Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry, What Happend To My Haunt Listing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry, What Happend To My Haunt Listing??

I've had a haunt listing on Haunt World's Haunted House Online for quite some time.

Since we have a new location, I thought I'd go there and update. What do I find? Nothing! My listing isn't even there. All my trackbacks..everything, all gone. I updated back in February and everything was there, so what gives?

Larry, can you explain this? I was even thinking about purchasing a banner next month, but now...I'm not so sure.
    :???:

Empressnightshade, it has been a long time. I think it could have been removed by mistake. About a month ago Shane wanted the listings cleaned up saying that there were haunts on there that are not open any more. larry didn't want to remove any for this is what could happen. I would e-mail larry to find out for sure. I myself just made a new listing, I took mine down because I was not sure that I would be doing a haunt this year but the Great Pumpkin was good to me.lol. I'm sure it was just a mistake. Good to see that you are still at it for the kids.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Larry

Cleaned up this sight a few months back. I myself as well as others are glad he did. More than likely someone noticed that your haunt was not there anymore and he removed it. What I would do is take a few minutes and repost all your current info. I think its been said and I for one am for it that after Halloween the listings should be cleared and reposted each year. Anyway just repost it and I don't know where your from but congratulations on your new location. Shane
      sigpic

Comment

You know that has been done to my haunt many times, but I just let it pass and make another one, but Still, I have been wondering myself, why is this happening.?
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
          Cleaned up this sight a few months back. I myself as well as others are glad he did. More than likely someone noticed that your haunt was not there anymore and he removed it. What I would do is take a few minutes and repost all your current info. I think its been said and I for one am for it that after Halloween the listings should be cleared and reposted each year. Anyway just repost it and I don't know where your from but congratulations on your new location. Shane
          Shane, if you read what I wrote, I said I updated in February. So, obviously, my haunt WAS there, up and running. Removing me was a mistake.

The problem with reposting is that Larry's system goes by trackbacks. The amount of trackbacks determines how far up on the list you are under your state's page. I had hundreds of trackbacks which made me number two or three on the page. If I repost my site, I will be at the bottom. This is totally unfair since all those trackbacks were real ones and not the fakes ones people have been able to accumilate in the past.

Comment

Wow! That is AWful. Maybe Larry can give you back all the trackbacks to get you back where you were.

Comment

We did clean up the site but I didn't think we removed anything that was active. If we deleted your listing I'm very sorry! Accept my apology but it wasn't done on purpose.

You can make a new account in minutes.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

Larry
                She understands that, but what about all her trackbacks? Will she get them back somehow? Can you implement where she would show up on the listings?

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                  We did clean up the site but I didn't think we removed anything that was active. If we deleted your listing I'm very sorry! Accept my apology but it wasn't done on purpose.

Larry
                  Larry, I accept your apology. However, what is going to be done to get me where I was on the list before? Again, those were real trackbacks -- people went to my site, saw your logo and clicked thru. I even downloaded the mp3 of my 2007 radio spot on my haunt listing. I need to be where I was before....

Comment

Just a suggestion

But I see very few haunts that actually have the trackbacks you seem to be on of the few and there is nothing wrong with that. Have you contacted Larry about buying a banner ad? then you will always be in the top. Me and Larry dont see eye to eye on shows but on this one I am glad he cleaned the sight up. I am sorry yours was removed by mistake. Do you not check here on a regular basis? All this was cleaned up before Transworld. Anyway contact Larry about purchasing a banner ad. Just a helpful suggestion. Shane
                    Last edited by graystone; 06-27-2008, 05:24 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                      But I see very few haunts that actually have the trackbacks you seem to be on of the few and there is nothing wrog with that. Have you contacted Larry about buying a banner ad? then you will always be in the top. Me and Larry dont see eye to eye on shows but on this one I am glad he cleaned the sight up. I am sorry yours was removed by mistake. Do you not check here on a regular basis? All this was cleaned up before Transworld. Anyway contact Larry about purchasing a banner ad. Just a helpful suggestion. Shane
                      Again, Shane.....

read my original post. I spoke about purchasing a banner and how now I'm not so sure. Those up at the top of the page didn't have to purchase a banner to be there, why should I? A banner was going to be the icing on the cake, not to compensate for what was taken from me. No, I'd like my listing back up there were it should be and then I will consider purchasing something further.

I'm pretty upset about this. I've always gotten fairly decent hits from haunted house online and then all of a sudden..zip! I need my site where it was for the hits and possible customers. Especially, now that we've moved. (The reason is a nightmare within itself)

Larry, don't let this be an appendage to my living nightmare. Agree to put my listing back up to number two or three on the page. Since deleting me was a mistake, it's the right thing to do.

Comment

Gwen, honey.... I think that what Larry is saying is that your info is gone and is unretrievable. Deleted... gone... I think what you should do, or I'd be more than happy to do it for you, is to set-up a new account and then from there Larry could take the new account and put it back in it's spot!

I hope this all works out for you, you put too much time into what you do to worry about something like this. -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
                          Gwen, honey.... I think that what Larry is saying is that your info is gone and is unretrievable. Deleted... gone... I think what you should do, or I'd be more than happy to do it for you, is to set-up a new account and then from there Larry could take the new account and put it back in it's spot!

I hope this all works out for you, you put too much time into what you do to worry about something like this. -Tyler
                          Sweetie, I was just in the process of creating another listing. My account is still there. It's my listing that's gone. Although, Larry has not agreed to put it up in the 2nd or 3rd spot, I hope that he will do the right thing and make it happen. You're right -- I have put in too much time to worry about this. And after the disaster that befell us last season, I need as many positive things happening for me as possible.

Comment

All done.

I've completed filling out my haunt listing once again. You will find it here:

The Scream Extreme

It is now seventh from the bottom instead of second from the top as it should be.

Larry, the ball, as they say, is now in your court......

Comment

Empress,

I can't add back what is not there. I didn't erase your profile on purpose and if I did it was by accident. Once you go in and create a new profile you can add videos, photos, logos, and everything else.

You're just creating a new profile. I can add views back to your profile or trackbacks to get it listed higher but that is all I can do...you do the rest.

Several weeks ago we deleted about 200 accounts if they had bad URLS...in other words if we clicked on your profile and the website you listed did not work we deleted your account. We deleted NO others unless it was by mistake.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X