Don't lose your head- it's just BATMAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't lose your head- it's just BATMAN

Teen reportedly decapitated at Six Flags in Ga.
    The youth reportedly climbed over a fence and was hit by Batman ride

AUSTELL, Ga. - Cobb County police are investigating a death at Six Flags over Georgia in which a teen-age boy reportedly was decapitated, according to WXIA television in Atlanta.

Authorities told the NBC affiliate's Web site, 11Alive.com that around 2:30 p.m. that the boy was decapitated when he was struck by the Batman ride, a coaster at the amusement park that can travel as fast as 50 miles per hour. The park is just west of Atlanta.

According to a Six Flags representative, a group of young people jumped over a perimeter fence near the Batman ride as it was coming. The teen was then struck and killed.
    The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported on its Web site, ajc.com, that the teen's family was at the park with him when the accident occurred.

"We do not know why this person was intent on gaining access to this restricted area, as multiple signs clearly state: Danger Zone/Do Not Enter/Authorized Personnel Only," park spokeswoman Hela Sheth said in a statement reported by the Web site.

"Some witnesses have stated that the individual was trying to retrieve something he had lost," Sheth said. "Others reported that he was trying to touch the ride. This is merely speculation at this point, and we are working with park visitors and local police to learn more."

No one on the ride was injured, Sheth said in the statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family," the Six Flags statement said. Cobb County police declined to confirm reports that the teen was decapitated, according to the newspaper Web site.

According to Six Flags' Web site, the coaster was first introduced in 1997 and is close to 11 stories tall. It includes two vertical loops, two corkscrews and a heartline spin that produces a "feeling of weightlessness."

source = http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25431893/&GT1=43001

I saw this and felt bad for the boy and his family. Unfortunately, the first thing I thought was that the family is already planning ways to spend the money they will get in the lawsuit. Someone please tell me I am wrong.

Comment

I doubt you'd have any case what so ever... what is Six Flags suppose to do put up electric fences to keep people from jumping over not one but two fences?

The guy is an idiot for attempting something like that, no jury could award them a dime for a bonehead move like that.

I think what happened is terrible but man that is why they had fences up and signs. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

THIS IS SORT OF LIKE THE TOTALLY AUTOMATED ORDER PICKING WAREHOUSE FOR NAILS AND SCREWS. ONE NIGHT AN EMPLOYEE OF THE PLACE WENT IN TO STEAL A FEW NAILS OR SCREWS AND THE ROBOTIC ORDER PICKING MACHINES HAD NO SOFTWARE OR WAY OF KNOWING WHO OR WHAT HE WAS.
        HE GOT KILLED , RUN OVER BY THE ROBOT.
        THE PLACE HAD ALOT OF SECURITY FENCES, SIGNS.

(I JUST FOUND THE CAPS BUTTON! iSN'T IT NEAT!)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Really Larry it was a Boneheadless move HAHA. I'm sick , And the irony is he went in for his hat. Sounds like a tombstone at the Haunted Mansion.

Comment

I'm betting his 2008 Halloween Costume as the Headless Horsemen will win numerous accolades.

Comment

Working...
            X