Screamer's in Omaha, NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screamer's in Omaha, NE

I just got a flyer in the mail from Ka-Boomers Warehouse and on the last page has an ad for Screamers haunted house its produced by Ka-Boomers Enterprises, in association with Designtek Illusions. It opens Sept. 26 and it states that its voted #1. I was just wondering if anyone plans on going or if anyone has been to this haunt?

Screamer's in Omaha.

I have a few thoughts for you on Screamer's. Last year was their very first year. As far as being voted #1, I am not aware of any type of voting system for haunted houses in Omaha. I own The Shadow's Edge here in Omaha. This year will be our 6th and I am great friends with the other premier attractions in town, namely Mystery Manor, Scary Acres and of course The Shadows Edge!! Last year, in the spring, I received an e-mail from Designtek Illusions. This was before I had even heard of a new haunted house in the area. The gentleman I spoke with was trying to get info on my haunt and my sponsors. He wanted to know what our sponsors did for us. He told me Designtek Illusions was a marketing company that was interested in getting involved with The Shadow's Edge. He said they could handle t-shirts and posters and things like that. I told him we had all that handled and he quickly ended the conversation. It was a few months later that I found out he was one of the parties involved with this new haunted house, Screamers. Mark from Mystery Manor was approached the same way. He wasn't very truthful about who he was and I thought that was pretty lame. We went to their haunt on their opening weekend last year and he wouldn't even come out and talk with me. He also sent one of his "people" out to tell us that we were not getting in free, which was the last thing on my mind. I have no problem paying my way in anywhere. As for the attraction, it was ok. I really think he lacked the human element. They had very few actors and must have spent a couple HUNDRED GRAND with Scarefactory. My first impression is that he is in it to make a buck. If they plan on sticking around he should think about being a little more honest and maybe making friends with the other haunts in the area.
    Scott Murphy- Owner/Operator www.theshadowsedge.com KICKING & SCREAMING!!!

Comment

Sounded interesting so I just did a google search to see if I could find the flyer. I couldn't find it but did see an application to sell fireworks with 1/2 price in the name. That seems deceptive since everyone gets them from the same place and charges almost identical prices.

It's always nice to start your new businesses with everyone thinking you are a liar.

Comment

Working...
      X