No announcement yet.

Transworld Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAAAAAAAAAAAH ...Thank dog I have been sick sooo much the past 4 months....
    ....will...not....kill....with....mental....powers .....
    Originally posted by MMManiac View Post
    Kip-

"We planned this show and got TW to agree to it. We had other options lined up if they backed out. Believe me...that's a fact."
    Lets address this once and for all, the We that this was refering to is the HHVA, a 60+ member strong block of vendors - we were ready to do what we believe we need to do to guarantee the survival of the haunt industry with a buyers/vendors show. Kip, happens to be a member.

KSo after all the posts saying this isn't the "Larry show" its transworlds, you admitting it is indeed the "Larry show" with the backing of transworld....
    This IS NOT the Larry SHOW, this is the HAUNT SHOW, period.
    TW, is hosting it, so it will the 14th TW HAUNT SHOW.
    Coincidentally it will be in the town Larry lives, and Mark, and Kip, and a bunch of yahoos who do not know how to get out of a damned flood plain.

In a post before Larry said this was the only place available to hold the show in 2009. I'll bet a million dollars I can call somewhere in Orlando and get a show booked around the same time just as cheap.
    WE (defined above) offered a number of locations, primarily "2nd tier" cities that should be viable selections. Yes St Lu was an option. Honestly, with how Chicago was courting this I thought the show was going to be back there. But the final decision was made after polling an equal number of randomly selected (ie unknown to the aforementioned WE, Larry or anyone else!) vendors and buyers, from All levels of the industry, to get a concensus, for a majority opinion.

The ONLY reason it is in St. Louis is because it saved YOU GUYS $$ being in your home town, and you can show off Larry's baby, "The Darkness." and you all wonder why so many people don't agree with Larry...
    NO, it will save what ....3-4 home town vendors money , big f-ing deal! There are no less that 60 PRE-commited vendors who will stick suck up the expense of going to SOMEWHERE the show is located.

IMO, it did not matter if it was St Lu, Chi-town, KC, Cinci, Louisville or where ever, they all cost me roughly the same, what mattered is will the BUYERS attend. If it was moved to Cleveland would it be the Corey Show? Come on now!

Yes, the costs are down - you have no idea how much these shows add to the bottom line of our businesses, how much TIME we must commit to presenting there.
    MinionsWeb will take advantage of the lower booth space and spend MORE money to increase the booth space to bring YOU new products, and show them in a way YOU might actually F-ing notice them.
    2 years we have been bringing the sweetest tombstones around and no one bothers to come in the tent once they see spider webs hanging 50ft about their heads.
    Hell, I wont go into the other 3 new lines no one notices......

As far as the show emerging from the dust that will be the HCPshow - there was a ton of input - WE (remember above?) TW, Larry, IAHA, Leonard, and god knows how many others.

As far as I am concerned, TWLV, deadernadoornail, may attend Houston, but I guarantee MinionsWeb and most of your favorite suppliers will be at TWSL For HauntShowXIV

Your REAL friendly neighborhood spiderman
    GoryCorey
    See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

• On To Viva-st-louis !!!

TW is THE show as Randy Bates, Ben Armstrong, Larry, and many others have stated. And I agree. And we will have the show we have deserved for a long time, our own TW.

Congrats to Larry as he will make a lot of money now that the TW show is in his hometown (deservedly so for the show and effort). And we will see the timed ticketing idea in action. Will there be a lights on at teh end of the night? Our crew now knows Atlanta and North Carolina are in our road trip schedule for this September as we will see the Darkness in March.

Congrats to TW for seeing the opportunity for St Louis as they have missed several others in the past. And they have visited MHC last month and as we all do, captured some ideas for the TW show. Probably will tarnish the business/trade show image only it had with the new Crowne Plaza, tours, and competitions. But it is what the attendees want, and the customer (money) should be right, RIGHT?

We will be there as usual in St Louis. Houston and Vegas will get by without our $$.

A couple of questions. Will the HHA events be scheduled before or after IAHA events are set? I am a member of both and will resent a conflict of schedules, by happenstance or intentioned.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

• Entertainment at Haunt Show St Louis

Brett,
        thank you very much for your post.

we need to start a thread for this.
        But we need to determine what events need to happen to make everyone happy.
        We will be finding a "Crowne"
        Mark Mcdonough is working on this right now since it is his home town/ I am sure Kip will help him find a supportive locale.

So, we need to get the Darkness tour, IAHA, Leonard, and Barry together to work on developing some things that are both informative and entertaining. But primarily network oriented.

THE HHVA would love to have the buyers input on this and we will present it to transworld at our next Advisory board meeting.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Jerry here:

I fought this new show like nobody else. I thought TW in LV was great. It was driving distance for me and I picked up new buyers from the LV area as well as nationwide.

But many long discussions with Larry, Kevin, TW and many others led me to believe that TW LV is indeed on their last year. We had to do something. So SkullTroniX is going to the new St Louis show. Eventually I hope HHVA will produce our own show.

SkullTroniX is made up of one guy with Lupus, 1 old dog and 1 young one, a supportive wife, a part time employee and a few outside developers. How many trade shows do you think I can attend and still have time to produce product and create new stuff? It takes a tremendous amount of organization and physical work to get to a trade show, set up and get back home again. Once a year is just fine with me.

TW has been good to me. They bring in the buyers and that is ALL that counts for me. My business is split half home, half pro. So I want to see you all at TW, not just the pros.

I'm hoping to meet you all in St. Louis (my birthplace) in 2009 (and nowhere else).

BTW, if you haven't ordered from your favorite vendors yet (wink, wink) time is running out for delivery before H day.

Best regards

Jerry Jewell, SkullTroniX
          916 600-2295
          ScaryU.com
          SkullTroniX.com

Comment

• Shane,

You know what if we remove posts from you and a couple other people then you could more clearly navigate and read posts from some pretty important people in this industry giving you facts as to why this show is so important. You love to muddy everything up clearly.

I will not profit from opening my haunt, however I will have my haunt ready to go for the following seasons in April! Is that a benefit to me...yes.

Is it a benefit to you to see the haunt in March? Yes.

Let me tell you right now, if I was in Philly right now and Terror Behind the Walls said to me... "Larry oh you are coming by, you know it is isn't October, we don't have all of our actors in place, but, if you pay $50.00 for you and your friends, we'l ge the place ready and put actors in it for you'. I WOULD DO THAT IN A HEART BEAT! WHO WOULDNT??

I am going to open the Darkness and right now I have a figure of $50.00 per person to do this... I'm not opening the haunt for my season, for 40,000 people, I'm opening the haunt for several hundred. Big difference.

Secondly, and I know this is going to sound arrogant, but I don't need to open m haunted houses to make money. I can keep it closed. Shane our company does 15 to 20 projects per year all ranging from $60,000.00 to 1.2 million dollars...and that is per project. We just finished one project in Arkansas for $200,000.00, finished another a few weeks ago for $140,000.00, finished another in the winter over in London for 1.2 million. Dude I don't need to open my haunt to pay the electric bill. Don't need it.

Additionally I don't need to publish the magazine, or keep this website on line. If my company had stock holders, I would have been forced to sell off this NON-CORE business a long time ago. This is a pet project, funded by all the projects we build. I can assure you that all the cool tools and stuff this site features where NOT paid for by this industry buying banner ads. It was paid for by my haunted house in part, and doing projects more so han anything.

I one day hope that haunted house owners realize how important web marketing really is and jump on board. It just takes some time for everyone to realize it. This is a slow moving industry to accept change.

And now we have change again... and Shane you'll be here, and so will everyone else so I don't even know why we're debating all of this. I guess to continue the drama I don't know.

LARRY KIRCHNER WILL NOT OWN THE SHOW, he merely lives here, and will open his haunt simple as that. End of story.

This show is more about Gore Galores business and his future than it will ever be about mine... Gore Galore, Minions Web, Pale Night, and many others like them stake their futures 110% on this industry, not Larry Kirchner. I still own a house i this industry but moved out of it a long time ago...I think we still have a couple boxes laying around. LOL

STOP YOUR ATTACKS, STOP YOUR NONSENSE, you are doing nothing but hurting people like before mentioned NOT ME! Of all the tradeshows I bought booths at last year I bought less at the Halloween show than all the others...

This show is for every small vendor and up... I wanted to make this happen so even those small vendors can finally have no excuses why they can't take the leap forward! I want them all to be successful, and the role I play in promoting this show I will make sure that buyers come and more than ever before.

SMALL VENDORS this is your chance...

Buyers prepare for the best time you've ever had, and finally feel proud to have your own show.

Shane and others like him... stop being a problem, because this SEMI truck is driving through and no wooden barrier will stop this truck! We'll be crashing right through so you either want to get on board or you don't.

Really that simple.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Shane

How could you do that, you just put kip's life in danger, when tyler reads your post and finds out that Kip and Larry will be rolling around in bed together, will devistate him with irreversible long term affect.

Remember the story of the astronaut that drove all night, The police account of the events leading to the arrest, which happened yesterday, include a wig and a trench coat, pepper-spray and a 900-mile drive in diapers, all to confront Colleen Shipman, an engineer at the 45th Launch Support Squadron at Patrick Air Force Base near Cape Canaveral. Ms. Nowak apparently believed that Ms. Shipman was a rival for the affections of Navy Cmdr. William Oefelein, pilot of the Discovery for its flight last December.

here's the link http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...es-of-passion/

Shane you will be responsible if anything happens to kip, that was a bad move on your part, Tyler is probably in route to St louis as we speak,><

Kip run for your life!><

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Shane,

You know what if we remove posts from you and a couple other people then you could more clearly navigate and read posts from some pretty important people in this industry giving you facts as to why this show is so important. You love to muddy everything up clearly.

I will not profit from opening my haunt, however I will have my haunt ready to go for the following seasons in April! Is that a benefit to me...yes.

Is it a benefit to you to see the haunt in March? Yes.

Let me tell you right now, if I was in Philly right now and Terror Behind the Walls said to me... "Larry oh you are coming by, you know it is isn't October, we don't have all of our actors in place, but, if you pay $50.00 for you and your friends, we'l ge the place ready and put actors in it for you'. I WOULD DO THAT IN A HEART BEAT! WHO WOULDNT??

I am going to open the Darkness and right now I have a figure of $50.00 per person to do this... I'm not opening the haunt for my season, for 40,000 people, I'm opening the haunt for several hundred. Big difference.

Secondly, and I know this is going to sound arrogant, but I don't need to open m haunted houses to make money. I can keep it closed. Shane our company does 15 to 20 projects per year all ranging from $60,000.00 to 1.2 million dollars...and that is per project. We just finished one project in Arkansas for $200,000.00, finished another a few weeks ago for $140,000.00, finished another in the winter over in London for 1.2 million. Dude I don't need to open my haunt to pay the electric bill. Don't need it.

Additionally I don't need to publish the magazine, or keep this website on line. If my company had stock holders, I would have been forced to sell off this NON-CORE business a long time ago. This is a pet project, funded by all the projects we build. I can assure you that all the cool tools and stuff this site features where NOT paid for by this industry buying banner ads. It was paid for by my haunted house in part, and doing projects more so han anything.

I one day hope that haunted house owners realize how important web marketing really is and jump on board. It just takes some time for everyone to realize it. This is a slow moving industry to accept change.

And now we have change again... and Shane you'll be here, and so will everyone else so I don't even know why we're debating all of this. I guess to continue the drama I don't know.

LARRY KIRCHNER WILL NOT OWN THE SHOW, he merely lives here, and will open his haunt simple as that. End of story.

This show is more about Gore Galores business and his future than it will ever be about mine... Gore Galore, Minions Web, Pale Night, and many others like them stake their futures 110% on this industry, not Larry Kirchner. I still own a house i this industry but moved out of it a long time ago...I think we still have a couple boxes laying around. LOL

STOP YOUR ATTACKS, STOP YOUR NONSENSE, you are doing nothing but hurting people like before mentioned NOT ME! Of all the tradeshows I bought booths at last year I bought less at the Halloween show than all the others...

This show is for every small vendor and up... I wanted to make this happen so even those small vendors can finally have no excuses why they can't take the leap forward! I want them all to be successful, and the role I play in promoting this show I will make sure that buyers come and more than ever before.

SMALL VENDORS this is your chance...

Buyers prepare for the best time you've ever had, and finally feel proud to have your own show.

Shane and others like him... stop being a problem, because this SEMI truck is driving through and no wooden barrier will stop this truck! We'll be crashing right through so you either want to get on board or you don't.

Really that simple.

Larry
                Out of all things I have read from you, Larry (some I agreed, some I did not), I must say you have written this time with passion and conviction. I almost wanted to stand up and sing "God Bless America."

Well, I didn't. But, what it I did do is make up in my mind that I am going to give the very best damn show I possibly can for my guests this coming haunt season. I've decided that I want to learn about web marketing -- TEACH US PLEASE! Looking past the naysayers and those who cannot live without causing drama, I truly want to be a part of this industry if it is truly going to be as the picture you've painted above.

So....
                Send that semi on through! I'm a big mamma and my knees sometimes don't work too well, but if I have to hitch hike to catch up with that truck, I'll be there......

Comment

• Larry- amen to your last post!!!

I missied Vegas last year, and I hated it, but this year I will deffinately be there, and hopefully with more money than ever to spend!

Thanks for your hard work Larry.
                  Brad Bowen
                  Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post
                    Larry- amen to your last post!!!

I missied Vegas last year, and I hated it, but this year I will deffinately be there, and hopefully with more money than ever to spend!

Thanks for your hard work Larry.
                    Hey um, Brad....

I know a worthwhile charity you can donate one of those purchases to. LOL!

Comment

• Kip, Larry

Yall need to chill, calm down, take a deep breath, damn can any of you not take some fun and a good laugh? Sad really sad I freeking said I give in and will support it. Could I not add a final laugh. one for the road? Larry, Kip I was going to give this show my blessings!!! Now you have attacked me you took the laugh right out of ole Shane!!! Now I just don't know!!! Kip, Larry if you say your sorry and that you have missed me today I will think about it!!! Yes I been busy we got several fire works shows going on tomorrow night. Larry wow you make some good money I am impressed. I know Uncle Same must like you. I wish I had a company and had all that money! I am just a bum myself and right now don't even have any power I could not afford my light bill. Now for Kip ole sweet lil loving Kip. My friend maybe it was just fun or maybe someone has told ya a lil tid bit about ole Shane. But I will tell you this you may just get your wish in the ole Shane being a vendor thing. Only thing about that is you will not actually see me maning a booth just backing an up and coming vendor. You just might get your wish on some awsome props backed by the best hell raiser in the business. But by your statement Kip you been talking to someone. Can anyone keep a secret in this damn business? Larry if you want my support you got to say your sorry and you love me. I will think about it after tomorrow night! I might can get others to join if your nice to me. Shane and its hurt crying Shane this time!
                      Last edited by graystone; 07-04-2008, 05:02 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Please Shane, no crying allowed. The flood waters have not yet subsided across much of the midwest.
                        Knock! Knock!
                        "Whose there?"
                        U.S. Army Corps. of engineers, we have some sandbags to put under your eyes to stop the continued flooding, please open your door."
                        (If only the "Sandman" had done his job better!)
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                          Please Shane, no crying allowed. The flood waters have not yet subsided across much of the midwest.
                          Knock! Knock!
                          "Whose there?"
                          U.S. Army Corps. of engineers, we have some sandbags to put under your eyes to stop the continued flooding, please open your door."
                          (If only the "Sandman" had done his job better!)
                          ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Comment

• Kip

Are you peeking through the blinds everytime a car drives by.

Comment

• Is there any new news

That Kip and Larry wants to address on the home town boys show? Kip I was told that you will be splitting a booth with Larry so you two can save even more money can you verify that? Also can any of the home town boys put some of us buyers up at their house? Right now is looks to be costing about the same on air fair as Vegas. We just want to save money too. Remember the more we save the more you will get from us. So I have 12 coming to the show with me so who want's to host the slumber party? Here is the new Transworld Show Jingle!!! The St. Louis Haunt Show Is Here So Never Fear... Its Do Or Die In 2009... Larry and Kip Won't Have To Make The Trip.... As The Home Town Boys Will Make Some Noise.... The Darkness Will Open Rain Or Shine... Larry For Sure Will Suck Us Dry....When All Is Said And Done We Will See Them On The Run!!!!!!! As The Haunt Show Of 2009 Will Surley Make Us Cry!!!!LMAO don't ya just love it!!! Shane, And its got to find the humor in this TransWorld mess Shane this time!
                              Last edited by graystone; 07-07-2008, 10:24 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Has anyone

Has anyone heard from Kip, since tyler found out about the possible larry/kip bed scene, I've been concerned for the kippers safety, I hope all is well with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X