I'd like to hear some Feed back and Critique regarding this prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to hear some Feed back and Critique regarding this prop

I recently posted this prop I made for sale on the trade post and I've receive lots of nice comments.

I was wondering if I could ask people to give more feedback on this prop I just posted recently. To be more specific here's the sort of information I'm looking for:

- is the piece too realistic in a disturbing way for most haunts?
    - is the piece reasonably priced?
    - is this just another gory body and are people looking for something different?
    - any other ideas, thoughts, comments, critiques or whatever is welcomed

This is the best way I can improve on my next prop if I hear about what others in the haunt industry like/dislike. We all have different ideas/vision of what makes for cool haunt and I'd love to hear peoples thought on this.

All comments are greatly appreciated,

Mike Sneath

Mike

I think you did a great job on it man. Price? well you know how much time and effort you put into it. Gorey? no I love it! Keep it up man your on to something! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Mike,

I think the prop looks great!!! Your very talented and you need to keep doing what your doing! I'm actually looking forward to seeing what else you can do! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Omg

Taylor your even using Larrys lines now damn you got it bad." I am actually looking forward to seeing what else you can do" Larry has said that many times. Lord you have it bad. Mike again looks great man! Shane
        Last edited by graystone; 07-01-2008, 05:29 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

HOLY SMOKES!!! that prop is awesome. I really like the detail work and how gross looking it is. I think this prop is a winner!
          ~Bill Mlinac
          The Deadland Haunted House
          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

ok, first I will say great job. I envy you on ur talent to make something so realastic looking.
            I tend to analize stuff at times......the face is great...all smashed and splattered,but in mu opinion the break line from the face to skull doesnt blend enough for that....uas said this is just my opinion, highly dobt anyone would notice, but for a more realstic effect bring the gore back more onto the skull and expose more gore. just my 2 cents.
            Either way i love it and like the talent u have. I dont have a haunted house so cant comment on price, although i think its very fair for a life size and looking prop.

Comment

It looks disgustingly great to me. It has just the right amount of gore without going too overboard. You obviously have talent in creating gorey props. You should create some more and sell, sell, sell.
              Spooky Wishes
              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

It looks really food, but I don't think the head wound matches all the others. Maybe a different name, based on the head: Acid Attack, perhaps? The wounds on the body look more like slashes.

If you are going to sell them, maybe write up a description of what might have happened to the victim and how it could be used in a variety of haunts. You have done a great job with the product; now you just have to work on the marketing aspects, which are just as important if not more so.

Comment

Sorry, I'm typing in the dark. That should have been It looks really GOOD, not food. That would be disgusting.

Comment

awesome! one of the best gory props i have seen in awhile
                    Sean De Wane
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    The De Wane Asylum
                    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

the story behind this prop

ShawnC on this thread mentioned about creating a background story to what this prop is about which is something I did but I neglected to post it on this site. I also post on deviantart.com and this was the blurb I wrote.

I'll never forgive myself for leaving her alone but we needed some supplies. I was returning and I knew something was horribly wrong as her shrilling screams cut thru the night air. I ran as fast as I could only to find three zombies clawing her apart and she was still struggling. I don't even want to talk about this anymore, I fought them off but I was too late!! Why!!! God help me. This is all that is left of her. All I can do now is to let others know not to make the same mistake or this could happen to you. Never leave anyone alone!

ShawnC also pointed out that there are some differences in the wounds. Ding, ding another excellent comment. Yes there are slashes and clawing on the body because my idea was she was attacked by zombies or a beast of some sort. She was rescued but it was too late. Looking at the peace now I agree that the clawing/slashing of the body was carried more consistently over the whole body the prop would have a stronger "theme" to it.

All good points to make note of for my next piece. I don't know what's that is yet.

Thanks
                      Mike

Comment

Mike,

That sounds pretty good! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

My first thought when I saw it (her?) was The Fly. Remember when Jeff Goldbloom spit up the stomach acid on that guy and dissolved his appendages?

Actually, as I think about it, the wounds give you more options for use as a prop. It could fit in with a wide variety of scenes/haunts.

Shawn

Comment

I think it is awesome!

Great job!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment