Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little view of my yard haunt (suggestions needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little view of my yard haunt (suggestions needed)

Alright so i descided to make a video showing a view of my yard haunt in sketchup
    not much detail but enough to show everyone im really looking for some suggestions
    keep in mind by budget isn't anything astounding so if anyone wants to help me out
    in any way it would help so much!!!

thx

here is the link to the youtube video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFC5CA5O-w

OMGGG!!!! this is the second attempt with uploading my video on youtube and it is messed up again!!!!!
    I'm to agrivated to deal with this again at the end of the second video i thanked everyone for watching
    and said i was open to any suggestions and that's about it

link part douce - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhdyE4VN0LU

i will have a video of my real back yard later
    Last edited by bainer132; 07-02-2008, 03:19 AM.

bainer,

first off I have to commend you on working with the program that you have. I could never master creating a floorplan on the computer. You're waaay ahead of me on that front.

Second, it's really essential that you choose a theme. Having a theme and a short storyline that supports that theme will make things a lot easier for you when it comes to scene decision making.

I do agree with you on not having the chainsaw scare at the end since your visitors from the last two years WILL be expecting it. What scare should you have? Again, that all comes down to your storyline and theme.

In choosing a theme, I always reach down into myself and think of different aspects of horror that has always attracted me. For example, I've always been attracted to the idea of living in the backwoods faaar away from everyone. Just me and the trees. Because of that, horror movies in forests give me goosepimples. So, this year I'm doing something about it by turning my haunt into a commune crawling with hillbilly cannibals.

I said all of that to say, reach inside you and pull out the different aspects of horror you enjoy. Perhaps that will help you to develop a theme and storyline.

Comment

I think you could do something like an underworld theme where the scenes start with a cave in the first maze with a werewolf and killer bats then, in the big room you could have a Kingdom of the Dead type thing with bones in the corner, hanging heads, a throne at the end and possibly death panels for walls and in the second maze you could do a Devil's Kitchen with hanging bodies and have the chainsaw guy come out of the area between the fence and shed right at the exit.
      Mike Cirrincione
      Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
      MAC Productions presents:
      Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
      AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
      Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
      Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

I hear in your voice concern that some lay out or approach is exactly the same from year to year. You really shouldn't worry lke that. You have some skills that most do not. I had mamager with the walls up who couldn't draw where the walls were to plan what happens in each room.

Like wise, customers have been going about their lives for 11 months and to some degree a bit of familiarity will completely catch them off guard when what is in there and what interacts is not the same. The patrons over confidence brought down to total change is in fact something that makes even a small venue very scary, shatters their confidence.

No one is going to know the lay out like you do. You could throw a little traingular grid in there and a week later it will even catch you off guard of where you are.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

You know you can make a video directly from sketchup using animated scene sequences right? Just wondering if you knew that...might not be the best idea since you go into so much detail as you walk around the haunt...cool though! good job.
          Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
          [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Working...
          X