rippling floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rippling floor

does any1 know where i can buy this prop?or does anyone have plans for building one?

I have a "Crawlspace" exhibit I built many years ago. It appears to have "something" crawling under the ground to attack the customer.
    Like almost anything of this sort, it requires numerous custom produced major parts and tedious assembly.
    If your time is figured to be worth almost nothing(as I figure mine when i'm doing my work here on my haunted house) the materials will still be costly, possibly as much as ....$500.oo?
    I have no degree in engineering(Or anything) so no blueprints will be available.....sorry.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

ahhh i thought you had a real haunted house you gave tours through.i didnt realize you had props in there.

Comment

Ghosties don't always punch in on time, so in the meantime I have to have something to show to people.
        Most people find my work on props and my narration of the house tour pretty entertaining.
        This is all I do for a living for going on 20 years I must be doing something that people like, here in a village of 1,700 retired farmers and young unemployed in the middle of a cornfield.
        I knew from the beginning that I would have to put forth enough effort to inspire repeat business especially since almost all of my business drives a long way to arrive here.
        This house has been haunted since at least 1925. Elderly people here told me not to buy it because it was haunted.
        Some people freak out just getting near the house and have a problem even thinking about coming inside of it.
        My Great-grandfather worked in this house as a bartender from 1908 to 1912, my family has some history with these walls.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

But on the other hand, during long spells of supernatural activity, you can stand by the time clock and see second shift exchange greetings to first shift as they leave. Hey Ralf. How ya doin Sam? Tough day? Yep, church group, Oh okay, see ya. Ghosties packin lunches with thermoses of coffee.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

This room will have to be off to one side as it will not hold the weight of people. Make the floor about three feet lower then the rest of the flooring, line it like one of those home made ponds, so it holds water. Take planks and hinge them together and place styrofoam blocks on the ends of each plank. Once this is all done, the floor will float on the water, the wood will not be in the water as it will be floating on the styrofoam blocks. Then use some ball or something that can be pulled a cross the water under the wood, this will make the floor move up and down. You could have someone pull it a cross or make some sort of motor do it. I have never done this, it's just off the top of my head. You may have to play with it to get it to work right.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I think your looking for this prop:

http://www.hauntpics.com/gallery/alb.../floorhall.wmv

However i believe it was custom made by Brckee. Here is a link to more pictures of his props and also daylight pictures of the rippling floor effect...

http://www.hauntpics.com/gallery/thu...s.php?album=20

Hope this helps!
              Bill
              Bill Rod.
              Dark Tech Effects
              Automated DMX Lighting
              Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Thanks Beardedbil !
                That prop is cool,,
                Sure would like to have the blue prints of it..
                Ghoul Town

Comment

My design might be alot less teidious to make (sawing all those little boards so precisely)
                  I build a long thin box to hold the mechanics and use canvas for a lid to the box, the canvas is painted and decorated to resemble dirt then a garage door opener does the rest.(it is in the box)
                  My house just happened to have a real crawlspace dug out to access heating pipes and I put the display in there (heating pipes are long gone)
                  I had to re-install this once because some really stupid customers crawled on top of it and broke it all down, one busy October as a tour guide of mine wasn't paying attention. The same fate befell my neatest display, the octopus tenticle arm reaching out and up, slapping the wall making a steel manacle ring like a bell hanging there from a small hole in the wall of the wine cellar, a kid wrestled with it, that was "IT!"
                  I have this all on tape, somewhere?
                  It was shown on a tv station from Peoria?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

thanks bill.yeah thats what im looking for plans for building one tho

Comment

Wasn't the floor part of that at Transworld last year or the year before at the Tom Savini booth?
                      Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

Wipp, check your PM's
                        Bill Rod.
                        Dark Tech Effects
                        Automated DMX Lighting
                        Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

"wipp"
                          Hi, I've been googling this alot. The key word I came up with '
                          ( Skelerector ) is one part of the prop,not the floor part.
                          www.teambac.com has a very good How -to page on building
                          the skelerector. I'm trying to place a skelerector in a cemetery,
                          under ground in a concrete burial vault.
                          Hope any of this helps. I'm still looking..
                          Ghoul Town

Comment

..so your pnuematics will have to lift a concrete burial vault?
                            WOW! impressive! Massive cylinders! Robbed from a big bulldozer?
                            I know when that vault lifts off that I would sure be running!
                            hahahaha!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                              ..so your pnuematics will have to lift a concrete burial vault?
                              No jim..
                              A vault in the ground, with no (concrete) lid. @ grade level.
                              place the skelerector in the vault. I will need some kind of
                              cover to hide the skelerector ? maybe a pnuematic door.or doors.
                              Ghoul Town

Comment

Working...
                              X