Need Pirate Audio!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Pirate Audio!!!

Any Mateys out there know of a program to convert text to audio (in Pirate voice)??? Or is anyone saavy enough to perform a custom pirate recording and save it to a wav or similar audio file??? We're doing a pirate theme for my son's 3rd birthday party (complete with our custom built pirate animatronics and such), but we also have a CGI skull pirate we need to program to some cool and personalized Pirate audio...any help or website, or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Arrgh!

There's a free software program called Audacity out there that allows you to take recordings and/or sound effects/music and manipulate them, then convert them to mp3 or wav. You can record your own voice (using the computer's mic) saying whatever audio you want, then drop the pitch or add sound effects/music to the background. I've used it for all my haunt audio and it works great (and fairly easy to figure out). I've used it to record, edit and convert all our audio for our animatronic skeletons.

If you want SFX/music, There are free sound effects sites (like Soundsnap) where you can find things like ocean waves, creaking ship sounds, etc. For music, check out the group the "Toucan Pirates" who produce fantastic pirate music.

If you're getting desperate, drop me an e-mail. I've done pirate voices dozens upon dozens of times for our skeletons and can record and send a few mp3s if you need them. Drop me a line at mauckery@darkhollowhaunt.com.

Cheers!

Mephisto the Great
    Dark Hollow Haunted Forest
    www.DarkHollowHaunt.com
    DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
    www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

Awesome...

Thank You! I may take you up on that offer...I'll keep looking for now, and I'll download Audacity to give it a try...Thanks Again!!!!

Comment

Audacity is a very powerful freeware program that should serve your needs
        well.

As far as pirate music might I suggest "Fade To Black"?
        http://cdbaby.com/cd/virgilmusic7
        Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Thanks to all...

Unfortunately, I am horrible when it comes to "pirating"....I don't have the pirate vocab to convert from English...the program is awesome, tho...

Comment

ill do it

Originally posted by craigsrobotics View Post
            Unfortunately, I am horrible when it comes to "pirating"....I don't have the pirate vocab to convert from English...the program is awesome, tho...

CAll me I'll do it for free for you friend. email me for my phone number houdini2@optonline.net

would love to do it for you.

Comment

I can also do some for you as well. For a child's B-Day how can you rufuse not to.

Feel free to PM or EMail me if interested.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
              http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
              "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
              http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Thanks to All....

for the offers...I really appreciate the response...the job is complete!!!

Kudos and a special thanks to "Mephisto the Great" who did a spectacular job with the custom pirate audio....we synched the audio to a CGI skull pirate and we showed it to our little boy last night. He loved it !! ...just to see his eyes light up in amazement was one of the most rewarding experiences...I will post it on youtube for everyone to see....

Again, a sincere thanks to all, especially you, Erik....

Comment

Haunted Pirate Ship Ambient Cd

I have just produced a NEW CD called HAUNTED PIRATE SHIP. It has all the creepy stuff a PIRATE SHIP NEEDS. 70 minutes with wood creaks, groans, moans, fog horn, bell buoy, chains, water lapping , evil spirit wind & Evil pirates. VERY EERIE!

I will have a MP3 SAMPLE on my website in about 3 days.
                  http://poisonprops.com/MainPages/CDs.html
                  sigpic
                  PEACE, ADAM
                  www.poisonprops.com

Comment

awesome

I will check it out....

Comment

Congrats!!

Nothing like the feeling when a plan comes together!

All hail Mephisto the Great!
                      Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Mp3 Samples Are Up!

Hey just wanted to let you know all the MP3 SAMPLES are up.
                        HAUNTED PIRATE SHIP & EVIL CLOWN MUSIC!
                        CREEPY!

http://poisonprops.com/MainPages/CDs.html
                        sigpic
                        PEACE, ADAM
                        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Virgil, yer making me blush.

Craig - let us know when its up on YouTube; I had in my mind it was for an animatronic skeleton, but if its CGI than I'm curious how it looks. Do you create custom CGI characters?

Mephisto the Great
                          Dark Hollow Haunted Forest
                          www.DarkHollowHaunt.com
                          DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
                          www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                          X