I need a makeup tip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a makeup tip.

Ok guys, this year im going evil karnival clown status. And it turns out im wearing more makeup then i usually do. And its going to be hot as HELL. Any tips to help me keep my makeup from running?
    Thanks
    -Dr. Giggles

No Sweat

Hi Dr. Giggles,

I highly recommend the use of "No Sweat" by Mehron under your makeup! It's an antiperspirant made for the face. You can also use "Barrier Spray" by Mehron under your makeup and after you've applied it as an extra protectant.

Best regards,
    Neena
    Neena Collins | MidOhio Productions

Midwest Haunters Convention
    June 3-5, 2011 Columbus, Ohio
    www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Alright i will try that, thanks very much for the advice Neena.

-Dr. Giggles

Comment

I prefer Sweat Stop by Michael Davy. The many sweat stop products are out there and I have never had any problems with one brand or another. So brand choice my not be an issue....

Some thought.... you may want to test your local area for how your makeup runs on you with the product you are using. Some makeups, Wolfe Brothers for example, do an excellent job not getting sweat off. Also, for horror and clowns the sweat / running on a face can add to the look. So you may want some things, blood for example, to run and slime into your clown base as the night wears on. Its all in what the look is you end up wanting..... Depending on how you are applying your makeup you can add a product like Mehron's Barrier Spray right into you liquid makeup airbrush mix and get a good stick / coated application all in one run.
        http://www.innerfears.com/
        http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Alright so pretty much any anti persperant will work fine? A friend of mine once said that if i put on the makeup then close my eyes and spray hairspray, it wont run. Will this work does anyone know?

Thanks!
          -Dr. Giggles.

Comment

You can use all kinds of alternatives in the makeup industry with an additional risk to them. I had read a post by someone on an SPFX board years ago that I thought was a good rule of thumb to think of when taking risks. The comment was something like, "Think of it as Tabasco sauce. Tabasco sauce in your mouth is tasty, get it on you skin and its a mild irritant, get Tabasco sauce in your eye and you'll beg for death.' So when trying to go cheap or take risks the closer you get to your face and eyes the better it is to spend a few extra bucks and buy a quality product.

Comment

Hahahaha, alright, thanks for the advice.

-Dr. Giggles

Comment

Maybe I'm a lil late but... you can also use baby powder. Just siff some lightly over the face after applying the make-up. You could do that simply by pouring the baby powder into a sock (clean reccomended) and tie the end of the sock in a knot so the powder can't escape into the extra space in the sock because there will be none. It should form a ball of powder at the end of the sock that looks much like a hackie-sack. Now gripping the knot you will bounce the ball of powder in the air over the face (without touching face) and let the baby powder lightly fall over the make-up. This keeps the make-up from running when you sweat. So if you use a sweat resistant make-up and the baby powder lightly coated over the make up applied, then surely you'll be fine.

Comment

Nah never to late for good advice.
                  Thanks!

-Dr. Giggles

Comment

Ok guys got a problem, the haunt manager wanted to see what i looked like in full makeup and it was a hot as hell day so i put on the anti perspirant....all my makeup ran like insane so...yeah it didnt work out very well...any other ideas?

Thanks!

-Zackary J

Comment

May need the answers to a few questions to help.

What product did you use? A basic antiperspirant isn't going to work as well as some of the products especially for this use.

What brand of makeup are you using on top of your base? Did you seal or powder you makeup?

In the ten plus years I have been doing this I have run into one or two people who could sweat through these products and even wash straight grease paint from their face with their sweat. Never tried the Bloody Mary military stuff but if this is you, you might be in for a hard time finding a makeup you don't "push off" with you sweat. Though with real clown makeup, and the classic clown powder in a sock dusting, you should be able to reapply the powder with the sock and go all day.

Comment

Oh alright, see i didnt use powder. Thats probably why. And yes i sweat like a maniac.

Thanks!

-Zackary J

Comment

Take it from someone who worked in an oven last season, wearing an insane amount of make-up, as well as a latex piece on their chest every night. The best thing I found, as crazy as it sounds, is that gel antipersperant you can buy at the drugstore, the stuff that is borderline prescription strength. Apply it to your face in a thin coat with a cotton ball, making sure to push it up into the hair line to prevent scalp sweat from running down in to your make-up. Let the gel dry, then apply the make-up over top of it. Once the make-up is on, apply a good barrier spray over top of it. As for putting something made for underarms on your face, as long as you wash your face well and apply a good moisturizer afterwards, you should be just fine. Hope this helps!

Comment

Aqua net.

Did a Joker and Harley for the DK premiere, weather was in the 90s. Makeup survived the weather for 6 hours--including Harleys mad leaps on the Joker.

Used it on the haunt last year--we were sweltering. But the makeup held.

I'm gonna try it combined with an anti-perspirant this year--and be sure to get a real antiperspirant--most of those labeled as such are more deodorant than antiperspirant.

But Aqua Net worked all by itself.

Or, you could try alchohol based makeup

Comment

It's not so much the sweat that made the makeup run - it was the heat - a combination of the ambient temperature and the heat from your body.

Your best bet would be having the makeup airbrushed. The colors are bright, long lasting and are applied in a very thin layer. And they don't run.
                              Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Working...
                              X