Thursday VS Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday VS Sunday

We were open Sundays this season and they were VERY slow. I'm toying with the idea of being open Thursdays and cutting Sundays completely out.

Does anyone have any input on how their Thursdays attendance compares to Sundays?

Empress, You find yourself a Sunday with a Monday holiday following it and you have just found yourself another Saturday night, usually complete with the usual Saturday night Drunkies too, unfortunately.
    The national Sherriff's Stats used to say that the Thursday night before Halloween was when all the vandalism took place.
    Since I watch almost no television, maybe someone else could say if Thuursday night TV is full of really popular shows or not? There is some of your possible competition.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Empress,

I am thinking the same thing. I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago. Consensus seems to be that both days are about equal attendance wise. Most other haunts around us are open Thursdays rather than Sundays, so I think we are going to follow suit. Nice to have a day of rest before the week kicks back in.

Here's my post, in case you want to read the replies:

http://www.hauntworld.com/phpbb/view...748&highlight=
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

We are open Sundays and do pretty well. Very busy towards the end of the month. Thursdays we close, it gives us time to go visit other haunts.

Comment

Brett, If you close one day you might lose your edge! (Speaking from personal experience here) hahahaha!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Empress,

We opened both last year, Thursdays ate it. I did have a few church groups, on Sundays, but all 3 Sundays I was open were decent, last one was great, broke our Sunday record.

Stick to Sundays, Thursdays suck, except for a dress rehearsal before you open.

Hauntus Emeritus
            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
            X