I'm Alive !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Alive !!!

What madness!! We closed last night in a Guy Fawkes Explosion of Fury!! The fires raged and it all culmulated in a final night of madness....

George Bush dolls burned the brightest and by far were the most popular for throwing on the bonfires. There were vendors selling the dolls, posters, flags and and virtually anything with his image or typical stars and stripey stuff....

Tony Blair was a distant second (usually tied-up with GWB). 9/10 people though Sadam should go free and GWB should take his place for the hanging....lots of people just skipped the dolls and stuck the flags on the fire...

Weird we stayed away from it ourselves and just allowed people to throw on what they wanted. Funny you have to be careful not to do too much gore and keep it toned down.... but the kids can burn all the flags, soldiers and GWB dolls they want...

Lots of fire works - they are always the best! But alas these are war-themed as well!

How did everyone else do?

We don't really celebrate terrorists here in the States.

Can you imagine a Timothy McVeigh Day?
    Guerilla Haunter

Comment

While you were at it, did you throw some books in too?
      www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Xeverity,

I am surprised by your post. Most of the people on this forum are from the USA. Even though we may not support the policies of our President, we still find it offensive throwing him in a fire. WE REALLY FIND BURNING FLAGS OFFENSIVE AND CRIMINAL.

GWB is not a terrorist, Sadam is. He has murdered thousands and should hang by the neck.

I am wondering why you would make this post if not just to upset everyone!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        Deadly Intentions Haunted House
        www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Oh boy here we go...

Here's the part where someone says that Bush has sent thousands to their deaths needlessly and yada yada yada.

NO POLITICS IN THE PROFESSIONAL HAUNT CHAT FORUM!!!

There are a ZILLION other places on the web for that right-wing/left-wing crap.

NO POLITICS IN THE PROFESSIONAL HAUNT CHAT FORUM!!!

...and I apologize if I offended anyone with my comment about Guy Fawkes Day being a celebration of a terrorist.
          Guerilla Haunter

Comment

I read that post as simply "Reporting" what had happened.
            I am interested to hear about what is happening elsewhere, knowledge is power.
            We live in a fairly "Young" country the wealth is still being sorted out and divied up, in Europe the "Goods" have been basically in the same hands for 1,000's of years, I would think the average european would have a slightly different outlook on politics,especially since they endured two world wars.
            History can warn us, tell us many things, if we don't ignore it.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I guess it could belong on this forum, cuz that is kinda scary, haha
              - - Luke - -

Comment

Regardless of your opinion on the initial post.... a "report" of the Guy Fawkes Day politically-charged silliness has nothing to do with professional haunted houses.

PROFESSIONAL HAUNTED HOUSE CHAT ONLY!!!
                Guerilla Haunter

Comment

I agree, this is a pro haunt forum and not one for politics. As for Guy Fawkes, how about celebrating him as a great writer and not a terrorist. -Tyler
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Why this thread is not deleted and this user banned is WAY beyond me! As an Iraqi War and Somalia vet.....I'm really dissapointed seeing this up so long.
                    Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

Hey don't gang up on me! We did nothing of the sort.

I ONLY DO HALLOWEEN!!

Halloween here is barely celebrated here in the UK. Where as Guy Fawkes is the major holiday.

People like fireworks and build bonfires in their own backyard.

We just happen to rent space from a major firework display company and are on council property. Our Halloween event is seen as the 'sinister element' while they are mainstream. If you read my posts we are actually very tame.

The guys who put on the Fireworks displays are completely separate to me. What they did has nothing to do with me.

I do Halloween only especially being of Canadian origin!! However it is always one of our busiest nights because everyone is out and about watching the fireworks.

Hence my post for us it was a night of madness!!

Yes you were correct I was merely reporting it and didn't mean to upset anyone. Practically every corner shop seems to have bonfire night displays complete with effigies. Especially with the movie V for Vandetta if anything it is more popular that ever. In the UK Guy Fawkes and Halloween are in the same vein with Halloween as the much poorer and less celebrated cousin.

All the attractions Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Chessington world of adventure had fireworks. Our contract for getting liscencing was dependent on us remaining open until Bonfire Night as part of the celebrations. We wouldn't have gotten permission as a stand alone haunt.

You can't blame me for that!!

There is a small piece of justice though....some individuals every year injure themselves by lighting 'industrial size rockets' in their back gardens and injuring themselves or worse - their kids.

Even with that Halloween is still not regarded as well and we only captured 20% of the crowd. Most people were there for the fireworks only. It is huge!! http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/firework...don_index.html

Comment

Sorry, if it seemed like we were ganging up on you, Xeverity.

I think your post would have been okay in the FRIGHT FORUM section, which is open to virtually anything remotely related to haunts, halloween, horror, etc.

Unfortunately the PROFESSIONAL HAUNTED HOUSE CHAT ONLY section was created SPECIFICALLY for professional haunt industry topics.

Your timing (the day before our Election Day) seemed a little suspicious as well.
                        If I mis-read your intentions, I apologize.

Charles
                        Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Hey Charles,

I agree with you. But if this is for PROFESSIONAL HAUNTED HOUSE CHAT ONLY, wouldn;t that wipe out more than half of the people who post here? No offense, just thinking out loud....

Comment

Nope.

Anyone can post here... as long as the subject of the post is about the haunt industry.

Concerning the term PROFESSIONAL, you know as well as I that very, very few people earn their living with a haunted house.

Probably less than 200 or 300 in the U.S. (with amusement park and carnival darkride operating staff being the majority).
                            Guerilla Haunter

Comment

That word, "Professional" is usually used as a bludgeon over the heads of the inexperienced in the lessons of this world, usually hoping to help hide the actual fact that the person called a professional is actually either a work-a-holic or someone that just doesn't know any better.
                              Sure, I guess that I'm a professional in the haunt field but I have to work all the time, most of every single waking hour to make it happen, so maybe that "P" word is just there to hide this fact and give me some mystical assumed ranking.
                              .......Then there is that "I" word....Idiot. hahahaha!
                              When I filled out a marriage license I was telling the truth when under occupation I put "Village Idiot".
                              I knew I sure couldn't fool anyone in this small town.
                              I have lived here almost my entire life, they know me.
                              If nobody shows up soon for a house tour I will be in the basement drilling holes in concrete for the re-bar for the form for the concrete I carried down into the basement this afternoon, all 1,000 pounds of it.
                              I wish it was in more than one bag!
                              hahahaha! (There were numerous bags)
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X