Voice Changer (PRO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Changer (PRO)

Last time I check on a "GOOD" voice Changer it was $1500..

Did anyone break the sub $500 yet?

Phantom@ScreamWorks.org
    Phantom

Helium has to be cheaper.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

here is an idea

try a guitar pedal effects box. I use a vocal 300 from Digitech, I think you can get one for around $300. Plug a mic into it and run the output to an amp and speakers. It can do low monster voices to chipmunks and everything in between and is pretty clear.

Comment

i bought a digitech one for $190 that i use in my haunt

Comment

We used one of those cheap-o $12 voice changers that are never loud enough, and added two adapters to it. One to make it run off of AC, and another to provide a RCA output to connect to a cheap stereo input (the CD input works well). The stereo is usually a used Goodwill job for another $35, plus used speakers. It worked fine then, although it was not wireless, and we had to conceal the power cord and RCA cord down the shirt of the user. (They were not mobile so that wasn't a problem.)
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Originally posted by monsterwax View Post
            We used one of those cheap-o $12 voice changers that are never loud enough, and added two adapters to it. One to make it run off of AC, and another to provide a RCA output to connect to a cheap stereo input (the CD input works well). The stereo is usually a used Goodwill job for another $35, plus used speakers. It worked fine then, although it was not wireless, and we had to conceal the power cord and RCA cord down the shirt of the user. (They were not mobile so that wasn't a problem.)
            Did you have to use any electronics to convert from the speaker in the changer to line level for the rca or did you simply clip off the speaker and then solder on an rca connector?
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

It was three years ago when we converted it, so I can't be positive without finding the unit and opening it, but I don't remember buying any new electronics. Those cheap-o voice changers are so weak, just sending it to RCA and letting the AC amp do the work was what I remember. The only new part I recall was the adapter to convert the 9 volt battery source to AC power as well, although that isn't really necessary if you're willing to keep a supply of 9 volt batteries around to power the voice changer (not the amp). I hate fussing with batteries though coz people always seem to leave them on all night long and they are dead the next day when you come in to fire everything up.
              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
              X