Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age limits

To each there own..
    To be a member of our cast they must be at least 19 ( but like them to be over 21) with some type of training. We are not babysitters! We have a background check done with their approval to see just who we have working at our place..You can't be too careful..

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
      I got all of you beat. I got a rat working for me this year that is not even 2 years old. And, if it works hard, and stays away from stray cats, I foresee it rising to the top of the haunt business. I think it may even have plans for its own tradeshow in 2010.
      Don't push things too much, most people will tell you that you should be at least 6 or 7 before starting your own tradeshow.
      Tom Strong
      Maker and Fixer of Things
      Hundred Acres Manor
      Bethel Park (Pittsburgh) PA

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
        I got all of you beat. I got a rat working for me this year that is not even 2 years old. And, if it works hard, and stays away from stray cats, I foresee it rising to the top of the haunt business. I think it may even have plans for its own tradeshow in 2010.
        Don't push things too much, most people will tell you that you should be at least 6 or 7 before starting your own tradeshow.
        Tom Strong
        Maker and Fixer of Things
        Hundred Acres Manor
        Bethel Park (Pittsburgh) PA

Comment

I run a charity haunt for a local youth club. Last year I used my 12 year old daughter and 5 of her friends. I also used the club's director's son at 13 years old and 7-8 of his friends. We had 15-20 16 to 21 year olds, no problems from them except a few of them texting during the haunt. This year, cell phones get checked in when they arrive.

We are open 7-11 only Fri and Sat nights in Oct. No drunks last year, but that was our first year.

I did not allow the kids to be in the maze or in contact with guest. The kids were behind walls mostly. They might open a door and shout, but then close it again.

I used the kids to run the air hose and pull the ropes on some of the props.

Our biggest problem with kids was keeping them in place. We have 4 supervisors in costume that roam around with water bottles and granola bars for the kids, and adults. We checked on each kid after every 2-3 groups went through. Mostly to make sure they were still there, but also to make sure they were OK.

Comment

Working...
          X