Virtual Tours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Tours

Do any of you have a "virtual tour" of your show on your website? If not, have you considered it? Why, why not, pros, cons?

* By virtual tour, I mean user controlled panoramas... Kinda like this one (Flash required):

http://home.columbus.rr.com/kurtisbc...Pan/KCHPan.swf
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

This one turned out better (I think):

http://home.columbus.rr.com/kurtisbc...pelHillPan.swf

Comment

A very large percentage of my customers drive quite a distance to see my house.
      If they could see it on -line they might not give the experience a chance, sort of like some local people who went through my house 20 years ago and don't return because "They have seen it before."
      The fact that I have built additions and added tunnels under the yard and work on the place everyday can't convince them that they have NOT seen it all.
      Many have told me that the actual experience of standing infront of my house is much more impressive than any photograph or video, which makes it seem much less awesome (or maybe it's the supernatural vibes can't be felt from a mere image?)
      How many people feel they will stay home rather than see a movie if someone describes the scenes and ruins the surprise ending?
      Don't most film distributors gain most of the profit from the first week or two of the showing of the movie? Then after that (after people are ruining it for their friends before they see it) then the movie theaters get the majority of the profit?

Just because someone owns a camera does not give them the right to "steal" creative ideas and use those ideas for their own personal gain.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I see your point, Jim. I guess I didn't mean an entire virtual walkthrough, but more of an expanded view of a room or scene. Many haunts already have still images on their websites, I was just wondering if a 360 degree panorama might have more impact on the viewer.

I'm not sure where the "stealing" comment came from or how to follow it, so I won't. Hahaha.

Comment

You know I did see some toledo haunt have a 360° tour of some of their haunt online.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Thanks, MindTumor. That would be TerrorTown. It looks like they hooked up with a business directory outfit who takes the photos, does all the tech work, hosts the flash, and links them in their directory. Not a bad deal for $360 a year. I don't charge near that much, but I just started doing them. I also don't have the directory or the hosting capabilities. I just take the pics and deliver the flash.

Initially, I thought real estate was the obvious market, but then golf courses came around, then cemeteries, I figured haunts would be next on the potential market list.

Comment

Working...
            X