Wolfe Brothers Facepaint/Special Effects Seminar in PA August 1-3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfe Brothers Facepaint/Special Effects Seminar in PA August 1-3rd

Hey everyone, we have just confirmed with Brian and Nick Wolfe a 2 day face painting seminar and a one day special effects seminar. It is going to be held in Lock Haven, PA on August 1, 2, 3.

August 1-2 Friday/Saturday will include basic anatomy and horror makeup skills. It will be from 10-5 pm with a lunch break. I am looking to set up a dinner get together for everyone if you would like to join and just chat about the industry in general.

August 3 Sunday will include basic air brushing and special effects.

This is our first face painting seminar so bare with me. We felt it necessary to educate some of our folks at our haunt. Space is limited and first come first serve. Deposit is required (non refundable) asap.

Cost is going to be around 350-400 for Fri/Sat. If you attend Fri/Sat class Sunday will be an additional 100.00. If you want to do Sunday only it will be 200.00.

We have not secured the location for class yet. So I don't have exact cost of course. I am trying to keep all cost down because of short notice, travel expenses, etc. I am NOT making a cent on this and paying for all my own folks to attend as well. I am working with the local Best Western for a special rate for everyone.

You can bring your own paint kits are they will have it available for purchase (they said around 50.00 a kit). I will also have some on hand.

This is open to anyone, owners, actors, home haunters, etc. if you are interested, please call my cell immediately at 570-660-5504 or email me at heather@reohp.com.

please keep me updated on the location....I may try to attend as the face painting is a huge interest of mine that I would love to learn from the best.

Comment

Hey Scare:

It will be in our hometown Lock Haven. I just need to secure the location for the class. We have a Best Western here that I am trying to get discount room rates for people. We also have several bed and breakfasts in the area. I am checking with them. I am trying to get a room that doesn't cost anything or little to keep the cost down for all of us. That's why I am not certain yet of the total cost but will not be more than what I posted.

We are close to State College (Penn State) and Williamsport (Little League World Series). It's a small town but 30 minutes from both larger towns.

If you are interested, we are accepting deposits now. It's not far away so I hope to have the class room secured by Wednesday. If not, I am going to host it at my house but want everyone to be comfortable.

Thanks for the inquire.

Comment

I am getting several questions about what level this class is for. I for one have absolutely no experience in face painting. The folks we paying for with our haunt do not have any either. It's going to be basic to moderate on Friday and Saturday. We did however ask for basic air brushing and effects on Sunday because we need to have that as well.

My conversation with Brian was that he will teach the basics of where to start the horns with the contour of your face and how to make it all work and look realistic.

We have only done it by looking at the books from Wolfe FX and trying to "do it yourself".

Hopefully this helps. If anyone has taken or hosted any classes in the past, please give everyone some insight on the classes.

I am certain they are going to be more than educational and even a refresher for some.

Comment

The one thing you can be assured of is that Nick and Brian will cater their instruction to the level of the class and then offer individual instruction to the level of the person. They are great to work with.

Comment

I have to agree with Barry on this.
            Brian and Nick run a very comfortable class for folks of different skill levels.
            When I participated in one of their 2-day workshops they would demonstrate an application technique step by step, then walk around the class as everyone tried it themselves, giving tips and feedback the whole time.
            I don't feel that anyone got left behind and it was so great to see how everyone in the class got similar results...awesome looking makeups!

I guess the ultimate comment I could make is that I would take the same class again, just as a refresher. You guys will have a blast.

Hope this helps,
            Nick
            Nick Collins
            SEE-NICK-DESIGN
            Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

Comment

Barry/Seenick:

Thank you for all the comments. I think I picked two of the best to learn from and am glad you both confirmed they are great.

Everyone time is running short on getting into the class so please get a hold of me this week.

I hope to have a confirmed class location by Wednesday. If I can't find something affordable, you'll all be at my house to keep the cost down. H

Comment

Make-up

The cost is $500 per person for the 3 day seminar ?

Comment

Final cost

OK folks, I have secured a place where I am opening store and he isn't going to charge me anything to use it for the three days. So here are the options:

08-01/02 Friday/Saturday face painting class 10-5 pm $300.00

08-03 Sunday air brushing/special FX if you take Fri/Sat is additional $100.00

Sunday if you only come in for that day is 150.00.

Call 570-660-5504 or email me heather@reohp.com if you want to sign up.

I am going to put together a place to meet for dinner if we want to go and just chat about things or I can direct you for entertainment.

Best Western is the closest hotel. 101 E Walnut St
                  Lock Haven, PA 17745 Map

Don't forget I need deposits asap.

Hope to see some of you there.

Comment

Are they going to actually use the Wolff Brother brand makeup for this class or something else? I know they no longer work for the Wolff brother company, they are free lance makeup artist who can be hired by any makeup company for demonstrations.

Just wondering...
                    Sean De Wane
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    The De Wane Asylum
                    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

They are going to Europe next week and said they would get the kits from the one company they will be there with. So, I assume the answer is no. However, I carry Wolfe FX makeup because of their name. So I have kits available for my store.

Brian said it didn't matter what brand of makeup you came with or used that it would work. As for the new kits available they will have, it will not be Wolfe FX.

I did ask the question on what is the best and Brian said he would go over make up differences in the class.

Comment

Last chance to sign up

I have 5 seats available. I just spoke to Brian Wolfe and they are looking forward to coming up.

I have kept the class at bare minimum of 300.00 for Fri/Sat. Is there anyone else that wants to attend?

I need to have a head count for Monday. Give me a call on cell 570-660-5504 or email heather@reohp.com

Comment

Working...
                        X