Transworld Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
    Empress, I think there should be a difference between home and pro haunters, the only commonality is that we all scare and entertain people. Pros put tens or hundreds of thousands of $$ and our name, reputation, and more on the line every year. Home haunters do some amazing work but the differences are many. There needs to be a pro haunt association, as there is already a home haunt one. Should home haunters get the same treatment in the industry as pros?

Allan
    Allan, I wasn't talking about organizations. I wrote about the coming together at Transworld Larry mentioned in his earlier post. And before I can answer your question: What kind of "treatment" are you talking about?
    Should home haunters be excluded from Transworld?

Comment

Empress, absolutely not of course they should be permitted. Maybe Larry referred coming together to all the haunted attractions out there, the pro ones. There needs to be more alliance within our community before we open it to all I think. Wouldn't you agree?

Allan

Comment

First let me say that I have never been to a trade show and in fact this will be our first year charging admission to our haunted trail. I am how ever steeped like a tea bag in things that are going on in the haunt industry (you should be if you want to make a business of it) Way back when I was posting on Haunt Freaks, a site that is no more, people talked about the costume and party people. I say see ya and no lost. The haunt iindustry is no longer the red headed step child of the costume and party people AND WE MUST MAKE THIS WORK! THey didn't want us are we going to put the icing on the cake for them and have this fail? I will be going to my first trade show in ST. Louis, I can't drop 40 grand but I will spend some money and have fun doing it.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Home haunters do some amazing work but the differences are many.
          BTW, you wanna know what the difference between home haunters and the "Pros" are? MONEY!

Comment

In many ways it is money Empress. But money and success opens doors that would otherwise be closed. One you take the leap an roll the dice and make it happen, you have graduated and took the next step. I'm sure some one time home haunters who took the leap of faith and went pro would rather be viewed on the hard earned level of his/her peers, as a professional. It's called progress. Nearly anyone can do a yard haunt, but not nearly everyone can do it professionally.

Allan

Comment

In many ways it is money Empress. But money and success opens doors that would otherwise be closed. One you take the leap an roll the dice and make it happen, you have graduated and took the next step. I'm sure some one time home haunters who took the leap of faith and went pro would rather be viewed on the hard earned level of his/her peers, as a professional. It's called progress. Nearly anyone can do a yard haunt, but not nearly everyone can do it professionally.

Allan
              My Dear Allan.....

I owned a home haunt for many years. I know about that leap of faith and the rolling of the dice to become "pro". That makes me a hybrid, if you will and I will push for those that haunt from their homes as well as the "pros." BUT, to be a part of a show that determines their attendees purely on where they choose to haunt I'd rather not be a part of.

So, I'm asking again because I'm sure there are others out there that want to know -- Will the Home Haunters be included in this new Transworld Haunt Show?
              Last edited by Empressnightshade; 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

That I can't answer but maybe someone else can for you.

Also, the vast majority started off as a home haunter in some capacity.

Allan

Comment

I think we got away from the topic of this thread. Although, I DO think this new topic is interesting and could be it's own topic. I think Allan would agree that for attendance at a show, all buyers are welcome, home-haunters and pro-haunters alike. I don't think he ever meant to mislead otherwise. I think he was discussing associations on a show thread is all. A bit off the topic, which is why there may have been confussion.
                  Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                  www.HauntWorld.com
                  www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                  www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                  It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

First off, I have to say...awww, schucks Gwen, you can come by any time you want and make me smile.

Now onto the business of the show....

1. This is not a regional show. Think of this as the Haunt show in Vegas/Chicago transplanted to St. Louis. This is the ONLY show you will find all the biggest vendors.

2. People have said 'why can't the vendors go to Hauntcon of MHC?'
                    No disprespect to either show or the producers of those shows...I think they both put out a fantastic product that is vital to the survival of this industry. They do no, however, bring in the kind of buyers that keep most of us vendors in business. Transworld does.

3. This show is not for all vendors. It is for the vendors that are at the point financially and experience-wise that can provide a safe, quality product to the professional market. Hauntcon amd MHC are more cost-effective shows to exhibit at and are where the next generation of vendors should be coming from. Plus, some of the biger vendors find these shows profitable as secondary marketing tools.

4. Houston is a non-issue. Yes, we have co-habitated with the wholesale show for a long time, but that had stop at some point. Houston is an off-shoot of that industry sector and has no long term value to the haunt industry.

5. There is no Larry Show. Stop calling it that. By doing so, you are insulting all of us that have been working so hard on this.

I will be signing my show contract as soon as they are made available. I know that most big vendors will be doing the same. We are committed to this show. We are involved in this show....and we will take this show to a new level.
                    Mark McDonough, president
                    Creative Visions
                    (314) 776-3939
                    (314)772-8146- fax

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Ludwinski View Post
                      I think we got away from the topic of this thread. Although, I DO think this new topic is interesting and could be it's own topic. I think Allan would agree that for attendance at a show, all buyers are welcome, home-haunters and pro-haunters alike. I don't think he ever meant to mislead otherwise. I think he was discussing associations on a show thread is all. A bit off the topic, which is why there may have been confussion.
                      Patti, I disagree. This thread is suppose to be about the future of our Transworld Show. Discussing who is welcome there is part of that future.

Mark, you are a sweetheart! You treated me with respect when all I could afford to buy were two little sensors. That's something I will NEVER forget. Just you wait -- let me have a great season this year...........

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Ludwinski
                        I'm not sure I understand what you're disagreeing with me on.?
                        Patti,

at this point it doesn't even matter.

Carry on.....

Comment

Patti,

please let me apologize. I completely read your posting incorrectly. Damn...does that mean I'm not perfect?! Saints preserve us!

Comment

Patti, thanks for clarifying that was my point exactly.

Allan

Comment

Kip-

"We planned this show and got TW to agree to it. We had other options lined up if they backed out. Believe me...that's a fact."

So after all the posts saying this isn't the "Larry show" its transworlds, you admitting it is indeed the "Larry show" with the backing of transworld....

In a post before Larry said this was the only place available to hold the show in 2009. I'll bet a million dollars I can call somewhere in Orlando and get a show booked around the same time just as cheap. The ONLY reason it is in St. Louis is because it saved YOU GUYS $$ being in your home town, and you can show off Larry's baby, "The Darkness." and you all wonder why so many people don't agree with Larry...
                              Sean De Wane
                              ----------------------------------------------
                              The De Wane Asylum
                              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean, You're misreading Kip's post. The vendors who voted wanted this show and wanted it in St. Louis...So St. Louis it is. However, TW wasn't fully on board until this week. What Kip is saying is that the vendors had other options for show promoters in mind NOT for alternative cities in mind. (TW isn't the only show promoter out there.) At this point, buyers can either choose to back your haunt vendors and support them in this show or not.
                                Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                                www.HauntWorld.com
                                www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                                www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                                It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Working...
                                X