Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Lights?

Hi all,

Do you guys use Searchlights to help attract attention to your shows? Is it worth it, and is it effective?

Thanks,
    Darkangel

We just purchased one this year at Transworld. When it arrived in May, our tech guys decided to hook it up and turn it on. Our haunt is located in the middle of a rather large park, in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, thus not much vehicle traffic at night. So, around 9:00pm, light goes on, and over the next 30 mins, we have 12 vehicles pull into our parking lot. I had the fun job of early PR, and telling them we were just testing some new items to be used this coming October in the haunt, and they should come back then.

I myself am a skeptic of this investment, however, with no advertising, no event, and thus nobody really looking for us, we had a decent turnout in 30 min.

Comment

Wow, they just showed up to your location because they saw your searchlight? Sounds pretty effective to me....Thank you.

Darkangel

Comment

Do you know of the company that makes the one you bought?

Comment

Don't cities require permits to operate these? I know they can't be near an airport for obvious reasons.

Matt
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Working...
          X