i start my search. Can I build this myself? Does anyone have one?

wow, surprised no one has used something like this

wow, surprised no one has used something like this.

Comment

I know people have. I have heard/seen of it. I have no personal experience, however as we have never been in a tent.

Perhaps Karl Fields from Pirates of Emerson would be a resource.
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

I know several companies have tried to market a portable sprinkler system, including Larry's Halloween Productions. None, to my knowledge, have received any NFPA or like approval. Without some higher jurisdiction's approval, local authorities are not going to go out on a limb and approve the system by themselves. CYA you know
        Karl
        http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Have you considered applying for a waiver?

Many areas will waive the sprinkler requirement, if you agree to take additional fire prevention measures like having extra fire extinquishers, reduced building capacity, off-duty firefighter on premises, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know some large darkrides and funhouses (over 1000 square ft.) have sprinkler systems that pass inspection.
          Guerilla Haunter

Comment

An off duty firefighter on premise will get you out of almost anything.
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Hey Jim,

Back in '98, I did a couple haunted houses in tents. Each tent was 13,000 square feet and 26' tall at the high point. About a month before opening, we were told that we would have to install a sprinkler system...no exceptions.

We ended up having an 'attic' sprinkler system installed, which involved running a 6" line from the nearest hydrant to the tents. There was a main trunk line that ran the length of the tent (210') near the peak. Every 30', there were pipes with sprinkler heads that ran from the high point down to the side walls on each side of the tent. In addition, we were required to have a monitoring station, automatic dial-out system and full mechanical drawings from the sprinkler company that installed it.

The system ended up costing me about $55,000 plus the cost of having the sprinkler company come in and disassemble it. We fought having to do it...but when all was said and done... this was the only acceptable option as far as the city was concerned.

The key thing is that this IS NOT a do-it-youself project...and for liability reasons, I would highly reccomend hiring a professional.

I hope this bit of experience helps.

Mark McDonough, president
              Creative Visions, Inc.
              Haunt Visions
              Mark McDonough, president
              Creative Visions
              (314) 776-3939
              (314)772-8146- fax

Comment

Jim, after the event the system was yours right? You could use it again and again? I want to open a haunt someday and we are kicking around ideas and one was a cloth building, not a tent but building with cloth walls. (and yes for those of you that think I'm nuts they do make them) Anyway it would need a sprinkler system. $55,000 is a lot of money but if the system became yours then I would see it as a asset that could be used and then sold off if need be.
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                X