Ideas for other entertainment at the haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for other entertainment at the haunt

We are opening a haunt this year. The haunt portion is of our plan is getting taken care of. We are going to do some other entertainment and concessions for food. We would like to hear what other haunts have done in the past and what were success's and what were not so successful.

one of the entertainment ones we are working on is a game called "the wheel of doom" or "the wheel of misfortune"

Im not sure but i think Crazy Bob at the Haunted Hydro might have the Wheel of Misfortune already...you might wanna check that out. But you can hire some traveling actors to entertain your crowd
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Yeah i agree with tater, i was going to mention something similar. You could hire Sideshow clowns similar to Heckles and Twitch though i dont think they may be available.

Those are just my two cents

-Zackary J

Comment

entertainment

I promised to share, since I pluged my audio production company on here lol.

In the past we have done the basic que line audio of the history of the haunt, in the style of a documentory. Last year we built an enclosure and played movies. You could do a custom news-style video about the past things that have happened. We had a guy that was in some crazy clown outfit, insulting guests in line. He was very in your face, some loved it, others hated it, but both were entertained.

We have thought about putting halloween themed carnival games right before they enter the lineup building, or letting corp. sponsors and local groups (charity and non-profit) set up tables on each side of the line. It will get their message out and people are bored anyway so they will look at the info. Maybe have palm readers, ect in little booths as the line goes through, they come upon these various things to keep them busy. Could even do maybe some tables on either or both sides of the line, with fake newspaper articles and "things found in and around the haunt grounds from the past" kind of like a little museum of sorts.

Comment

I worked for a haunt yearrrrsss ago back in 1999 I think it was that had 2 guys fight in front of the waiting line. They set up a folding table loaded with tons and tons of those little thumb tacks. Than one guy would pick up the other guy with his shirt off and slam him onto the tack filled table and crashed it. Then the one guy pulled out all the bleeding tacks from his back. THIS IS NO JOKE! they would actually do this and people LOVED IT waiting to enter the haunt. They even hit each other with metal folding chairs and garbage cans. Stuff you would see on tv. Or they also had actors dressed up walking around outside with chainsaws and bloody axes and one guy on stilts walking around. It kept peoples attention.
          ~Bill Mlinac
          The Deadland Haunted House
          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
          X