Making a jungle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a jungle

How many of you has had or has a jungle room in their haunt? I'm making one this year. How do you make it realistic? Basically I have a long hallway which leads to a room which is like a research outpost, and then a wider hallway. I have some camo netting for the walls and creppy cloths for the ceiling. I also have some limited foliage but it still looks, well fake... Unfortunately i Don't have pics yet to post, but just am interested in what some of you others have done.

Thanks for sharing your secrets!
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Sean,
    I have never built one but the good ones I have seen broke up the long straight hallway. Trees placed randomly along the sides and even out in the middle so people have to walk around them seemed to work really well. Another thing was changing the width and height of the hallway with some kind of panels. Bow some out from the sides and top to look like a mountainside or cliff overhang. I was in one that had rocks and an uneven path (high and low points) on the floor. Probably not a good idea if you plan on having it very dark. You don't want anyone tripping.

Maybe set one side up so it looks like you are walking along the edge of a mountain, with a path between it and the encroaching jungle.

Hope this helps some.
    Shawn

Comment

Thanks for the good ideas Shawnc!

anyone else?
      Sean De Wane
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

We have made a forest in past haunts... and with limited budgets found FREE ficus and christmas trees on Craigslist... we broke them up for parts and put branches into walls as well (TONS). Also used large cut dead trees from our owner's own forest and mounted those throughout. We did pale blue lighting from above the camo netting ceiling that simulated moonlight in our indoor space.

Happy jungle building!
        Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
        The White Star Farm
        "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Be careful adding real trees or vegetation. Even if treated with fire retardant most Fire Inspectors will not allow real vegetation in the haunt.

Just my 2 cents,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          Deadly Intentions Haunted House/Prison
          www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
          Last edited by Howie Slobber Erlich; 07-03-2008, 12:28 PM.
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

The Vines of Darkness...

Also, if you need Vines for the scenic design.....
            We still have Vines in stock ready to ship immediatelly this year in bulk.

You can see them here:
            http://www.thevillageofdarkness.com/vines.htm

If you need me to send you a sample one, just let me know.

Robert Kocher
            The Village of Darkness
            Robert Kocher
            Xanthar of the Museum

The Village of Darkness
            www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com

Comment

xanthar... Ill be e-mailing you next monday...

keep an eye out for my e-mail
              Sean De Wane
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
              X