New Subject Matter... RADIO IS DOWN FOR THE COUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Subject Matter... RADIO IS DOWN FOR THE COUNT

How about a new subject... the radio industry revenue is DOWN big time and they're making deals all over the place. Don't get tricked into that election year crap... car dealers, mortage companies, new home companies, are all cutting spending on marketing... these people buy a lot of radio, and they're not spending a dime.

I got some inside scoop on this and RADIO STATIONS right now are making deals... call your reps and get locked in NOW for the best rates. STICK IT TO THEM... SQUEEZE THEM DRY!

They need to meet quota and they can't so they're making deals to do that.

Don't say later I didn't tell you so...

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We have a deal with the local Clear Channel network of stations that gives us a two for one deal. For every spot we run, they run one for free, plus a lot of on air ticket give aways. Is that a good deal, or could I do better?
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

radio

Originally posted by lurker View Post
      We have a deal with the local Clear Channel network of stations that gives us a two for one deal. For every spot we run, they run one for free, plus a lot of on air ticket give aways. Is that a good deal, or could I do better?
      I would buy all you can, but I do know that what that market is doing is against Clear Channels policy.. So buy it quick while your rep still has a job.....
      They are not allowed to do and BOGOs...

Comment

I've been wondering about the impact radio has at all anymore.
        and if I should even bother.
        but if there are crazy deals to be made, that's different.

Now we just need the newspaper business to stop charging as if they matter anymore......
        Gravely MacCabre
        aka Ricky Dick
        Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
        and
        Midnight Monster Hop
        Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
        www.castleblood.com
        www.midnightmonsterhop.com
        www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
        Lifetime achievement award winner
        International Costumers Guild

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          How about a new subject... the radio industry revenue is DOWN big time and they're making deals all over the place. Don't get tricked into that election year crap... car dealers, mortage companies, new home companies, are all cutting spending on marketing... these people buy a lot of radio, and they're not spending a dime.

I got some inside scoop on this and RADIO STATIONS right now are making deals... call your reps and get locked in NOW for the best rates. STICK IT TO THEM... SQUEEZE THEM DRY!

They need to meet quota and they can't so they're making deals to do that.

Don't say later I didn't tell you so...

Larry
          Larry, please tell me how I can wheel a deal that would get a radio station to take a contract based on our ticket sales. I REALLY want to have a commercial on the radio this year, but we have no money in the budget for it. I KNOW that this sort of thing has been and IS BEING done. Let me be your disciple -- TEACH ME HOW!

Comment

radio can deffinately be a big help for the smaller haunts. The last season I opened, I would honestly say that it brought in a good 15% or more customers that would not have known about it if it weren't for the radio.

I say, that if your just thinking about using radio this year, jump onto it right now.

This can only do one thing, and thats to benefit you a lot on ticket sales.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Empress:

We are in only our second year in the haunt business. What I did last year to get advertising was get six different business sponsors to give me 200.00 each and promote them as well at the end of the commercial. Then it's no money out of your pocket. They are all coming back this year and paying for the advertising. All I did was give coupons out at the haunt as sponsors and they got to see the return for their money. It seemed to work. We are in a very small town of less than 10,000 and we got people from the next few cities over from the radio ads. I think it would be beneficial to ask a few businesses.

Just a thought for you.

Comment

Working...
              X