HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: has anyone heard of this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default has anyone heard of this? 
    I've just heard about a new haunted attraction back east called Buried Alive

The guests are taken into a large room and sealed in. Then plastic play pen balls are dropped down from the ceiling filling the room to about 6 1/2 feet, well over most people's head. After everyone has been buried alive in plastic balls, the balls are removed by giant vacuums and recycled back to the top to await the next group of patrons.

Now that's innovative!

2. Default  
    dungeon of doom in grayslake IL has done that for the past 4? years...

Its a cool idea, but many people dont like being pegged it the head with the balls...

3. Default  
    agent man,
    Last year my wife and I went to visit her brother and his wife in Antioch, IL...near Chicago...
    We went through the Dungeon of Doom and the finale was exactly that...
    We were there on opening night and there were only a few of us so they made us lie down (normally you just stand)...
    What an experience...we didn't know what to expect beforehand, just that we'd be buried alive.
    I'd love to find out the schematics or where to purchase that effect and someday use it in my haunt (if it ever gets of the ground...NEXT YEAR!!!)

<link>www.dungeonofdoom.com</link>

Hope this helped!

Kirk :twisted:
    DARK DOMAIN HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.darkdomainhauntedhouse.com

4. Default  
    It's a super cool effect but... it was a bit gross and something happened all 3 times to me that made me think. As I said I've been through it 3 times (DoD is only 30 min. from where I live).

Twice we went on a rainy night and once on a dry night (note: all times, dressed apprpriately/warm for the weather)... people do have wet shoes and of course got some moisture and mud on the plastic balls... then you have people sneezing, breathing, etc on them when they are "buried." Then you have these things all over you and on your face. Probably not the most hygenic thing - but each time I got a bad cold a few days later. I'm not sure if they are washed every night or not, but all 3 times I got colds afterwards (within 2-3 days) - makes me think if it had anything to do with that.
    Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
    The White Star Farm
    "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

5. Default  
    How do they reset the effect? What sort of giant vacuum would handle balls? I was thinking you could just tilt the floor and let them all run out one side into a box that could then be lifted back up to dump them again.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

6. Default  
    In the most recent edition of Rue Morgue magazine they did a review on the Erebus haunted house. Apparently they also have this "buried alive" room. I thought this was a really neat and unique idea, but I guess I was wrong. There seems to have been multiple haunts using this idea for years.

7. Default  
    Thanks for the feedback guys (and gal)

Nicole: yeah, I didn't think about that whole hygenics thing. I guess they would have to do the same kind of maintainence and cleaning that the operators of children's playpens use - a mild detergent wash, I would think.

But the folks from DoD would be able to coment on that better than I would.

I was blown away when I heard about this. I would definately give it a try if I were out in IL.

8. Default  
    Hmmm...

I could be wrong about this, but I believe the Buried Alive effect was first created by the Asylum Experience in Berwyn, IL.
    Dr. Spooky Pants

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Spooky Pants
    Hmmm...

I could be wrong about this, but I believe the Buried Alive effect was first created by the Asylum Experience in Berwyn, IL.
    I know I read a review of Erebus about five years ago that mentioned the Buried Alive scene and said it was a reprisal of the Asylum Experience's scene. Adam from hauntedillinois.com could verify that.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

10. Default  
    Bhays, you are right. The Asylum Experience first did it way back in I wanna say 1999? im not sure on the year but I remember it clearly, we were standing, I was only in 6th grade so I dont remeber how high the balls were but they covered me, ha. I havent been to the DoD but from what I understand it causes a long backup with patrons, the Asylum limited the number of people a night and was more of an interactive experience, best haunted house ever!
    I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

Thread Information