No announcement yet.

I'm Alive !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just add water and it will weigh 1400 pounds!

Lets see, 2.5 cubic feet per bag, 10 or 11 bags depending on exageration of weight calculation eagles 27.5 cubic feet Hmmm, that is something. Sliced 3 ways thats 82 square feet or 8 to 9 inches wide it's 55 square feet.
    Something 5 x10, how odd. 4x13.5 Hmmm.

I've got it. A Nazi Bunker Puppet Theater! Cool!
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Don't worry Jim even a part time doctor who works one day a week is still a professional. Do school teachers become amatures when they have the summer off? My boyfriend is both a lawyer and architect but because he works mainly as an architect these days does that make him an amature lawyer??

At the heart of this ..... it the difference between how Halloween is celebrated in the US compared to the rest of world...

Most permanent attractions in the UK like London Dungeon, The Tower and Clink Prision (in the clink) have a historical slant and aren't meant to be that scary.

Other Haunt professionals such as ourselves operate from a number of locations such as Hever Castle, Warwick Castle, Bedlam Asylum, Bayham Hall, Nutfield Proiry during specific dates throught out the year to co-incide with specific events (including the blitz) and provide fright entertainment, murder mysteries, horror walks, highwayman's suppers, etc... of which Halloween and Guy Fawkes are obvious examples and the busiest times and co-exist as in 'rolled into one' weekend long event.

Then there are the theme parks who operate all year and put on a Halloween/Guy Fawkes event.

The professional haunt industry is alive and well in the UK and Europe and has been steadily growing for a number of years.

If anything it is the small haunters and home haunters that are missing here.

However, I think we have it easier than you in a lot of ways to earn a full time living because of events that happen all year round at halls, castles, dungeons, ruins and other sites of historical interest that request our sevices. We also don't have to lug around 1,000 panels and trailers as most of these places just need 'creeping up'!

There are also other differences...We can't get away with extreme horror and gore (anythng too viseral)... but satanism is ok esp. the old Alistor Crowley themes.... We can't have characters that are specifically 'racial' - gypsys, muslims, etc. but we can use historical and polictal figures from past or present. Our most popular character was the V character!

Each year we spend tens of thousands of pounds on props (often resourced on this site and shipped from the US) and put on lots of shows. On Halloween we ran our big show as usual but also handled requests for about 30 mini shows all running at the same time.

As I said before we don't have the option of separating out Halloween from Guy Fawkes night. They happen together!! Our special event/business liscence is the same. Maybe one day I will be able to actually buy up all the castles, locations etc... :lol: and then I can say what happens on bonfire night in our haunts.

So the question shouldn't be, "Are we professional haunters or not?" but...

"Do you want to limit this forum for american Halloween haunters only or should this be allowed to be an international forum???".

Comment

Hey Craig!

The Nazi Bunkers are doing well. In Jersey there are a number of them and they are well worth the visit. Wasn't to keen on the beach bunker but the German underground hospital is truly amazing!! I have visited it numerous times.

As a fright location you can't get better. Perhaps they would be interested in your puppet theatre? ;-)

Despite all the seemingly frivality of the some of the attractions throughout Europe there are serious undertones of course.

Tasteless jokes aside the ability to objectively look at the facts, maintain a sense of perspective, a stiff upper lip with a sense of humour are what gives people their dignity and resiliance.

Comment

"Do you want to limit this forum for american Halloween haunters only or should this be allowed to be an international forum???".

Xeverity,

This forum welcomes ANYONE to post as long as they follow the rules.

I am well aware that everyone lumps the Halloween and Guy Fawkes Day celebrations together in the UK. However, your "report" on the Guy Fawkes Day America-bashing had NOTHING to do with haunting. It was about kids burning effigies as a political statement.

This section is reserved for PROFESSIONAL HAUNTED HOUSE CHAT ONLY!

That means NO POLITICS!

If you follow the rules, you will always be welcome here.
          Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Working...
          X