Haunted Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Hospital

Anyone set up a haunted hospital as your theme? What ideas do you have for the different scenes.

I was thinking of a Zombie Psyche Ward theme, or Mad Doctor with buzz saw and nasty experiements going on throughout the haunt.

The admission area would be set up like a waiting room and a nurse would come out and call the names of the next group as she strapped on a latex glove and pulled out the vasiline.

How about re-establishing the old character from the tv show "Fridays" the drugged out druggist with the frizzy hair, watery eyes and screaming:"Take another pill!" ?
    He also suffered from on-going hallucinations as he threw hand fulls of pills down his throat.
    (Our local pharmacists hated that character for some reason?)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
      How about re-establishing the old character from the tv show "Fridays" the drugged out druggist with the frizzy hair, watery eyes and screaming:"Take another pill!" ?
      He also suffered from on-going hallucinations as he threw hand fulls of pills down his throat.
      (Our local pharmacists hated that character for some reason?)
      Good one, I'm going to have to fit that one in somewhere. Could do a couple fake hallucinations and then the third one would be something real swooping down at the guests.

Comment

I found this title very interesting... Well, never been there to the haunted hospital before, but did once visiting the spooky hospital in Lexington, NC about 18 years ago... They have nothing left in the old hospital... Well, I've only been there to the haunted cemetery in NC as well.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Our town had an old hospital that was torn down when I was about 16.

Everyone used to say it was haunted with all the patients that died there. Kids would break in alll the time and try to go up to the 3rd floor where all the ghosts were.

I actually thought about naming the haunt after this old hospital, but only people that have lived here 25+ years would get it.

Comment

I actually think its a good idea to name the hospital haunt after a haunted hospital that actually was real. It doesnt matter that only the older ones get it, if they do they will likely tell the younger ones. And you COULD have a LOT of fun with a hospital themeed haunt you could have a phsyc ward and all all these other things, an operating room, um i dunno. A shock therapy room? I dont know why but shock therapy always got to me.

-Zackary J

Comment

We had somewhat that idea here

But due to time restraints and a location, it's on hold this year. Ideas about patients that have a fear of aliens or a fear of god. You could do a Michael Meyers theme room from the movie or something along those lines. Long dingy hallways with flickering lights and broken furniture. Don't forget to paint the walls 'baker's pink' to soothe the 'guests'.
              If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Honestly, Michael Myers being my haunts trademark character, its not that great of a haunt character. Because once you see him you get an "Ahh oh my god its Michael Myers!" terror feeling then, it fades away. I think personally hes better as a turn the corner and BOOM there he is. Then hes gone. It peaks your terror for the first time you see him then it once again just fades away. So yeah i dont think it would be a great idea to have a whole room dedicated to him.

Thats just my two cents.

-Zackary J

Comment

I definitely want a psyche ward, then non-surgical treatments, electric shock, hanging, the rack, lots of torture, kiddie ward with clowns and dolls, a graveyard scene toward the end for outgoing patients, a garage with ambulance head lights and horn that activate on que, possibly the back end of an ambulance that pops open, a morgue scene.We might throw in a warehouse room with toxic barrels.* a recover room post surgery, several surgeries going on with chain saws, hammer and stake, etc,I love the flickering light hallway idea, any thoughts how to get that lighting affect.

Comment

Possibly an effective character would be the guy with a slight abnormal look to him who attaches himself to a group going through and keeps trying to convince them that he is not crazy and is not a inmate there, he could say things like "See that guard over there, that's my Dad! See that nurse? She's my Mom. I'm not inturned here, I'm just visiting my parents, really, I'm just visiting them, I don't belong here, really I don't."

This was the conversation aimed at convincing me that a young man was not a patient in the mental institution when we took a class trip to see a real nuthouse.
                    One of my classmates asked me half way through the tour , "I have noticed all of these crazy people keep coming up to you, Jim! Why is that? (Yes they were in every room we entered)
                    "Well it's because they feel I am the most sane and normal person in our group and they are all asking me to help to get them out because they are misdiagnosed."
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Actually Jim, i have done that in last years haunt ((theme was a phsych ward)) he was a phsycotic fellow who would follow people around. Yet sadly he suffered from Acute schizophrenia so he would have to break off mid sentence to quiet his other friends who were not "Crazy" either. It was a shame, but it was also a VERY good divisionary tactic. In one room to draw there attention from something if you have to, maybe he could break down, assume the fetal position and start crying.

-Zackary J
                      Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 07-13-2008, 06:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

But assuming the "fetal" position infront of many haunt customers would find their feet kicking your ribs in!
                        A haunt owner I know gave an old furr coat to a short employee, with a dog or werewolf mask and told him to put these things on and crawl around by the customer's feet. It only took a few minutes for him to come back bitching about the new pains from his broken ribs.
                        Yup!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

When i said that Jim i did not mean for him to drop down right infront of them i meant for him to wonder of to the side then drop then they would look at him and be like "What the hell?" and poof gotchya from the other side. Or atleast it worked rather well when they pulled it on me in my own haunt.
                          But yeah hospital haunts are fun because you have a lot of chances to get the customer to look one way then scare them from the other.
                          But yes, rib kicked = bad
                          And bad = Possible Lawsuit from actor
                          And Possible lawsuit from actor = Loosing lots of money
                          And loosing lots of money = FORCLOSURE
                          Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 07-13-2008, 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X