• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Press Release

For Immediate Release - July 1, 2008

TransWorld Exhibits, Inc. Moves 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show
    to the America’s Center in St. Louis
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Venue Selected in Response to Growth of Haunt Industry

(Northfield, IL) – In an exciting move, TransWorld Exhibits, Inc. announced its decision to move the 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show (HauntShow) to St. Louis, Missouri, at the America’s Center, March 27 – 29, 2009.

Previously held in conjunction with TransWorld’s International Halloween, Costume & Party Show (HCPShow), the HauntShow will stand on its own in St. Louis, Missouri, giving the buyers and vendors of the Haunt community convenient access to the industry’s #1 trade show in a business environment created just for them.

“After extensive market research and input from vendors and buyers alike, we decided to spin-off the 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show and have it stand alone in a Midwest location that is central to the greatest number of participants in this industry,” said Joe Thaler, chairman and chief executive officer of TransWorld Exhibits, Inc., owner of the show. “The Haunt industry continues to grow with advances in special effects, animatronics, sound & lighting, and props. More and more, these products are used in venues on a year-round basis whether it is in a theme park, theatrical production or a haunted house. This growth within the industry demands a stand-alone trade show dedicated solely to the Haunt industry,” Thaler continued. “St. Louis is the perfect gateway to a marketplace where the Haunt community can come together.”

The complete schedule of activities for the 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show in St. Louis will be announced in the coming weeks. Highlights of the show will include:

• New product introductions from the industry’s leading companies
    • Extensive seminar programming
    • Networking events and competitions
    • Special events and tours, and much more

The TransWorld International Halloween, Costume & Party Show will continue to host a Haunt Pavilion as Haunt products are also fundamental to the celebration of the Halloween season and the buyer of Halloween and
    seasonal merchandise. The HCPShow will take place March 6 – 9, 2009 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas.

Special exhibit packages are available for exhibitors that wish to participate in both the St. Louis and Las Vegas events.

For more than 60 years, TransWorld Exhibits has been a leading producer of independent trade shows. The business, which had its roots in the housewares and consumer electronics industry, has over the years expanded its offerings to include general merchandise, Halloween merchandise, giftware, seasonal items, luxury merchandise, jewelry, fashion and accessories. The firm runs trade shows in Chicago, Las Vegas, and St. Louis.

For more information on attending or exhibiting, please call 800-323-5462 or 847-446-8434 for international calls. Information is also available at www.hauntshow.com and www.hcpshow.com.

"After extensive market research" - AKA: Phone calls to Larry

"• New product introductions from the industry’s leading companies
    • Extensive seminar programming
    • Networking events and competitions
    • Special events and tours, and much more"

-So how is this show any different from MHC or Hauntcon besides the date and location? Wasn't the point of this change to be a haunt buyer/seller show without all the jazzy extras? Looks like its pretty much the same to me.

If we really want to ban together as a haunt community we will boycott the Transworld show, let them fold and focus all our attention to MHC and make that the show to attend!
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Thanks for posting this info. But I do not want to go 2 shows even though I buy from both sides. It was convienent as 1 show.

Comment

Wow Im hoping this for real! I cant wait! Great job Larry!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Sean

You said it all. But then again its really no surprise!!!! Well I told Barry that Dabbs Productions and Graystone Manor would pay to be a sponcer for the 2009 MHC show! So I am off to Texas for the Halloween show and then to Ohio for the Haunt Show. Transworld and Larry will be a good team together! When it folds they can blame each other!!! The only thing that made TransWorld great to me was the only Halloween/Haunt show out there! So now they have nothing to offer me anyway. Larry no hard feelings I just hope everything you have told all your followers is true because they won't blame TransWorld they are going to blame YOU! Also DO NOT RIP THESE PEOPLE OFF TO SEE YOUR HAUNT!! Charge what you would normally charge at Halloween! Larry, TransWorld I wish you both all th best! Sean count me in on the boycott I think Paul and some others will join in too! Larry nothing really to you but TransWorld just nailed the last nail in their coffin! Tim thanks for the info! Shane
          Last edited by graystone; 07-01-2008, 03:21 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry but it doesn't matter where the show is the fact it is going to be two shows it is going to fail. Vendors will get half the people seeing their items if they only attend one show. If they decide to do both the cost obviously just doubled.

Comment

From what I understand, there was NO DECISION made to break the 2 entities apart. The retail costumers broke themselves apart when they decided to start up their own show in Houston and NOT invite us along. The retail costume vendors never ever seemed to like us from the start...remember.?.?
              Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
              www.HauntWorld.com
              www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
              www.FindHauntedHouses.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
              It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Let's just hope this location stays and is final. I don't want to come on here next week and read that Transworld is back in Vegas for 2009.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

About time!!! See you all in St. Louis! -Tyler
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The show will be fine. If the vendors are there the buyers will be there. No one is going to ban together and boycott, that would be stupid and gain nobody anything. We should welcome a haunt only show that we can all help make huge and don't come back and say we should just support MHC because I am sure that show is really good but it doesn't look like they are interested in moving it up and June-July is too late to have the only haunt show. We should support this move because it is the right thing to do for our industry.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Bull S##T

Mind have you not looked around? It seems you and Tyler are taking turns placing your heads up Larry's butt! We already have a several Haunt only shows DAMN! MCH, HAUNTCON, EHC, AND SEVERAL SMALLER SHOWS! TransWorld had the best of both worlds Halloween merchandise and Haunt related merchandise! I talked with a Major Vendor today But I will not call their names because they don't come here. Why? I don't know But they said something that hit the nail on the head with me. Why not Columbus? Thats where a few of the major vendors are so why not there. Also this Vendor stated that they felt like TransWorld would die out and MHC and the others would continue. They also stated with all the cost to show it was getting to where it was just not worth it. Also they stated that the internet was growing with orders and they could place video of their product right on the net and not cost them a dime! You know it really sit with me I think they are right. I suggested to them maybe we could go to a every other year show. That way they could work on new products and show more products every other year rather than yearly. They agreed it was a thought! Also if your going and part of your trip is to see haunts. Well correct me if I am wrong but will you not get tired of seeing the same Haunt every year? Again Larry, TransWorld good luck the final curtain will fall soon! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

So once again you have been talking to someone MAJOR but won't say who huh? STFU Shane!
                        Jared Layman

Comment

Jared

I told them I would not put it here but for the record here is my phone 256-710-0515 hell call collect I will be more than glad to tell you who it is and you can call them and they will be glad to tell you we talked. I can back up what I say. Jared I am serious people are talking your really sucking up and Tyler is right there with you. I will also tell you whos talking when you call. So if you want to know call me I have no problems telling you who it is! Hell give me your number I will call you. Then after you talk to me and call them then come back here and delete the STFU post because I would have proven I back up what I say. I am here now waiting. Jared I do more than talk I can PROVE! NOW if you don't want to hear then you STFU! Shane
                          sigpic

Comment

Patti, you are correct. Rubie's basically forced the seperation of the Halloween and Haunt shows.

MHC and Hauntcon are great shows - I've exhibited at both numerous times and have good relationships with both Barry and Leonard - but they are more conventions not tradeshows. There is a huge difference between the two. However, it is important to understand that both these shows have a really important role in all this as they serve as sort of a springboard for new companies to break into this industry.

What Transworld is trying to do here is create a HauntShow that is an expanded, stand alone trade show for our specific industry that will be quite different than what any of us have known before.

If our industry is to grow, we need to bring in more buyers from other markets that can use our product. We're talking buyers from agri-tainment ventures like corn mazes and pumpkin patches. We're talking about buyers from amusement parks and family fun centers all across the country that put on seasonal Halloween events. We're talking about bringing in new vendors too so that this new show basically becomes a haunt industry version of IAAPA but without the roller coasters.

Also, for Shane and others, understand that this is NOT the Larry show. This is Tranworld's show. Transworld is writing the checks, not Larry. Obviously Larry wanted this show in his hometown and he lobbied hard for that but ultimately the decision on location was determined through an anonymous vote by vendors of this industry and through input from several large buying groups.

Believe me when I say that Transworld has put a lot of checks and balances into place to ensure this show would and will continue to represent our entire industry.

While Larry and I don't always see eye to eye, I am mature enough to give credit where it is due. The idea of an expanded haunt show was Larry's idea and it was a damn good one. Many, many other locations were discussed and fought for before things finally settled on St. Louis. Transworld passed out cost comparison spread sheets to many vendors and those hard numbers on costs are what largely drove the vote for where this show should ultimately be.

Just because Larry was super vocal doesn't mean he had a lot of say in the final decision. It just means Larry is a proud haunt owner and he really, really wants an opportunity to show off his haunt. None of us should hold that against him because I doubt there is a haunt owner out there that would not have felt the same way were they in his shoes.

Seriously guys, this show can easily be a tremendous unifying factor for this industry. Let's not label this anyone's show other than Transworlds. To do anything else shows that you are uninformed of the facts and, in a certain sense, it helps divide this industry even more.

This show isn't about the power of personal politics, it's about creating a TRADESHOW for all of us so that our industry can get a more proportionate share of a mutimillion dollar market.

Christ, did i just defend Larry ?!!

Tim Turner
                            www.theghoulishgallery.com
                            Last edited by The Ghoulish Gallery; 07-01-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Shane

Oh ok so if you agree with someone on something you are sucking up? Well ok lets see I have agreed with you on issues in the past so wouldn't that mean I suck up to you as well? I agreed with The Ghoulish Gallery on this to so I guess I sucked up to him as well. And Nightgore and I must be sucking up to eachother because since we agree with EVERYTHING Larry says we are also agreeing with eachother so obviously we are sucking up there as well. Oh and I how could I forget that I am sucking up to Patti too. Oh and Bill my own haunt partner I get to suck up to him all the time. I gave you my number via private message you can feel free to call me as well but give me a chance to get a glass of water first because my mouth and lips are awefully dry now.
                              Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                              X